Mourn.. The Loss of the Analog Stick.

The Dord

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was about 3/4 way done with RE4 (Thanks Slidecage!) when my Left Analog stick became REALLY loose (after you kill that midget).

I'm really sad, what is the best 3rd party/1st party controller that the Analog sticks wont pop out of the socket and become loose easily?

Thanks.

:cry:

Rip 12/05-1/06 Packed-in with System Controller.. without you I don't have any.

:cry:

[quote name='doctorfaustus']wow, it lasted a whole month.
/end sarcasm

I've had my launch controller since, well, launch. How the hell did you mess it up?[/QUOTE]

Re4 with certain actions with Leon (shaking loose with the analong stick). :bomb:

Sounds like user error ;) or just a freak manufacturing error. I've never had a problem with my launch GC controller or my wavebird.

I wonder if controllers are covered by the Nintendo warranty since you've only had it a month. It's worth checking out; Nintendo has the best customer service.

[quote name='snipegod']Sounds like user error ;) or just a freak manufacturing error. I've never had a problem with my launch GC controller or my wavebird.

I wonder if controllers are covered by the Nintendo warranty since you've only had it a month. It's worth checking out; Nintendo has the best customer service.[/QUOTE]

I've been far more abusive to my xbox and ps2 controllers than this and this never happened to me before :) This is the first time within the past 15 years that a controller has broken on me. :cool:

The wavebird is my favo controller... it has taken alot of abuse.. not sure how much life is left in it..

when these things go on $10 clearence... I'm goin to buy a shit load of them...

[quote name='Spoon_si']The wavebird is my favo controller... it has taken alot of abuse.. not sure how much life is left in it..

when these things go on $10 clearence... I'm goin to buy a shit load of them...[/QUOTE]

The gray wavebird was clearanced out at most Targets a few months back. I picked one up for 7 bucks and some change. Not bad.

[quote name='snipegod']The gray wavebird was clearanced out at most Targets a few months back. I picked one up for 7 bucks and some change. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

They were full price at the Target in Levittown, NY. I wish I could find one for $7. I had to pay about $7 at Bestbuy after a $10 coupon and a $20 gift card. :mad:

[quote name='chunk']They were full price at the Target in Levittown, NY. I wish I could find one for $7. I had to pay about $7 at Bestbuy after a $10 coupon and a $20 gift card. :mad:[/QUOTE]The platinum ones are still full price. The flat gray ones were clearanced out.

[quote name='banpeikun']The platinum ones are still full price. The flat gray ones were clearanced out.[/QUOTE]

The flat gray ones were full price at Target in Levittown, NY when the clearance was supposedly going on. I went and tried to buy one and it rang up full price. I told the cashier that I thought it was on sale and he said that it isn't.

Wow, only after a month. What the hell did you do to it? I've had my launch controller and it still works perfectly fine, and is actually my best controller after my wavebird and I've gone through and played RE4 on it. I have two Wavebirds, and two regular GCN controllers and plan on picking up a couple more Wavebirds. That deal awhile back at Kmart was just too awesome.

In all the years I've used Gamecube and N64 controllers, I found the only way to break one was through the use of high velocity projectile flight that abruptly ended with direct impact with a solid, stationary surface. Like the wall.

lol for only a month? i've had my controllers since launch, ive brought them to parties and everything and they have went through some analog smashing in games such as super smash bros melee with my sibling rivalries, madden 04 upsets, and even super monkey ball in its hardest difficulty. well, one of them managed to break when i let my little cousin use it for a week. but i still think its funny you broke a controller in 1 month

[quote name='Fire']Wow, only after a month. What the hell did you do to it? I've had my launch controller and it still works perfectly fine, and is actually my best controller after my wavebird and I've gone through and played RE4 on it. I have two Wavebirds, and two regular GCN controllers and plan on picking up a couple more Wavebirds. That deal awhile back at Kmart was just too awesome.[/QUOTE]

it suddenly became loose after trying to get free from the zombies.

I've just had a spice controller that I've had since about launch semi-crap out on me. The A button no longer has that special "click" feeling...it feels sponge-like when I press the button now.

Heh, I remember years of throwing the NES controller on the floor (and I mean HARD) after playing games like Ninja Gaiden, Ghost and Goblins, Battletoads, Mega Man games ect and those damn things never broke. Like a rock they were.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Heh, I remember years of throwing the NES controller on the floor (and I mean HARD) after playing games like Ninja Gaiden, Ghost and Goblins, Battletoads, Mega Man games ect and those damn things never broke. Like a rock they were.[/QUOTE]

Those were the days. My one friend used to smash his controller repeatedly on the edge of the wooden TV Stand and the damn thing would always work. It was a hell of a lot of fun though watching him go nuts though. I had the occasionally flip out as well. The worst would be when you'd be so pissed you would slam the controller into the system shutting it off!

[quote name='Strell']In all the years I've used Gamecube and N64 controllers, I found the only way to break one was through the use of high velocity projectile flight that abruptly ended with direct impact with a solid, stationary surface. Like the wall.[/QUOTE]

That, or playing the old mario party minigames of "spin the joystick as fast as humanly possilbe". It bores a hole int he palm of your hand AND breaks joysticks.

I had 4 controllers since launch, sold them to a friend, and he has used them since and they all work perfectly.

I myself have had 4 wave-birds for going on 4 years now and have never had any problems.

You must really suck or something.

[quote name='bmarquardt']I've just had a spice controller that I've had since about launch semi-crap out on me. The A button no longer has that special "click" feeling...it feels sponge-like when I press the button now.[/QUOTE]
try cleaning it

[quote name='Strell']In all the years I've used Gamecube and N64 controllers, I found the only way to break one was through the use of high velocity projectile flight that abruptly ended with direct impact with a solid, stationary surface. Like the wall.[/QUOTE]

All of our controllers survived every sort of abuse we threw at it... the only controller that we have had trouble with was a WaveBird which was never abused but for some strange reason it wouldn't calibrate. But Nintendo fixed it for us since we still had a month left in the warranty (lucky!).

[quote name='Vinny']All of our controllers survived every sort of abuse we threw at it... the only controller that we have had trouble with was a WaveBird which was never abused but for some strange reason it wouldn't calibrate. But Nintendo fixed it for us since we still had a month left in the warranty (lucky!).[/QUOTE]

The wavebird has a warranty?

[quote name='Tromack']I had 4 controllers since launch, sold them to a friend, and he has used them since and they all work perfectly.

I myself have had 4 wave-birds for going on 4 years now and have never had any problems.

You must really suck or something.[/QUOTE]

Troll, go away!

yea i feel like RE4 is a control abusive game..the way that prompt pops up to use the stick to shake them off...i love RE4 but dont abuse our controllers lol.

I share your pain, this happened to me a few months ago with my Air-Flo PC controller. The analog stick would twist like the cap on a soda bottle and would constantly stick or get too loose to do anything.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Heh, I remember years of throwing the NES controller on the floor (and I mean HARD) after playing games like Ninja Gaiden, Ghost and Goblins, Battletoads, Mega Man games ect and those damn things never broke. Like a rock they were.[/QUOTE]

You and me both. You could do anything to those suckers, they wouldnt break. I've had the same controllers for 15+ years now.

If you have a reciept still to where you bought it and fill like your in a fighting mood, I'm sure the people would replace it. You'd have to complain A LOT in a small amount of time, but I'm sure they'll get fed up and give you a new one to shut you up.

i just got it today from the TRU sale...but it wont load..i get a blue screen..my other games work tohugh..could it be a defective copy..anyone else had these problems with games?

bread's done
Back