Mouse's Mousey Mouse OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine that the Canadian one focuses on French and white trash cuisine.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Maybe there's some show trade embargo thing goin' on, I dunno, two different countries, two different web sites BUT same channel.

http://www.foodtv.com/
http://www.foodtv.ca/[/QUOTE]

Food TV is run by E.W. Scripps Company, and Food TV Canada is run by the Alliance Atlantis Company. Though they both operate under the "Food TV" banner, they are actually two seperate entities.

The guy in the "Chef at Home" show doesn't have a beard now, so it's tough for my small pizza box folding cook mind to imagine what he would look like with a beard.

Favorite episode that I've seen so far: Steak for One.

[quote name='JSweeney']Food TV is run by E.W. Scripps Company, and Food TV Canada is run by the Alliance Atlantis Company. Though they both operate under the "Food TV" banner, they are actually two seperate entities.[/QUOTE]

JSweeney: Doing the geeky internet research so you don't you have to.

That Betty Crocker Cake pan thing where you can make a cake inside a cake and then fill it with ice cream or pudding or cat turds. Garbage. Absolute garbage.

[quote name='JimmieMac']That Betty Crocker Cake pan thing where you can make a cake inside a cake and then fill it with ice cream or pudding or cat turds. Garbage. Absolute garbage.[/QUOTE]
Did you try it, or are you just watching AS also?

[quote name='kittie']Why are you baking cakes?[/QUOTE]
Getting in touch with his feminine side?

Question really is, why aren't you baking cakes?

It's on Adult Swim but I've seen it before, my friend and I are talking all about how it can't possibly cook a cake.

[quote name='The VGM']The Army of Darkness is such a kickass movie.[/QUOTE]
I obviously agree.

Still trying to find the right picture for my Sig. Can't find one though. I think I'm going to have to just do a screenshot of my own, but I can't do it on this computer. It doesn't have a DVD player.

[quote name='JimmieMac']It's on Adult Swim but I've seen it before, my friend and I are talking all about how it can't possibly cook a cake.[/QUOTE]
Why's that?

[quote name='beerguy961']Getting in touch with his feminine side?

Question really is, why aren't you baking cakes?[/QUOTE]

Cakes are fattening.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']I obviously agree.

Still trying to find the right picture for my Sig. Can't find one though. I think I'm going to have to just do a screenshot of my own, but I can't do it on this computer. It doesn't have a DVD player.[/QUOTE]

That is terrible.

With all of this Army of Darkness talk, I'm sad that Bruce Campbell isn't used in film more often... He was supposed to be the main character in the Coen Bros.' "The Hudsucker Proxy", but Hollywood big-wigs made them cast Tim Robbins as the lead.

Bubba Ho-Tep is a contemporary classic. I wish Criterion published an edition of it.

[quote name='Brak']With all of this Army of Darkness talk, I'm sad that he isn't used in film more often...

Bubba Ho-Tep is a contemporary classic. I wish Criterion published an edition of it.[/QUOTE]
That wasn't playing in my town so my friend and I made a small road trip specifically to see it. We drove a total of three hours to see an hour and a half movie. And boy was it worth it.

He's used in a lot of movies...just not as he should be. He's been in the Spiderman movies.

Use this for a sig!

army_of_darkness_1993_still01.jpg

[quote name='The VGM']Use this for a sig!

army_of_darkness_1993_still01.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Haha, nice. I was thinking more along the lines of when he and "bad" Ash have almost ended their fight, and "good" Ash has the shotgun pointed at his head. Right before the line from whence my username was Christened.

There's just no way that that pan can evenly distribute the heat needed to bake the cake evenly.

Like that pasta pot a few years ago. Garbage. That thing was too thin, it was like a tin can, sure you could drain the water away real fast and easy but you would have ended up with burnt pasta on the bottom of the pan.

Just about every As seen on TV food thing is garbage, except the Ronco Food Dehydrator, that thing is money.

[quote name='JimmieMac']There's just no way that that pan can evenly distribute the heat needed to bake the cake evenly.

Like that pasta pot a few years ago. Garbage. That thing was too thin, it was like a tin can, sure you could drain the water away real fast and easy but you would have ended up with burnt pasta on the bottom of the pan.

Just about every As seen on TV food thing is garbage, except the Ronco Food Dehydrator, that thing is money.[/QUOTE]
Haha, I don't think I can even count how many times I watched that freakin' infomercial as a kid. I was so enthralled with that damn contraption.

Jimmie, you should have opened like this to the freshmen girls you passed on the road. They wouldn't have told you to speed up then.

[quote name='kittie']Jimmie, you should have opened like this to the freshmen girls you passed on the road. They wouldn't have told you to speed up then.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

"Hey ladies, how's it going?"

"Ummm, ok."

"Just so you know, I wouldn't buy that 4 PC Betty Crocker Bake 'N Fill. No WAY that pan lets heat distribute evenly over the cake."

"Thanks?"

(shit, not working...Plan B) "So, you remember that Ronco Food Dehydrator they showed on infomercials 10 years ago? fucking awesome."

"Holy shit, it's like all of our collective pants dropped at once!"

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly how it would have gone down, Kittie. ;)

I didn't say it would have worked... I mean, look at Jimmie.

They just wouldn't have told him to speed up.

Sure, hindsight is always 20/20.

