Movie Ads: Oct 2 - 8 (bb/target/cc) Cheap Box Sets at Target - Updated 9.29

The Successful Dropout

CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
A Little Bit of New (to me, anyway) Information Regarding Best Buy
As seen in their new ad, they'll soon start up the McDonald's Best Buy Bucks program again. You'll have a chance to win $1 Bucks, $3 Bucks and from what I understand, Reward Zone points. The bucks will be on 6oz Large Fries and Premium Chicken Sandwich Packages. Not available in Canada, Guam, Saipan or any Wal-Mart McDonald's. The program will end 10.31.

Also, their new ad states that you'll soon be allowed to use your Gift Cards and check it's balance online. This is new to me, I don't recall being allowed to do this yet. I did notice (a week or so ago) that you're aloud to enter your Reward Zone Member # in online purchases, which is pretty cool IMO. Hopefully, we're only one step away from being allowed to input Coupon Codes (such as the GGC) online as well, then I'll never have a reason to step foot inside another Best Buy ever again.

Best Buy

??.??
The Amityville Horror (buy this w/ the original for $20 together)
The Interpreter
Cinderella SE w/
iconfree.gif
LE Lithograph ($24.99 value)

$39.99
Cinderellla SE Gift Set w/
iconfree.gif
LE Lithograph ($24.99 value)
Into the West w/
iconfree.gif
iconbestbuy.gif
Exclusive Soundtrack

$24.99
Curse of the Hellmouth
2d collection includes 8 of the most terrfiying episodes in 7 years of Buffy
This is a
iconbestbuy.gif
Exclusive

$22.99
Bob Newhart Show s2

$19.99
Stewie Griffin TUS

iconpsp_r2.gif
$17.99 PSP
iconpsp_r2.gif

Amityville Horror

$16.99
House of D
Drawn Together s1 w/
iconfree.gif
Comedy Central Prime Cuts

$20
Amityville Horror (original) and Amityville Horror (remake)

$16.99
Heffalump Halloween Movie

$14.99
Man w/ the Screaming Brain w/
iconbestbuy.gif
Exclusive featurette.

$12.99
Warriors DC
Alien Apocalypse

2 for $20
T2
Hero
Anacondas
Punisher
Scary Movie 3.5
Alien vs Predator
I, Robot
Dodgeball
Top Gun
Sling Blade
Tomb Raider
Equilibrium
The Fly
The Fly 2
Gladiator (Cuba Gooding Jr)
7 Seconds
Bad Boys
Bad Boys 2
Gangs of NY
Jackie Brown
A Man Apart
Blade 2
Don't Be A Menace....Unrated
Assault on Precinct 13 (remake)
Scarface
King of NY
Cookout
The Color Purple
Tombstone
CatWoman

$9.99
Dave Chappelle FWiW
Amityville Horror (original) (buy this w/ the remake for $20 together)
The Fog
iconbestbuy.gif
Exclusive w/
iconfree.gif
on-pack ticket to see the remake.

icontarget.gif
Target
icontarget.gif

$??.??
Cinderella w/
iconfree.gif
icontarget.gif
Exclusive Slipper Necklace
The Interpreter
Amityville Horror

$32.99
Into the West w/
iconfree.gif
$5 GC

$18.88
Smallville s1
Lois & Clark s1
Gilmore Girls s1
Gilmore Girls s2
One Tree Hill s1
"Titles shown and selected others"
As if that wasn't enough for these $18.88 box sets, WB has a rebate form in each of their tv box sets in which you can get money back depending on how many sets you buy. Buy 2, Get $10....Buy 3, Get $20....Buy 4, Get $30....Buy 5, Get $40....Buy 6, Get $50. Caution: You may need to buy a newer box set in order to find the rebate form. I've personally found them inside of Nip/Tuck s2 & Smallville s4.

