motion controller?!

bucsfan97

CAG Veteran
so the new motion controller...is it real or is it not? i heard its supposed to come as a pack in with the new 60gb xbox 360? so whats your take on it? rumor? or not

It was accidentally confirmed by the banjo guys

Here is the pic, I think it is legit at least.
186468-1.jpg
And I don't think it will be bundled with any of the consoles, it was made specifically for the Banjo game

The Banjo guys actually denied that a motion controller is going to be used at all. Some Microsoft rep mentioned that you can "twist" stuff around in Banjo and everyone jumped to the conclusion that it was going to use a motion controller.

What the rumored motion controller most likely is, is Motus Games' Darwin controller.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/11/rumor-motus-games-darwin-is-xbox-360s-motion-controller/

The thing is just a 3rd-party controller that developers would have to accept in order for it to actually work.

I remember reading an article on maxconsole or joystiq where one of the Banjo devs accidentally mentioned use of the motion controller in an interview, so maybe they just have support for it. I don't care either way, I love my 360 controller. :)

I like that it's a 3rd party controller, there for people that want to use it and not mandatory. Still the darwin allows motion for 360, PS3 and PC and that's really cool.

if you look in the new "xbox epeirience" trailer on live, it shows someone point a wii shaped wiimote at the screen

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Whatever happened to the FPS-centric controller they were developing? Did they just cancel it?[/quote]
Hadn't heard about that before, controller that would allow a level playing ground for cross-platform FPS matches with PC players w/o auto-aim would be awesome though. :applause:

there was a fps controller that had a mouse in one hand and about 1/2 controller in the other...you need to put it on something

http://au.gear.ign.com/articles/799/799262p1.html

msft was allegedly working on one as well, maybe next gen...I know splitfish was having issues getting msft to allow it on there system..that was about a year ago so maybe things have changed.

[quote name='Bretters']It was accidentally confirmed by the banjo guys

Here is the pic, I think it is legit at least.
186468-1.jpg
And I don't think it will be bundled with any of the consoles, it was made specifically for the Banjo game[/QUOTE]
That's not a first-party controller. That's made by a company called "Motus Games". It's called "Darwin", which is obviously a not-too-veiled rip-off of Microsoft's motion controller, code-named "Newton". It's just a cheap knock-off, and it's going to be released for 360, PC, and PS3 at the end of the year.[quote name='ryanbph']when did the banjo guys confirm it?[/QUOTE]
They didn't. Bretters has no idea what he's talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back