Motor City Machine Guns/Beer Money 2010 tag team feud of the year wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, a few notes I'd like to make about RAW.

- The instant that they started making note that Punk wasn't nervous about his match I turned to a friend and said "Well looks like Nexus is getting another dude tonight."

- There was decent Rumble build up finally, like 6 different people said they would win the Royal Rumble. Do I seriously believe any of them but Cena, Punk, or ADR have a shot, no, but I still enjoy it.

- I see Ziggler being in the Rumble match, possibly as number 40. Think about it, have him lose his match, then Vickie uses her power to put him in the match and he still loses. It would be good build up for the guy.

- Bryan needs to be pushed again and soon, when was the last time the title was even defended?

- That ending was overly anti-climactic, when Ryan debuted I think everyone I know did a double take thinking it was Big Dave coming back. The dude makes Punk look tiny.

- I hope they keep Cena away from the main event at Wrestlemania, he doesn't need to be a part of it.

- What the hell ever happened to Matt Young?

End of my bullet points.

[quote name='cdubb1605']

- Bryan needs to be pushed again and soon, when was the last time the title was even defended?[/QUOTE]
It was tonight and he lost it to Morrison.

[quote name='bardockkun']It was tonight and he lost it to Morrison.[/QUOTE]
....non-title match playboy

Random Pic 7:

16084910070855657568.jpg

[quote name='strongpimphand']....non-title match playboy[/QUOTE]
First time watching Raw in ages and I fuck that up. Carry on.

Looks like they're trying to keep Nexus and NexTus mostly evenly stacked. Barrett's side gets Lashley 2.0, so Punk's side gets Batista 2.0. I smell a Wrestlemania 10 man tag. I'd expect some kind of face off in the Rumble...that could be part of why they bumped the number up this year, so they could dedicate a segment of the Rumble match to that angle.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KaneRobot']Looks like they're trying to keep Nexus and NexTus mostly evenly stacked. Barrett's side gets Lashley 2.0, so Punk's side gets Batista 2.0. I smell a Wrestlemania 10 man tag. I'd expect some kind of face off in the Rumble...that could be part of why they bumped the number up this year, so they could dedicate a segment of the Rumble match to that angle.[/QUOTE]
...and the worst part is Cena will eliminate both Punk and Barrett....

AND WE ALL KNOW THIS WILL HAPPEN!

[quote name='KaneRobot']Looks like they're trying to keep Nexus and NexTus mostly evenly stacked. Barrett's side gets Lashley 2.0, so Punk's side gets Batista 2.0. I smell a Wrestlemania 10 man tag. I'd expect some kind of face off in the Rumble...that could be part of why they bumped the number up this year, so they could dedicate a segment of the Rumble match to that angle.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I'm still convinced that they needed to gimmick it (yes, gimmick a gimmick) in order to sell it to fans, because the star power is severely lacking this year.

Speaking of which, WWE has announced the first 21 wrestlers in the Rumble match. About bloody time.

Alberto Del Rio
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
Darren Young
David Hart Smith
David Otunga
Husky Harris
John Cena
John Morrison
Mark Henry
Michael McGillicutty
Primo
R-Truth
Rey Mysterio
Sheamus
Ted DiBiase
Tyson Kidd
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

I see three people who can feasibly win in a list of 21: Mysterio, Cena, and Punk. A few days ago, though, Wikipedia (;)) had Triple H listed as the 2011 winner. neocisco, you startin' trouble again at wikipedia?

I had no idea that Youmg, Hart Smith, Primo, Tatsu, and Ryder were still employed.

I bet good money they'll win future endeavors in the Rumble.

:lol:

WWE's weird like that, though. They'll keep horrible talent around for months, and then purge *after* Wrestlemania. It's an odd sense of loyalty/obligation: take talent you know you're going to shitcan, put them on the card in the biggest PPV of the year, give them that payday, then dump 'em. From a business standpoint, dumping them pre-WM would be the best idea. But hey, it's not my company.

Have y'all been keeping up with the "Eric Bischoff is a train wreck" story b/w him and the internet dirt sheets?

I only noticed Smith on Raw last night because of his non-reaction to getting thrown over by Sheamus. He landed on his feet, didn't show any emotion or even look back at Sheamus and walked away.

[quote name='masked lemon']I had no idea that Youmg, Hart Smith, Primo, Tatsu, and Ryder were still employed.

I bet good money they'll win future endeavors in the Rumble.[/QUOTE]

While I do agree that at least 1 or 2 will be released after Mania, I vaguely understand why they're still employed.

Young - Keeping the NXT experiment alive. I don't think any of the original Nexus group have been 'let go', and I think they're worried about setting a precedent. Don't want people worried that being written out mean unemployment, right?

Smith - Obvious. He'll be around for a while as utility talent. He's a legacy, and until they decide whether A) Kidd's push is working or B) if they want Hart back or not, he's got a job. Side note: until he totally no-sold that elimination, I couldn't even figure out who he was.

