Movie ads for dec.: costco

daria19

CAGiversary!
Just got the ad, but you still can get the first set of deals for a couple more days (some avail on costco.com, no item limits, selection may vary by location):

11/28-12/4:

$50 instant savings on star trek seasons 1-3 pack (3 seasons packed together), CSL seasons 1-5 collection (5 seasons packaged together)

$20 instant savings alien quadrilogy, the Rogers and Hammerstien collection gift set

$10 instant savings ultimate holiday classics (pack of 5 kids movies like Frosty the Snowman+music cd)

$6 instant savings the Chronicles of Narnia box set (Lion Witch&Wardrobe, Prince Caspian&the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Silver Chair)

$5 instant savings the Gourmet Cookbook (book, reg. $25)

$3 instant savings Holiday Treasures Assorted CD tins

12/5-12/11:

$25 instant savings fox assorted tv dvd bundles (simpsons, angel, shield, 24 boxes pictured)

$20 instant savings A&E DVD Mega sets (monty python, the romance collection, the world at war, the premiere collection)

$10 instant savings sony/mgm assorted dvd 4 pks (grand slam, comedy classics, thrills&chills, bronson, love tickles, stephen king, wolfgang peterson?)

$2 instant savings barefoot contessa cookbook assortment

$5 instant savings disney animated dvd assortmetn (bambi, mary poppins, incredibles, lilo&stitch, nemo)

$2 instant savings sound story book assortment (kiddie books: fantastic 4, madagascar, spiderman)

12/12-12/18:

$70 instant savings hooked on phonics, get ready to read, master reader, hooked on math

$20 instant savings ken burns PBS dvd sets (baseball, jazz, american lives)

$7 instant savings barbie 4pk dvd movie collection (barbie as the nutcracker, rapunzel, swan lake, princess and the pauper)

$40 instant savings Warner NFL Super Bowl collection: I-XXX dvd box set

$10 instant savings universal dvd collections (ben stiller, ron howard, campus comedy classics, steve martin)

$4 instant savings disney live action dvd assortment (parent trap, princess diaries, freaky friday, pirates of the carribean, santa clause 2)

12/19-12/24:

$20 instant savings Baby Einstein dvd assortment (9 packs)

$8 instant savings winsor pilates dvd program

$10 instant savings fox assorted dvd gift sets (die hard, home alone, marilyn monroe, bruce lee)

$10 instant savings topics instant immersion language labs (German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese)

$6 instant savings assorted dvd collections (Johnny Carson, Tony Orlando, Captain and Tennille, Rodney Dangerfield)

$5 instant savings topics maximum dvd assortment (nature states, military air power, xtreme moto XXX, aviation action, screamin' sportbikes, complete yoga&pilates, trains spectacular)

Now... what is Costco's price gonna be on "24 Season 4" in store on Tuesday. Inquiring minds (especially mine) want to know.... preferably NOW. :D

So Ken Burns Civil War is definitely not part of that week's sale?

Could simply be that they don't stock that one as I didn't see that particular one at my Costco, but I didn't really dig all over either.

[quote name='demomanTNA']Now... what is Costco's price gonna be on "24 Season 4" in store on Tuesday. Inquiring minds (especially mine) want to know.... preferably NOW. :D[/QUOTE]

Yea, I am interested in getting this as well. When I looked for six feet under season 4 under the same circumstances (i.e. season just coming out that week and an HBO dvd sale was ongoing), they didn't have any stock of the new season out during the sale. I'm guessing that if they did have the new season in stock and on the shelves, it will probably be packaged differently so as to ring up as full price. Who knows, costco might be feeling generous during the holidays and give us a deal?

[quote name='projecteightysix']So how much will the alien quadrilogy be?
i cant find a price for it on the site.[/QUOTE]

No prices are given in these ads, and I couldn't find it on their website either. Amazon wants around $60 for it, and they claim that the list price is around $80. So I'm guessing that it will be around $60 at costco before the discount.

[quote name='wubb']So Ken Burns Civil War is definitely not part of that week's sale?

Could simply be that they don't stock that one as I didn't see that particular one at my Costco, but I didn't really dig all over either.[/QUOTE]

Only the three (jazz, baseball, american lives) are shown and listed. It doesn't seem that the civil war one is on sale, but I would check online during the week of the sale since this is also an online item.

[quote name='daria19']No prices are given in these ads, and I couldn't find it on their website either. Amazon wants around $60 for it, and they claim that the list price is around $80. So I'm guessing that it will be around $60 at costco before the discount.[/QUOTE]

I don't have this ad but I was just at my costco on Sunday and they were selling the Alien set for $50. Wonder if the set might be $25 then.

