Motorola X205 Xbox 360 Gaming Headset $7.99 Shipped Buy.com

matthewrex

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Did a search and didn't see a thread:

203071085.jpg

Inspired by the NFL Coaches Headset, this version has been modified to support the ultimate online gaming experience. With authentic appearance and high-quality microphone and materials, the X205 provides the user with clear voice communication and gaming voice commands.

http://www.buy.com/prod/motorola-x2...g-headset/q/loc/111/203071085.html?adid=17917

Pretty sweet deal!

Tempted to pick this up. Side note, what are you holding in the pic? I was thinking sonic screwdriver but it can't be.

[quote name='jp0213']Tempted to pick this up. Side note, what are you holding in the pic? I was thinking sonic screwdriver but it can't be.[/QUOTE]

The 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver! :bouncy:

[quote name='Izod517']Anyone have any experience with this? I hate the M$ one.[/QUOTE]
I haven't had experience with this particular one but the last Motorola headset I had for the 360 was great. Probably end up picking this, just gotta remember my account information at Buy.

[quote name='matthewrex']The 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Awesome, I thought that is what it was but wasn't sure.

Seems like a pretty good deal if you need a headset. I would buy one but I still have my original wired headset, the MW2 throat mic, and also just bought a set of Turtle Beach X31s.

This is actually a damn good headset. I scored a "preowned" one from GS during the b2g1. Someone bought it and never even opened the original packaging. Its very comfortable and sound is very good.

I have the PS2 version (USB) and it works great with Skype on the PC. I was hoping to find a cable to use it with the 360. I might just have to get another one.

[quote name='Izod517']Anyone have any experience with this? I hate the M$ one.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234031
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238384
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263273
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265110

So not really, no. :)

Cannot connect with chatpad installed
Sound cuts in and out; audio cable problems
Tight/headache-inducing
Stops working quickly;
Poor mic quality
Heavy
Huge
Earcup blocks game sound and makes your ear sweaty
Drains controller battery faster
Connector falls out of controller

Other than that, people love it.

It's very uncomfortable and looks like crap. NOT A DEAL.

I bought one of these on Amazon a few months ago as a first Xbox 360 headset. Cheap and disappointing are two adjectives for the headset. The big "cup" that goes over your ear is huge and looks goofy.

This was supposed to be a replica of the NFL coaches headsets, but they didn't manage to get the design quite right..

I bought two during the last Buy.com sale on this item, and it sucks. The connector makes a very poor connection with the controller so all my friends hear is static unless I press on the connector at a specific angle. I find it comfortable and the mic sounds great when the connection holds, but it doesn't hold so that doesn't matter at all.

I imagine this headset is good if you use a 3.55mm adapter to have it function with another device (Skype, for isntance), as the 360 adapter is the real problem here, not the headset itself.

Nice headset that does not function well at all with the 360.

[quote name='XF Gator']It's very uncomfortable and looks like crap. NOT A DEAL.

I bought one of these on Amazon a few months ago as a first Xbox 360 headset. Cheap and disappointing are two adjectives for the headset. The big "cup" that goes over your ear is huge and looks goofy.

This was supposed to be a replica of the NFL coaches headsets, but they didn't manage to get the design quite right..[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My buddy and I also picked up a headset each about a year ago. If you're planning on one of your ears losing weight (because it gets nothing but sweaty in the ear cup), then by all means. The headset dongle that connects to the controller is ridiculously huge & cheaply made which causes the cord to constantly disconnect. This has 'FAIL' written all over it. Some of you may think that $8 is worth the gamble, but it's just not worth it. Stick with the MS headset instead, you'll thank us later.

I picked mine up at Kmart two years ago for 5 bucks. Worst 5 bucks ever spent on a gaming item. The headset was uncomfortable to begin with, and to make matters worse, it never worked either.

I do not recommend these and this is a repost on these i believe. I returned 4 of these and finally said forget this and ate the time and money sending them back. I suggest saving up for MS wireless or the $20 wired with keyboard pad combo on amazon.

If you want good stuff buy turtle beach newer model.

It's down to $5.99 now and I was tempted, glad I searched for this thread and read people's posts. I guess I'll save my 6 bucks for something else since you all say they're junk.

bread's done
Back