Mountain Dew Pitch Black

daria19

CAGiversary!
Has anyone tried mountain dew pitch black yet? Where did you find it? I looked in a couple of stores around here with no luck.

I saw at a few stores by me & gave it a try. decent, not great, if you like grape pop. I think I may like Livewire more that regular dew itself.

It's just grape soda with a marketing campaign.

"Now with more food coloring, because your kidneys didn't have enough work already!"

They somehow manage to keep coming out with more and more disturbing colors of Mountain Dew. I mean... pitch black? That CAN'T be good for your innards.

[quote name='Smell']i just got it

ITS GRAPE SODA OMG ![/quote]

Yup.

I think it tastes like Grape Bubblicious...

...that being said, It's not bad, but I wouldn't buy it again.

[quote name='epobirs']It's just grape soda with a marketing campaign.

"Now with more food coloring, because your kidneys didn't have enough work already!"[/quote]

Hey, my kidneys have been awful uppity of late. It's time to take them down a peg.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']How many different shaq-fuing types of Mountain Dew are there?! I swear there is a new one every 2 months.[/quote]

So long as they have Diet Mt Dew and Diet Code Red Mountain Dew.. that's all I need. No calories and even more caffine!!
For a Diet Soda, it's amazingly palatable.

[quote name='BatStrike']I saw at a few stores by me & gave it a try. decent, not great, if you like grape pop. I think I may like Livewire more that regular dew itself.[/quote]

Live Wire is the most disgusting thing ever, it's even worse than Pepsi Blue.

I liked Sprite Remix, the tropical one, but they stopped making it and now it's berry, and not as good.

No, that distinction goes to Code Red. It was horribly offensive !!

Live Wire is the most disgusting thing ever, it's even worse than Pepsi Blue.

Has anyone tried the exclusive "Baja" flavor of Mt Dew available only at Taco Bell? It is a tiel blue color.

There is an ad for it in the new EGM.

I was at Acme today and they have Pitch Black Mt. Dew. I had a can of it with supper. It tastes like shit, to say the least.

[quote name='davidmt']Has anyone tried the exclusive "Baja" flavor of Mt Dew available only at Taco Bell? It is a tiel blue color.

There is an ad for it in the new EGM.[/quote]

Yeah, I tried it yesterday when I went out of town to Toys R Us. I thought it was pretty good actually.

Pitch Black is ok, but the baja blast is way better.... wish i could get it someplace other than just TB

i just had it today. it wasn't that good really,it was decent though. i prefer mt.dew regular and code red better. i didn't really like livewire either,though i usually like grape and orange sodas.

Code Red is still my #1, but the Pitch Black,LiveWire and Baja Blast aren't too bad. I too like grape and orange sodas so these are a win-win for me. It's like Kool-Aid with massive quantities of caffiene!....

Its crap just like Pepsi Blue. Regular MD and Code Red rule. But when I really need some Caffeine, I get some Bawls or Sparks.

The Pitch Black isn't bad...it's nothing special tho. I'm still partial to standard Mountain Dew myself. I haven't tried the Baja Blast yet as I've sworn off Taco Bell for a while.

I like the limited edition thing...didn't all the new Mtn dew flavors start as temporary then go permanent? Is this just a way to come out with something new and testing the waters without it looking like a huge failure a la new coke/pepsi blue?

[quote name='"evilpenguin9000"']The Pitch Black isn't bad...it's nothing special tho. I'm still partial to standard Mountain Dew myself. I haven't tried the Baja Blast yet as I've sworn off Taco Bell for a while.

Yea, I managed to get some at the local grocery store and it doesn't taste any different than regular grape soda.

I like the limited edition thing...didn't all the new Mtn dew flavors start as temporary then go permanent? Is this just a way to come out with something new and testing the waters without it looking like a huge failure a la new coke/pepsi blue?[/quote]

Livewire was introduced as a summer only thing, and this is the second summer that it was available. I don't know how long baja blast will be available. Pitch black is around until halloween, then they will bring out something called pepsi spice according to the news sites. I have no intention of even buying a bottle to try that, it just sounds nasty.