$17.99
Jiminy Glick in Lalawood

$16.99
House of D

iconcircuitcity.gif
Circuit City
iconcircuitcity.gif

$??.??
Amityville Horror
Cinderella w/
iconfree.gif
iconcircuitcity.gif
Exclusive Disney's Princess DVD Sampler
The Interpreter

$39.99
Cinderella Gift Set

$34.99
Into the West

$19.99
Robots

$16.99
Cream: Royal Albert Hall - London

$14.99
Sahara

$12.99
The Warriors

$11.99
Tupac: Live at the House of Blues

$7.49
Island in the Sky
Liar Liar
Natural Born Killers
Bruce Almighty
Pitch Black
From Dusk til Dawn
Italian Job
2 Fast 2 Furious
Forrest Gump
Kids
Faculty
Romancing the Stone
Ocean's 11
Amistad
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Fast Times @ Ridgemont High
Rundown
Love Actually
Honey

[quote name='elwood731']Does this happen to include the Batman and Superman animated series?

I'll pick up Smallville and Gilmore Girls 1&2 for that price.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, don't even tease me with an idea like that.

[quote name='Bervda']The word that you can't finish reading for the Buffy DVD in the Best Buy ad is "Hellmouth."[/QUOTE]

my h.s. girlfriend's nickname, btw....

just fyi

[quote name='Chris Dillon']how bout that copy of tombstone, is it the new version or the old one. If its new im hitting for sure.[/QUOTE]

I'd wager just about everything that it's not the SE, they sell it for about $22 I think so I highly doubt it'll be part of a 2 for $20 deal unless it's a misprint.

[quote name='Death2Sanity']While I thank you profusely for the ads, for the love of God it's 'allowed,' not 'aloud.' As in, you are allowed to talk aloud.[/QUOTE]

spellcheck this for me, "eat balls" :lol:

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Anybody know if that 2 for 20 Sling Blade is the DC version or the original?[/QUOTE]

it's the DC

on a side note, when did BB start selling guitars? they have a couple in the ads and i've never noticed it...that's new, right?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']it's the DC

on a side note, when did BB start selling guitars? they have a couple in the ads and i've never noticed it...that's new, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the guitars are fairly new. I know that CC and Conn's carry a few guitars and drum sets, too. Mostly starter stuff.

Whoa...is The Fly and The Fly II the collector's editions?

The listing is seperate, but the original release is a double feature, so...

Well, it could be the original films from the 30's or whatever.

Just got back from Target. These are the other box sets I saw that were $18.88 that I haven't seen listed:

Friends 1&2
Dukes of Hazard 1&2
Full House 1

Those are the only ones I remember seeing. Could test to see if any of the animated seasons were marked down, since my Target no longer has any of them.

Also Fresh Prince of Bel-Air season one, and first season of the Waltons.
No animated seasons that I could see, which is a shame.

My ex price matched Gilmore Girls Season 1 and 2 and One Tree Hill Season 1 to Circuit City... the cashier almost shit her pants because those 3 DVD's were $50 a piece, and the PM would bring the total down from $150 to $45, give or take with the 110%.

She started trying to make excuses as to why she couldn't do it, but she really had no choice, as the ad clearly lists the DVD's as being 18.88. Hell, they even called Target to verify, like I went and printed out a fake Target ad. Once they confirmed it, the cashier and the manager did an override, but they were both pretty pissed, for whatever reason.

I might go back and do it again to get copies of Gilmore Girls for myself (the early seasons are pretty decent TV, imo, I like the writing)... it sure beats driving all the way to Target (since CC is right down the street).

Anyone want to pick up West Wing S1 & S2 and ER S2 from Walmart or Target for a guy who's local stores dont h ave any in stock? PM ME!

Does anyone know if Everwood is part of this sale? My local Target doesn't have any left in stock at this point, so I have no real way of knowing.

I picked up Gilmore Girls S1 and 2...I was going to PM at CC or BB, but I was in a hurry and didn't feeel like driving anymore.

They had just about everything in stock, but the Waltons.

Wonder Woman S1/S2 were part of the sale also....not sure what was mentioned yet.

List from what I saw...

ER Season 1
Nip/Tuck Season 1
Everyone Hates Raymond season 1&2
Full House Season 1
Gilligans Island 1&2
Dukes 1&2
Gilmore Girls 1&2
One Tree Hill 1
Fresh Prince 1
Wonder Woman 1&2
Waltons 1
West Wing 1&2
Friends 1&2

That's off the top of my head and the last few posts

So, I have to ask, anyone have any luck getting just one title for $10 in these BB 2-for-20 sales? I'd love the Fly, but don't really want anything else. If not, I guess I'll reluctantly pick up Hero, which is good, but too bare-bones for $10.