You can't always open the PPV with a ladder match and you can't aways have the cake pan/food dehydrator discussion on the cuff.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Haha, nice. I was thinking more along the lines of when he and "bad" Ash have almost ended their fight, and "good" Ash has the shotgun pointed at his head. Right before the line from whence my username was Christened.[/QUOTE]

If you want I'll get a pic or two of that tommorrow for you and you can make it sig size.

[quote name='JimmieMac']
Just about every As seen on TV food thing is garbage, except the Ronco Food Dehydrator, that thing is money.[/QUOTE]

I think I still have mine in the pantry somewhere. Mainly used it for beef jerky. If you get some deer meat and season it right... :drool:

[quote name='JimmieMac']why not just mix the two together so I don't have to see Rachel Ray and her bubble ass making chili cheese burgers in 30 minutes or less.[/QUOTE]

Sir, I bow to you. :bow:

I cannot stand Rachael Ray! Forget E.V.O.O.; the bitch is E.V.I.L. Taste the damn thing before you start drooling over it! You could give her maggot-infested horse turds and she'd rave about the "great" taste. That, and she thinks she's helping people save money on vacations with her $40 a day crap. She tips the waitstaff about 99 cents, gets drunk for her after-dinner treat, and then blows $500 on horseback riding or skydiving. But at least she only spent $35.42 on her daily meals. :roll:

That, and why must she bastardize great recipes? Why?! Sorry for the hatred and anger, but I absolutely loathe her. I can understand that if she's paid a ton of money, she can lie about certain foods and such... but at least be likable like some other chefs!

[quote name='JimmieMac']That Betty Crocker Cake pan thing where you can make a cake inside a cake and then fill it with ice cream or pudding or cat turds. Garbage. Absolute garbage.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If I need to make an ice-cream cake, I do it all from scratch. None of those pre-made cakepan thingies. I haven't had a complaint yet about anything I bake. In fact, it gets annoying because people bring me ingredients and then expect me to bake shit for them. I just feel like telling them, "Here's my recipe. Do the damn thing yourself. You can't fuck it up."

[quote name='The VGM']If you want I'll get a pic or two of that tommorrow for you and you can make it sig size.[/QUOTE]
If you want to, that's cool. However, I will be at a computer tomorrow where I can get it done. If things don't work out though, I'll probably PM you. :)

My 1,000th post should be something special.

But, I hate people who actually realize it's their 1,000th post when creating it.

So, I'm going to bed.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']I obviously agree.

Still trying to find the right picture for my Sig. Can't find one though. I think I'm going to have to just do a screenshot of my own, but I can't do it on this computer. It doesn't have a DVD player.[/QUOTE]

Work for you? or did you want-

[quote name='kittie']My 1,000th post should be something special.

But, I hate people who actually realize it's their 1,000th post when creating it.

So, I'm going to bed.[/QUOTE]

Good night, and congratulations on your 1,000th post. :)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I think I still have mine in the pantry somewhere. Mainly used it for beef jerky. If you get some deer meat and season it right... :drool:

Sir, I bow to you. :bow:

I cannot stand Rachael Ray! Forget E.V.O.O.; the bitch is E.V.I.L. Taste the damn thing before you start drooling over it! You could give her maggot-infested horse turds and she'd rave about the "great" taste. That, and she thinks she's helping people save money on vacations with her $40 a day crap. She tips the waitstaff about 99 cents, gets drunk for her after-dinner treat, and then blows $500 on horseback riding or skydiving. But at least she only spent $35.42 on her daily meals. :roll:

That, and why must she bastardize great recipes? Why?! Sorry for the hatred and anger, but I absolutely loathe her. I can understand that if she's paid a ton of money, she can lie about certain foods and such... but at least be likable like some other chefs!

I agree. If I need to make an ice-cream cake, I do it all from scratch. None of those pre-made cakepan thingies. I haven't had a complaint yet about anything I bake. In fact, it gets annoying because people bring me ingredients and then expect me to bake shit for them. I just feel like telling them, "Here's my recipe. Do the damn thing yourself. You can't fuck it up."[/QUOTE]

We'll discuss this all more at another time, for now, sleep.

[quote name='modium']

[/QUOTE]

Haha. I love that scene...

[quote name='modium']

[/QUOTE]
Ooo, very nice.

Hmmm, is there any shot with both of them with the gun to his face?

[quote name='kittie']Boo. 1,000 posts and now my custom title is fucked up.[/QUOTE]

Fix it. ;o

[quote name='kittie']Boo. 1,000 posts and now my custom title is fucked up.[/QUOTE]

Hey! I thought you were going to sleep... :lol:

Have you come up with a custom title for yourself, anyway?

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Ooo, very nice.

Hmmm, is there any shot with both of them with the gun to his face?[/QUOTE]Unfortunately not, I checked all over for you in that scene. It plays in close-ups just like that. It would look a whole lot cooler, and more identifiable, though.

[quote name='modium']Unfortunately not, I checked all over for you in that scene. It plays in close-ups just like that. It would look a whole lot cooler, and more identifiable, though.[/QUOTE]
Damn. I appreciate it, though. I wonder if I can put those two images together to make it look like it's one-ish shot.

Oh, it's not coming along so great, in case you were wondering. :D

EDIT: Ok, sigh, time for bed. Will worry about it tomorrow.

Ok, i need to start post whoring like the rest of you in my Ott so I can get a custom rank.

Let the random repetition begin now!

There's a couple of hours when you end up with two rank titles before the system figures out you're only supposed to have one rank. It's already fixed by now, so go make your custom rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back