Well, the deal with alien ended on dec. 4th.

They did not have any of the fox assorted tv dvd bundles here, and the season of 24 which came out today is regular price.

[quote name='daria19']They did not have any of the fox assorted tv dvd bundles here, and the season of 24 which came out today is regular price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation. :)

Thanks OP I picked up the Alien Quadrilogy for $30!!
They also had bundle of Simpsons season 1-5 $100

[quote name='coasterman']Thanks OP I picked up the Alien Quadrilogy for $30!!

Did you pick it up today?

Sign up said the deals will last through Dec. 24[/QUOTE]Are you positive it runs until the 24th? I need to grab the Quadrilogy at the price.

I can confirm it's still active I went and picked up a copy today myself. I didnt' see anything about the 24th but it's obviously still active.

Okay, I'm trusting you. I'll head out to Costco tomorrow.

If they do have it, I thank you and love you for saving me $20.
If they do not, expect several homocides in your hometown.

[quote name='daria19']Well, the deal with alien ended on dec. 4th.

They did not have any of the fox assorted tv dvd bundles here, and the season of 24 which came out today is regular price.[/QUOTE]

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb: GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!! *see below*

As soon as I had seen your post OP, that's exactly what went through my mind. 9 discs, 4 movies, Alien Quad set for $25-30 and you told me it wasn't active. I having just gone to Costco and not seeing any coupons or anything didn't think anything of it anymore. Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can only hope that they still have any tomorrow when I go.

[quote name='Drahken']I can confirm it's still active I went and picked up a copy today myself. I didnt' see anything about the 24th but it's obviously still active.[/QUOTE]

And this just confirms it even more since I know Drahken from his posts. But still, could coasterman maybe provide a pic or scan of his receipt?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb: GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!! *see below*

As soon as I had seen your post OP, that's exactly what went through my mind. 9 discs, 4 movies, Alien Quad set for $25-30 and you told me it wasn't active. I having just gone to Costco and not seeing any coupons or anything didn't think anything of it anymore. Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this just confirms it even more since I know Drahken from his posts. But still, could coasterman maybe provide a pic or scan of his receipt?[/QUOTE]

The coupon is autmatically applied at checkout, I have a scan of my receipt but no place to host it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb: GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!! *see below*

And this just confirms it even more since I know Drahken from his posts. But still, could coasterman maybe provide a pic or scan of his receipt?[/QUOTE]

Hey, calm down. If you actually get a copy of the original ad, the sale on the alien set was supposed to be only valid from nov. 28 through dec. 4. I don't have a scanner, so I unfortunately I can't post a copy of the ad for you, but the "people greeters" were giving them out the last time that I went. Apparently some of you guys are getting lucky and they want to get rid of some stock, so they are giving you the sale price well beyond when they advertised.

[quote name='Drahken']I can confirm it's still active I went and picked up a copy today myself. I didnt' see anything about the 24th but it's obviously still active.[/QUOTE]

I ****ing hate both of you dirty, filthy liars and will be in your hometowns to commit acts of vandalism and homocide. The Alien Quadrilogy is $49.99 and rang up as so. Thanks for wasting 45 minutes of my time. You filthy prostitutes.

[quote name='Drahken']The coupon is autmatically applied at checkout, I have a scan of my receipt but no place to host it.[/QUOTE]

imageshack.us
supload.com

both are great sites, and thanks in advance:D

[quote name='daria19']Hey, calm down. If you actually get a copy of the original ad, the sale on the alien set was supposed to be only valid from nov. 28 through dec. 4. I don't have a scanner, so I unfortunately I can't post a copy of the ad for you, but the "people greeters" were giving them out the last time that I went. Apparently some of you guys are getting lucky and they want to get rid of some stock, so they are giving you the sale price well beyond when they advertised.[/QUOTE]

It's fine. Just I wish I could have known that it was still going on. Oh, and now we're starting to get varying reports on the current circumstances on how the sale goes. I'll have to wait and see or at least wait for a scan of the receipt.

To all my CAGs out there jump on the Alien Quad set deal. It really is true. I can confirm the deal is on. No clue when it expires, but I think it might also be a bit YMMV since it seems this deal is just to reduce/clear stock in the movie which at the Costco I went to only had 6 of. Very good deal. And I must apologize to the OP since it seems that I pounced a bit on her.