[quote name='"pimp_daddy_smurf"']i wanna try this but its no where around me, storeowners never even heard of it![/quote]

There were only two 20 oz bottles and one 12 pack of 12 oz cans in the stop and shop (grocery store, southern ct) tonight. It is still a novelty now, but I'm sure that it will be readily available in the not too distant future. I saw that they were auctioning off 12 packs on ebay, but the shipping has to be insane.

[quote name='davidmt']Has anyone tried the exclusive "Baja" flavor of Mt Dew available only at Taco Bell? It is a tiel blue color.

There is an ad for it in the new EGM.[/quote]

I saw it, but my boyfriend wouldn't get it.

It said it was a "tropical lime". I went "Isn't Mt. Dew already Lime?", he went "Shhhh, the company doesn't know that".

pitch black wasnt all that great.. sugary like any other mt dew.. but i guess it was worth the 50 cents.. and i gotta agree spirit remix was the best kind of umm new flavor pops out there but i do wanna try the baja one.. code red and live wire=tooo sugaryy

Being the insane fan of new soda flavors I am, I love it. It tastes like a BARELY carbonated clone of Grape Koolaid (which I love). Also, Baja Blast is probably the best tasting Dew ever IMO. Yet I'm kinda pissed that the last time I got it @ TB, I didn't realize it didn't have any syrup and I was stuck drinking green carbonated water. Stupid late nite drive thru.....grrrrr.

I thought the MD Pitch Black was okay. Just grape soda with a Mountain Dew aftertaste.

I really did like the Tropical Remix Sprite. I wish they had a diet version (I'm too old to be drinking that much sugar all day).

Now the real question is what do these mix best with? I'm guessing vodka with the Pitch Black (the Black Death vodka might be even better).

"Just in time for the holidays, Pepsi will launch Pepsi Holiday Spice - Pepsi-Cola with a spicy finish of ginger and cinnamon - to give consumers a new seasonal treat during a time of celebration. Testing revealed that the spice concept fits with Pepsi's image as "new," "different," and "innovative," while the flavors have a strong connection with cola. Featuring nostalgic package graphics, Pepsi Holiday Spice will be available in the U.S. for an eight-week period (November 1 - December 31) in 20-ounce bottles, 2-liter bottles and 12-packs of 12-ounce cans."

Companies will make money off of limited time runs because even if people just try one, there wont be so much stock of it. Its a good marketing ploy. In the case of Mt Dew Livewire, the reception was so good the demand was so high and they brought it back.

"Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Mountain Dew Pitch Black combines the great taste of Mountain Dew with a blast of black grape flavor. It follows in the footsteps of Mountain Dew LiveWire, which grew the Mountain Dew trademark more than 10% during its inaugural six-month run in 2003. Building on that successful strategy, Mountain Dew Pitch Black will capitalize on excitement leading up to Halloween with a shorter, 10-week on-shelf stretch beginning August 21.

In addition to Mountain Dew Pitch Black's spooky package graphics and in-store displays, a theatre commercial - parodying "B" horror movies - will support the new brand in 4,000 movie theatres. Additional marketing support includes an Internet "Dewsletter" and product sampling at General Growth Properties malls and at this week's ESPN X Games in Los Angeles. Mountain Dew Pitch Black will be available in 20-oz bottles, 2-liter bottles and 12-packs of 12-ounce cans."

edits: Quotes are from a Pepsi press release.

i love new flavors of MT dew... i drank a little too much original mixed with vodka one night and every time i drink it now it tastes like absolute vodka lol

Also 7up Plus is coming out, its got real fruit juice of some sort, in case you didnt think you could add Hi-C type flavor to the original yourself.

bread's done
Back