Movie Converter

grm4009

CAG Veteran
I am new to the PSP so I would love some help. I have some .avi movies that I want to put on my PSP. I am pretty sure I need to convert the files to mp4 format, but I am not sure. Can someone clarify this for me and maybe point me in the direction in a great converter. Thanks!

The program you are looking for is pspvideo9. The official SONY program works quite well but I don't think it's worth $20. The straight up media manager is available for free, but it's a Japanese language install. English text in the program.

Yeah, Pspvideo9 is great, don't think it works to well with WMV vids though but for everything else it's perfect for converting.

I will agree with everyone and say that PSP video 9 is a great program for converting your vids. I just wish it worked better with youtube videos (.flv files)

Anyone have concerns with PSPVideo9 being spyware? The thing is chock full of ads and baners- understandable for the free asking price but is it also doing more devious things in the background?

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']Anyone have concerns with PSPVideo9 being spyware? The thing is chock full of ads and baners- understandable for the free asking price but is it also doing more devious things in the background?

Ruahrc[/quote]

That's what I really hate about the new version. The one ad I cannot stand the most (and I don't know if it's still around) is the retarded "CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'VE JUST WON A FREE IPOD NANO!" audio ad. I hate the gay audio shit, pisses me the hell off. I don't mind the other ads as much but come on. Other than that it's a pretty good program but I hope the next version doesn't contain stupid stuff like that.

I use the free app Xvid2PSP, which works very well, except that I can't get it to convert DVDs to MP4 even though it's supposed to.

[quote name='robobagins']I use the 3GP Converter. Interface is much simpler for me to use and I like the drag, drop and forget nature.[/quote]Agree. It works very well.

[quote name='robobagins']I use the 3GP Converter. Interface is much simpler for me to use and I like the drag, drop and forget nature.[/QUOTE]

Does it do DVD conversions (or can I give it VOBs)? How is the quality compared to say PSPVideo9 (or at least are there as many encoding options?)

Ruahrc

I know you're using a PC but in case a Mac user happens upon this thread, I highly recommend VisualHub to convert pretty much anything to pretty much anything. It's not free, but it's worth the money.

[quote name='torifile']I know you're using a PC but in case a Mac user happens upon this thread, I highly recommend VisualHub to convert pretty much anything to pretty much anything. It's not free, but it's worth the money.[/QUOTE]

VisualHub? Is there a link or a site with reviews? I've got a Mac and a TON of .AVI files.

[quote name='purduealum91']would we need to use handbrake first to rip a DVD first?[/QUOTE]
If you have the DVDs, you can use Handbrake to rip directly into PS3 format. If you have .avi files, you need to use something like VisualHub. That's what I do - DVD on hand: Handbrake, other video formats: VisualHub.

bread's done
Back