The specs of the deal:

The deal is basically bring up an Aliens set and there is no need to bring in a coupon or ask for one as the coupon is taken off automatically at the register.

THE DEAL IS YMMV. Don't tell people it's on, when three posts above you I just said it was not going on at my Costco. It said $49.99 on the sticker, and rang up at $49.99 at the register.

[quote name='yellowjacket621']THE DEAL IS YMMV. Don't tell people it's on, when three posts above you I just said it was not going on at my Costco. It said $49.99 on the sticker, and rang up at $49.99 at the register.[/QUOTE]

It is YMMV to you. I wanna see some more people say that they were unable to get this deal before I call it YMMV. I did this deal twice myself and then my friend also bought one, and never once was there a problem with it. The cashiers simply scanned the movie pressed total and the coupon automatically worked.

Also, I have a receipt that I will try to scan/take a pic of later (like in the night). Not too mention I would never lead a CAG astray.

Okay, now I'm worried. Did it ring up at $49.99 before she pressed total? Because as soon as she scanned it and it said $49.99 I just told her I won't get it. If it rings up at $29.99 after pressing the total button, then a scan of the recipt would be great, and I'll try to go back to the store soon.

Thanks

I edited out personal details but here is my receipt. Also my copy of Alien Quadrilogy has a UPC sticker under the plastic over the original UPC that might have something to do with it scanning up as it is.

Yup, this is exactly how my Costco receipt reads. I just scanned it into my computer and was about to edit personal info. (member number, etc.) from my receipt when I stopped on CAG. Thanks Drahken. You just saved me some work.

To yellowjacket621, if you need another pic or receipt than I'll put it up later, but I think Drahken's scan and my confirmation should do the trick. :D

[quote name='Drahken']I edited out personal details but here is my receipt. Also my copy of Alien Quadrilogy has a UPC sticker under the plastic over the original UPC that might have something to do with it scanning up as it is.

[/QUOTE]

Okay, thank you. From the looks of it, it seems like the rebate is still active chain-wide. I'll go back sometime this week, and look for thr UPC sticker over the original.

Thanks!

[quote name='yellowjacket621']Okay, thank you. From the looks of it, it seems like the rebate is still active chain-wide. I'll go back sometime this week, and look for thr UPC sticker over the original.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

On mine there is no UPC symbol over the box. It's just the box and it's regular UPC/packaging. All I did was bring it up to the cashier, cashier scanned it, and the coupon worked instantly.

Anyone who likes Bruce Lee should definitely go buy the Bruce Lee Ultimate Collection at Costco NOW. It's reguarly priced $29.99, but is now $19.99 with that instant rebate. $20 for 5 movies remastered with both English & Chinese tracks and English subtitles is a hell of a deal.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Anyone who likes Bruce Lee should definitely go buy the Bruce Lee Ultimate Collection at Costco NOW. It's reguarly priced $29.99, but is now $19.99 with that instant rebate. $20 for 5 movies remastered with both English & Chinese tracks and English subtitles is a hell of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Hot damn, you're right that is an excellent deal. Till when does it go? Is it the same like the Alien set deal, i.e. till the 24th?

[quote name='yellowjacket621']When did you buy it?

Edit: And do you think it would be a good idea to print out the recipt scan to show them in case it doesn't work?[/QUOTE]

Bought it like last Saturday I believe.

[quote name='yellowjacket621']I ****ing hate both of you dirty, filthy liars and will be in your hometowns to commit acts of vandalism and homocide. The Alien Quadrilogy is $49.99 and rang up as so. Thanks for wasting 45 minutes of my time. You filthy prostitutes.[/QUOTE]

how about an apology!!!! Yellow?

Yes, I am very sorry. You are not prostitutes, you are fine women of an upstanding, specific field of work in which clothing is not required. I thank everyone in this thread who assisted in my savings of $20.

[quote name='yellowjacket621']Awesome, my mom picked one up today for $29.99 for me. Too bad there's a loose disc, I'll have to take it back tomorrow and exchange it.[/QUOTE]

Karma= another 45 mins. of mommy's time

[quote name='yellowjacket621']Awesome, my mom picked one up today for $29.99 for me. Too bad there's a loose disc, I'll have to take it back tomorrow and exchange it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, so this deal isn't YMMV and after reading your posts you didn't need to act rude and an asshole. Still, whatever.

[quote name='Fire']Hot damn, you're right that is an excellent deal. Till when does it go? Is it the same like the Alien set deal, i.e. till the 24th?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it runs until the 24th for the Bruce Lee set.

bread's done
Back