Mount & Blade: Warband Questions

DrowVampyre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Ok, I've heard a lot of people looking for sales on this game, and now Steam has it half off, but before I pick it up, I have some questions...

1) Is the single player any good? Does it have any real story, or is it just sandboxy?

2) What's the character customization like? Do you get to pick race, sex, features, etc., or is it just "pick from a few almost identical characters"?

3) Any performance issues I need to keep in mind?

1: Just sandboxy. The original had mods which had stories, and they may or may not get ported to the expansion, but un-modded it's entirely a sandbox.

2: You get to pick skin/hair color, age (Wrinkles/graying hair), sex, and have a pile of sliders for the face. Best example would be Fallout 3 or Oblivion, lots of sliders and control over the face, but most faces tend to look similar to some degree.

3: Should scale fairly nicely. Even cranked all the way up it isn't a huge resource hog.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info - sounds like it's not for me if there's not much of a story. Now if only Mass Effect 3 would hurry up!

It's actually kind of fun. I played the demo thinking it would kill 10mins, but about an hour later I was still messing around the countryside. I think the fact that you can be evil or good and help out villages hooked me in.

bread's done
Back