Movie Studios piss off Theater Owners with $30 OD, Owners fight back!

At $30, it's easily worth waiting to get the movie on-disc permanently on BluRay, since that's easily higher than most release prices for movies. And I get to keep it when I'm done watching it. Heck, even the 3D combo pack releases are usually $30 on release, so that makes it even more worthwhile to wait until it comes out, if I'm paying those prices for the movie.

[quote name='MorPhiend']
So do you read any part of a post before commenting? The post you quoted specifically pointed out that they are thinking about doing this for movies that have are not performing well and are still in theaters. So it's not happening for new releases. It's like the studio's chance to make a last buck before the films drop to the dollar theater or to home release.[/QUOTE]

There was never an exact time frame mentioned for when a movie would be available to rent. This means a movie that they think is performing bad opening weekend could end up on their service right away...that hurts the theater. All movies stay at least a week in the theater.

[quote name='ITDEFX']92%!??!! holy shit...that leave only 8 percent to pay your staff and keep the lights/ac going?!?!?

How the hell do movie theaters stay in business?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Popcorn. Popcorn. Popcorn. I think it's 8 cents on our end for each bag of popcorn.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']VHS has better image quality than a standard theater.
[/QUOTE]

LOL. Uh yea.

bread's done
Back