Either way, many thanks again TSD. :bow:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']List from what I saw...

ER Season 1
Nip/Tuck Season 1
Everyone Hates Raymond season 1&2
Full House Season 1
Gilligans Island 1&2
Dukes 1&2
Gilmore Girls 1&2
One Tree Hill 1
Fresh Prince 1
Wonder Woman 1&2
Waltons 1
West Wing 1&2
Friends 1&2

That's off the top of my head and the last few posts[/QUOTE]

I was disappointed in the Boxset list until a few posts ago when I saw that Fresh Prince was a part of the sale. Thanks for the confirmation. I'll probably pick up Pitch Black at CC for $7.50 as well. Thanks TSD.

[quote name='modium']So, I have to ask, anyone have any luck getting just one title for $10 in these BB 2-for-20 sales? I'd love the Fly, but don't really want anything else. If not, I guess I'll reluctantly pick up Hero, which is good, but too bare-bones for $10.

Either way, many thanks again TSD. :bow:[/QUOTE]

Just return one of the titles after you buy it.

Mine had a bunch of the posted above, along with Smallville Season 1 and the unadvertised Season 2 also on sale. I quickly picked up the last copy of each.

Hmmm

Ill probally get 5 out of the following:

Lois And Clark S1
Everyone Loves Raymond S1 and S2
Wonderwoman S1 and S2
Fresh Prince S1
Friends S1 and S2

I already picked up smallville s1.

Wish the other smallville seasons and kung fu season were part of the deal.

Also wish they would of had more than just teh 5 they did in th ad. Could of had Meijer pricematch and use my team member discount.

oh well.

I hope my local target has some of those left. Of course I have 2 targets by me I can check.

:)

So, there's no confirmation of whether this works on animateds such as Batman Vol. 1 or Super Friends Vol. 1?

The BestBuy clerk at Customer Service couldn't believe the price difference from when I purchased the two Superman sets last week. She asked me from when the ad was. I thought to myself, "If I said it was from the distant future when the prices plummit, would you believe me?" After calling Target to confirm, she gave me my refund+10%. I went to Target afterward for a different shopping trip and saw they were mostly out of the $18.88 sets. I wish The OC were included in the deal.

Do the customer service people have "numbers" like other retailers, where taking in too many returns is bad? I kinda felt bad after how helpful and chatty she was when dealing with my online pickup, then seeing her disbelief and near unwillingness to do the pricematch.

Hit Target this morning and picked up Smallville s1 & s2, ER s2, lois & Clark s1 and Dukes of Hazzard s1 & s2.

Still would like to get Wonder Woman s1 & s2 and maybe Gilligan's Island s1 & s2.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Wait. Smallville Season 2 is part of this deal too?

I only thought Season 1 was.

I'll have to pick that up. Hope they have it.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this, too. Has Smallville S2 definitely been confirmed to be part of this sale? It's not a YMMV type of thing on S2, is it? (I would assume not, but I'd like to make sure before I go this morning) Also, will CC pricematch for S2 if it's not one of the ones shown in the ad?

I just got back from the Target in Millbury MA, and they didn't have Smallville S2 out on the floor, and when I asked the guy in the DVD department, he seemed baffled by my question about whether S2 was part of the sale. I kept asking if he could do a price check, or check the back to see if they had any sets back there, and he kept talking about how he put the sales stickers out this morning and hadn't seen anything for Smallville S2. Then he would point out to me that Smallville S4 was there (at the regular price)

I finally went to Customer Service and a very nice girl named Emily got a different employee on her phone to confirm that it WAS part of the sale, and they DID have some S2 sets in the back. He brought a few to the CS desk, she rang me up, and I was all set. So to make a short story long, Smallville Season 2 is part of the sale, so if you're looking for it and it's not on the floor, get a competent employee to look in the back, or get a raincheck.