Primo - I've always assumed they kept him under contract as a 'fuck you' to Carlito and how he left. I can't imagine he's happy there, but he could also just be (like Carlito) sticking it out to make money. Still, I prefer the 'your brother was a dick, so we're holding you hostage' scenario.

Tatsu - They've never found anything that clicked with him. He's talented, but he's just not a 'storyline' guy. Good utility talent, one who (according to most house reports) gets a pretty decent pop for some unknown reason. Still, he's an easy face to trot out at any given time.

Ryder - You don't release Zack Ryder. Woo woo woo, you know it. The real crime is that they haven't done jack shit with him. No, I take that back... the *real* crime is making him change his awesome one-legged outfit. Side note: Ryder is a 'Santino' kind of talent... pair him with someone else and you've got a ready made tag team. Oh, and one more time, just because I like saying it: WOO WOO WOO, YOU KNOW IT.

That, by the way, is why no one should ever elect to play as Zack Ryder in a Smackdown game if I'm around. You'd be shocked at just many sentences "WOO WOO WOO, YOU KNOW IT!" works nicely in the middle of. ;)

I still think Tatsu and Golddust need to tag again. Or one of them with Ryder. I can already imagine the promos if Ryder teaching Tatsu to say Woo Woo Woo, You know it.

Raw wasn't catching my attention, so I turned it off before Batistwo (as Jericho called him on twitter) showed up. Besides, I like the daily show more than WWE.

Oh, he's fucking *Welsh*? Ugh.

EDIT: Macho Man is *great* news. Makes me interested for sure. I'll have to see more roster/info/gameplay before it becomes a must buy.

I doubt it will get anything higher than a 6.9 from IGN, but it looks like it could be fun. Major props to THQ and/or the WWE for getting the Macho Man on board. Gotta love how The Million Dollar Man and Ted Dibiase are GameStop exclusive. -_-

Cody and Dusty are probably the other retailer exclusive. I'm wondering who is going to get the Best Buy "Screw everyone who doesn't buy it here" exclusive.

[quote name='diddy310']Cody and Dusty are probably the other retailer exclusive. I'm wondering who is going to get the Best Buy "Screw everyone who doesn't buy it here" exclusive.[/QUOTE]Watch as it turns out that Roddy Piper is the Best Buy exclusive and Jimmy Snuka is a GameStop exclusive. In addition to that, Toys R' Us will get an exclusive coconut weapon that serves no purpose without the other two stores' wrestlers.

I'll pre-order All-Stars anywhere where they won't include Ted DiBiase. Man that kid isn't even wasted potential. He should form a tag-team called "The fuck Ups" with David Flair. DeBiase is another in a long, storied legacy of kids who can't wrestle for shit, but got to where they are due to nepotism. Greg Gagne, David Sammartino, Erik Watts...who else made it big only because of their daddies?

[quote name='neocisco']What's the Bischoff story you were alluding to, myke?[/QUOTE]

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/kellerstake/article_46837.shtml

That's one summary of it.

Another: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/1/14/1935387/just-what-happened-to-eric-bischoff

Much of this started when some dude who runs a podcast nobody listens to tagged Bischoff in a tweet (no joke), saying that Bischoff would have been shitcanned in any other industry that actually demands results from people in charge. Bischoff called into dude's show and they had a biiiiig, prick-waving internet dickfight. Bichoff's been losing his cool in major ways, and worse, in public ways, attacking people personally via twitter and facebook.

He's had an active presense online for a number of years (I recall posting something on his website years ago, and getting an email from him where he said I was brilliant and asked what I did for a living). But that was both private interaction as well as positive. What he's being called out on right now is how he's being far too juvenile in his public interaction. Tweeting about Dave Scherer being fat and having a small dick are, indeed, juvenile things to say.

Fact is, TNA did not deliver in 2010. I like where they appear to be heading in the coming weeks, but I also see that it's not what they need to do to "break through," and it's not going to alter their overall product in ways that makes it markedly different from too-much-talk-too-little-wrestling broadcasts that we see these days.

There are some theories about Bichoff's behavior having to do w/ stress over TNA losing faith in him, stress over the decision to not renew Reaction, etc. Hey, if I had some modicum of control over TNA, and had a loyal-to-the-point-of-stupidity money mark like Dixie Carter in charge of things, my hair would go from grey to white, too. Bischoff should certainly be acting more mature, but the root of the problem is Dixie.

I've been a Cincinnati Bengals fan for my whole life. I'm not happy Marvin Lewis is returning to coach next year, but I know that nothing in the team will change, systemically, until Mike Brown relinquishes his ownership of the team, or he drops dead. Bischoff may not be the best person to have influence (but give him credit for Reaction - I didn't like it, but at least he recognized the format/production of wrestling is far too stale), but the problems of the company are Dixie's fault.

Speaking of Bischoff, from a Torch Talk last year:

Keller: That was on the "Rise and Fall of WCW" DVD. That was something they mocked about WCW. They showed Hulk Hogan selling the Jay Leno armbar, then had different wrestlers come on to roll their eyes at it.

