Movie Money Thread

rbenns2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
If there's another of these, it's buried deep. There's quite a few movies coming out this year, and Movie Money is the best way to see them. It would be nice to put all the offers in one place.

any movie cash upcomming for hunger games and/or night at the musuem 3 ? those are the last 2 movies that i plan on seeing in theaters this year

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate Fandango. With their added fees you don't save much.
Is it even possible to save money on Fandango at all? I mean how much movie money are we talking? Even without their fees, half the time the ticket prices I've gotten from them are up to 50% more than they would be at the theater itself.

Prime example..... I went on to pre-order a ticket for the DBZ movie (thank god I did..... fucker sold out before I got there an hour early!!!) and the prices were $8.50 a ticket, whereas they were $6.50 a ticket in the theater itself.

While on the site I pulled up a couple other movies for theaters closer to me. Guardians of the Galaxy is $10 at the gate at my local theater, Fandango had tickets at $15 (yes, this is before their "convienence fees" are snuck in). This seemed to be the case for every other movie I looked at, the DBZ movie was the only oddity for some reason.

I really can't comprehend why anybody uses this site or how they can operate like this. I mean, unless another situation like the DBZ movie arises, where there's literally one weekend showing in the entire state and I know I have to pre-order to see it, I can't imagine ever using their site. And after their nonsense fees, I'd need like $10 credit to end up paying the same I'd pay at the gate the day of the movie.

Is this the case everywhere or is my local theater getting the shaft for some reason?

Last edited:
The prices are the same for me, just with additional fees near the end.

Most Fandango cash nowadays is $8.
Yeah I noticed they were really sneaky with those fees, not showing them until right before checkout. But before the fees, they were still showing movie tickets at $15 when I know they are $10 at the gate. Not sure why Dragonball Z was cheaper, but it was cheaper at the gate too.

Anyways, $8 is absolutely not worth my trouble. Looking at these prices and these fees they tack on at the end, I guess I would be saving $1. Not worth the effort, but thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed they were really sneaky with those fees, not showing them until right before checkout. But before the fees, they were still showing movie tickets at $15 when I know they are $10 at the gate. Not sure why Dragonball Z was cheaper, but it was cheaper at the gate too.

Anyways, $8 is absolutely not worth my trouble. Looking at these prices and these fees they tack on at the end, I guess I would be saving $1. Not worth the effort, but thanks for the info.
I had a similar issue with them overcharging compared to the theater, emailed them about it and it seems they have fixed it. As for the convenience fees I am an AMC stubs member which does away with them for the one movie theater I go to. If I decide to go to harkins instead I just pay at the box office instead since it comes out cheaper.

The ticket prices are always the same for me before the fees.  I wish prices here were only 6.50. 

When Catching Fire came out on Blu Ray, I bought the steelbook version and paid another $5 for the steelbook version of The Hunger Games at best buy.  Both of those came with "free tickets" for Divergent but they were Fandango codes but I decided to use them and see the movie with my wife.  IIRC it was ony $8 off.

I would never use Fandango unless I have a promo ticket to redeem through them.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back