By the way, I'm not sure if people are having trouble finding any of the other sets, but in Millbury MA they seemed to have several copies of all the sets listed from the sale.

Yah I just got back from Target. Picked up:

Smallville Seasonm 2(last one they had left) :)
Adventures Of Lois And Clark Season 1
WonderWoman Season 1
WonderWoman Season 2
Fresh Prince Of BelAir Season 1

And I got SmallVille Season 1 last week at Walmart for $20

So I spent $121.25 with tax on all this

and get $50 back from that mail in offer.

Woot!! thats like $70 for 6 box sets! :D

Thanks for the heads up Daminal, as I was curious on "Smallville" Season 2. I'll have to go and get in on this sale, but pray I can find a competent Target employee after what happened to me a month ago just in case I need to ask about anything. ;)

I got both Smallville and Nip/tuck and they were the last ones too. The only problem I have with those is that none of them came with the rebate form. Does anyone know if you can use the one provided by flizmo007 above?
Also according to the lady in the media dept. 25 boxsets are part of the sale. The ones that hasn't been mentioned yet are ER season 2 and Without a trace S1.

Without a Trace Season 1 and Nip/Tuck Season 1 also are part

Complete List AFAIK

Smallville Season 1 and 2
West Wing Season 1 and 2
Gilmore Girls Season 1 and 2
Full House Season 1
ER Season 1 and 2
Friends Season 1 and 2
Dukes Season 1 and 2
Nip/Tuck Season 1
Fresh Prince Season 1
Everybody Loves Raymond Season 1 and 2
Without a Trace Season 1
Wonder Woman Season 1 and 2
Lois & Clark Season 1
Gilligan's Island Season 1 and 2
One Tree Hill Season 1
Waltons Season 1

Not a bad sale, any more?

Went to my local Target this afternoon and picked up the last copy of Gilmore Girls season 1 and a copy of Gilmore Girls season 2. They had Smallville season 1 but I decided to pass, might go back and pick it up tomorrow again if it's still there.

Also, my Target also had a small sign saying that Smallville season 2 was part of the sale but there was none on the shelves. Guess they already sold out.

First thing after class today I picked up Smallville Season 1 and 2. Then I thought about it some more and went to another Target and decided to pick up Nip Tuck. I almost went on a spree and bought ELR Season 1 and 2 and ER season 1 and 2 because with my employee discount they're only $16.99 each and then the rebate brings them down to $6.99 (considering each extra set I would have bought would have added another $10 to the total rebate).

I'm glad I changed my mind though because when I got home I read the rebate form someone posted and I'm excluded because I'm a family member of one of their retailers. If only I hadn't used my employee discount to get the sets they never would have known better. I suppose I'll try to mail in the forms but Target's receipts make it very clear that its an employee discount. Normally it wouldn't matter but I have a feeling WB is going to be looking for any possible reason to not have to honor people's rebates and mine would be very easy to turn down.

I picked up the following with a pricematch at Best Buy:

Gilmore Girls Season 1 $15.97
Gilmore Girls Season 2 $15.87
Gilligan's Island Season 1 $17.37
Gilligan's Island Season 2 $17.37
Friends Season 2 $17.57
Wonder Woman Season 2 $17.37
West Wing Season 1 $15.77
West Wing Season 2 $15.97
ER Season 1 $17.37
ER Season 2 $16.67

and for Christmas presents:

Smallville Season 1 $15.27
Smallville Season 2 $15.97

Grand Total: $198.54 + tax.

Sadly I already purchased Wonder Woman Season 1, Lois & Clark Season 1, Dukes of Hazzard Season 1 & 2 (at Wal-Mart), and all four seasons of Smallville.

Thanks OP!

Not enought time to read through the thread and see if anyone else posted this (at work) but I was at Wal-Mart last night and they had

$16.68
Season 1 Smallville
Season 2 SmallVille
Season 1 West Wing
Season 2 West Wing
and I think Season 1 of Lois and Clark as well as others

Seems that just about every WB season 1 and some season 2's are down to a max of 18.88 this week...so can anyone tell me if everwood is on sale...because if so I need to pick that up for the girl.

Thanks
Mike

bread's done
Back