Bischoff: Some day somebody needs to find a way to do a Dumbshit WWE DVD. There will be a multitude of silly things we can all laugh at.

:lol: I'd buy that DVD.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/wadekellerdotcom/46843.shtml

More info here. Kinda skimming through it, it's a decent read.

I'm not sold on All Stars. It's just not what I'm looking for in a wrestling game. I might it up when it hits under $20. I picked up Legends of Wrestlemania at that price and wasn't that disappointed. Then again I'm still considering picking up the TNA game one day. :)

[quote name='Halo05']I really want All-Stars to be great. To this day, I have an unhealthy love for WWF the Arcade Game.[/QUOTE]

I still remember trying for the longest time to figure out how to unlock Adam Bomb. I was sad when I found out it was all a hoax.

[quote name='Scorch']I still remember trying for the longest time to figure out how to unlock Adam Bomb. I was sad when I found out it was all a hoax.[/QUOTE]

Was that in a gaming magazine or something? For some reason I seem to remember that too.

Random thoughts based on searching for classic wrestling themes:

1) Ever hear about how Dino Bravo died? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino_Bravo#Death

2) Why were the Rougeau Brothers heels? I started watching when they were falling out of fashion as a prominent tag team in the WWF, so I never understood why French Canadians who wanted to immigrate to the US were to be booed. They wanted to be like us? Or is it simpler than that? Is it simply "they're French Canadian, so we boo them even if they want to give us a dollar"?

3) The fuck were the Beverly Brothers supposed to be? Even at a ripe young age, the best I could come up with was "umm, they're gay, I think." 20 years later, I still haven't been able to refine that theory any further.

[quote name='mykevermin']Random thoughts based on searching for classic wrestling themes:

2) Why were the Rougeau Brothers heels? I started watching when they were falling out of fashion as a prominent tag team in the WWF, so I never understood why French Canadians who wanted to immigrate to the US were to be booed. They wanted to be like us? Or is it simpler than that? Is it simply "they're French Canadian, so we boo them even if they want to give us a dollar"?

3) The fuck were the Beverly Brothers supposed to be? Even at a ripe young age, the best I could come up with was "umm, they're gay, I think." 20 years later, I still haven't been able to refine that theory any further.[/QUOTE]

I think the Rougeau Brother turned heel simply by taking Jimmy Hart as a manager and then cheating. Odd to think it could be so simple I know.

I think the Beverly Brothers were just supposed to be douche bags from Ohio. :)

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I think the Beverly Brothers were just supposed to be douche bags from Ohio. :)[/QUOTE]

There is no emoticon to covney how much I want to :rofl: from this sentence.

Something I was thinking about earlier, spurred on by both Macho Man being announced for All-Stars, and realizing that Hart returned over a year ago.

Back in the 1995-2000 run, we had a lot of guys jump to WCW from WWF. Some big, some small, but there were a large number of them. What I was trying to figure out is... well, who jumped that *hasn't* returned to WWF at some point in any capacity? I'm counting HoF stuff here, though that doesn't change the list as much as I thought. I'm obviously, too, not counting people who died, like Rude.

The two biggest names I've come up with so far are Randy Savage and Lex Luger.

Outside of those two, there's cases to made for Sid (I'm hesistant to include him because he didn't jump directly from WWF to WCW), Jarrett (jumped well after WCW's boom period, plus I have a hard time counting Jeff Jarrett for anything), and Warrior (like Sid, never jumped directly to WCW).

As it stands, I'm pretty okay calling it a two person list with Savage and Luger... anyone I missed? Cases to be made for anyone else?

[quote name='mykevermin']2) Why were the Rougeau Brothers heels? I started watching when they were falling out of fashion as a prominent tag team in the WWF, so I never understood why French Canadians who wanted to immigrate to the US were to be booed. They wanted to be like us? Or is it simpler than that? Is it simply "they're French Canadian, so we boo them even if they want to give us a dollar"?[/QUOTE]
It wasn't a huge angle that I recall. They just started being more obnoxious while having a really phony "we love America!" attitude...carrying the little flags, introducing the awesome theme song, introducing Hart as their manager. I think (not positive) that it was the follow-up angle to the Hart Foundation dumping Hart. Getting with the Rougeaus was his little revenge quest.

They were definitely dull as hell as good guys, so it only made sense to try something else.

3) The fuck were the Beverly Brothers supposed to be? Even at a ripe young age, the best I could come up with was "umm, they're gay, I think." 20 years later, I still haven't been able to refine that theory any further.
They were from an "affluent community" (Shaker Heights, Ohio I think). That's it. Not a lot of thought went into that one.

They also had music that sounded like it was a cutting room floor track from a Sonic The Hedgehog game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLpz6OWUAx0

I'm trying to remember what Enos & Bloom's name was in AWA without looking it up, I think it was The Wrecking Crew.

EDIT: Real close, it was The Destruction Crew in AWA and Minnesota Wrecking Crew 2 in WCW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back