MotorStorm Patch Coming

sullyj

CAG Veteran
From IGN UK
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/774/774900p1.html

"Though Evolution Studios' off-road racer MotorStorm has only been out for a couple of weeks, there are already plans to make additions to it. Starting Friday, March 23, Sony will release a brand new in-game Buddy List to coincide with the European launch date.

The list itself will be available as a downloadable patch that's activated automatically when users log in (followed by a quick reboot). Once installed, the update will add a "Buddies" line to the boot screen located underneath the "Play" icon. Your online friends and their current status will be viewable from this hub, and if your friends are online, they can be directly linked through the MotorStorm list."

More Stuff From Sony's Blog - Should be available in April

MotorStorm
Any PS3 owner playing MotorStorm online will receive Time Trial Mode automatically – you won’t even need to download this one from the PLAYSTATION Store. Take any vehicle out on the track of your choice and go hell for leather to lay down the quickest lap time. You can race against ghost vehicles of your previous efforts, other players’ times and the best attempts from the MotorStorm development team – and then upload your best times to the global online rankings. In addition, more tracks, vehicles and game modes will be available later in the month, and thereafter on a regular basis.

gawd. really stupid updates for useless crap. Time trial? wtf who cares -_-....

How about some filters? fix voice chat? Find ways to stop people from quitting matches?................. maybe a kick function =p?

Will it fix load times?

I rented the game and found the loading REALLY annoying. The game is just not that great. Some vehicles feel fast, others REALLY slow.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Didn't games at one time work correctly and have all their features when you first bought them? Was I living in a twilight zone?[/QUOTE]

Yeah too bad that logic doesn't work since games at that time were more rudimentary and didn't even have multiplayer and you never had a chance to expand features. Nostalgia is just pent up bullshit.

Not to mention one game isn't a representative of the entire whole -_-..........

[quote name='Zoglog']Yeah too bad that logic doesn't work since games at that time were more rudimentary and didn't even have multiplayer and you never had a chance to expand features. Nostalgia is just pent up bullshit.

Not to mention one game isn't a representative of the entire whole -_-..........[/QUOTE]

Maybe some of it, but I think some of it is laziness and convenience. Early PC programmers had less to work with, but because a computer allowed patches, may older PC games came out broken and were fixed later. Only after console games went mainstream online did we start seeing games released uncompleted.

Unfortunately, Motorstorm is not the exception, but the rule.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Maybe some of it, but I think some of it is laziness and convenience. Early PC programmers had less to work with, but because a computer allowed patches, may older PC games came out broken and were fixed later. Only after console games went mainstream online did we start seeing games released uncompleted.

Unfortunately, Motorstorm is not the exception, but the rule.[/QUOTE]

but the console games that did come out broken, like Super Empire Strikes Back, and games with poorly implemented features couldn't be fixed and you just couldn't buy the game or had to put up with it sucking.

MS and Sony are definitely taking a lot of liberties with this though.

[quote name='doubledown']Will it fix load times?

I rented the game and found the loading REALLY annoying. The game is just not that great. Some vehicles feel fast, others REALLY slow.[/quote]I agree. Where's the install when you need it:bomb:

it's nice how it integrates, however you can't add buddies from games.................................. and that's the only thing it added. Personally I don't care that much about playing with people I know. The problem is no filter for finding idle games or at least kicking people in spectator when joining ongoing games or the such. There's so much they need to fix that the buddy list feels so useless -_-. And time trial? fuck that.... give us split screen play or maybe the game shouldn't take 30 seconds to load the lame car model to choose a car for the level.

After playing GT 2.0 with forcefeedback hopefully one day they'll program it now for motorstorm with wheels and forcefeedback. That would just be frickin amazing in first person mode I guarentee, but I'm not gonna hope on that one since it seems like a longshot, though it would make motorstorm 100% better.

bread's done
Back