Moviefone FREE Movie Tickets Summer Giveaway Extravaganza!

[quote name='boagman']I got that, and thought it was funny, too. The correct answer, of course, is Hairdresser, but the quiz will tell you that all four answers are wrong.

Hey, Brainiacs: it's *only* the movie that got her the Oscar, and you're *only* Moviephone.

Morons. ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Any one get to this question yet?

Mona Lisa Vito, played by Marisa Tomei in the movie My Cousin Vinny, is an out of work what?
Waitress
Hairdresser
Secretary
Singer

Its telling me that there is no correct answer. Not that it matters but I thought it was funny.[/QUOTE]

Yup, happened to me as well. Thought I was going nuts or something or my browser was glitching good to know I'm not the only one this is happening to.

Success!!! I am a WINNER!! I got my first free ticket this year!! It practically covers an entire Imax showing. Hmm...I might just have to go see Super 8 or something in Imax now and pay the $2 difference (at some theatres....others they raised the fucking price of Imax to $17.50 - nearly $20 to see a fucking movie. Might as well buy the Blu-Ray/DVD at that price). That or just go in the evening for whatever I want!

Thanks again OP! You the man!

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Success!!! I am a WINNER!! I got my first free ticket this year!! It practically covers an entire Imax showing. Hmm...I might just have to go see Super 8 or something in Imax now and pay the $2 difference (at some theatres....others they raised the fucking price of Imax to $17.50 - nearly $20 to see a fucking movie. Might as well buy the Blu-Ray/DVD at that price). That or just go in the evening for whatever I want!

Thanks again OP! You the man![/QUOTE]

Congrats! I still have not won any yet!

I just won one ticket. Oddly, I didn't know it until I received an email from them saying I'd won, which is strange...I thought they'd tell me instantly on my screen. Either way, though, I'm happy.

Thank you, OP!

When I try to enter my e-mail address, it's telling me to enter 3 friend's addresses to invite them to try the contest. When I click no thanks, I'm just taken to the home page and when I try the contest again, it tells me I've already entered. Is anyone else getting this?

[quote name='realkilla789']When I try to enter my e-mail address, it's telling me to enter 3 friend's addresses to invite them to try the contest. When I click no thanks, I'm just taken to the home page and when I try the contest again, it tells me I've already entered. Is anyone else getting this?[/QUOTE]

Just happened to me right now. wtf?

[quote name='realkilla789']It's very frustrating. I haven't been able to try for several days now.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried using a different browser? What browser are you using?

I put in my email address and it told me I didn't win. It's weird because every day before I had multiple choice questions to answer and now it just told me I didn't win without any of that. Normal?

[quote name='sangredekrazy']Have you tried using a different browser? What browser are you using?[/QUOTE]
Firefox. Going ot try explorer.
[Edit]
I tried it on internet explorer and I had a similar experience to a user above; it just went to saying I wasn't a winner, no questions.

[quote name='nypickle']I put in my email address and it told me I didn't win. It's weird because every day before I had multiple choice questions to answer and now it just told me I didn't win without any of that. Normal?[/QUOTE]

It did that to me when I actually won. I put in my email and it just popped up and said I won and I didn't even take the quiz.

[quote name='kyrhon']Still no win. ):

Do you guys know if getting an answer wrong on first try matters or not??[/QUOTE]

"Test your knowledge for fun. Right or wrong you can be chosen as a random winner."

[quote name='FaintDeftone']It did that to me when I actually won. I put in my email and it just popped up and said I won and I didn't even take the quiz.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I just won and it didn't give me the questions. Maybe after you go through all the questions they stop asking them? I wouldn't know if I got the same question twice since I was just clicking radio buttons without reading them...

[quote name='Blaster man']Same here, I just won and it didn't give me the questions. Maybe after you go through all the questions they stop asking them? I wouldn't know if I got the same question twice since I was just clicking radio buttons without reading them...[/QUOTE]

I always get a new set of questions. Maybe try clearing your cookies first...?

I looked over these pages and never really saw a concrete mention of this but do these winning tickets/codes, that are valued up to $12, allow you to buy a more expensive ticket? Let's say some 3D movie is $15...can I use my $12 winning code and pay the $3 difference to get the 3D ticket? Just trying to figure out if I can see Transformers in 3D or not. Thanks.

edit: nvm I opened the pdf and it said it covers up to $12 and the customer can pay any balance remaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nypickle']I looked over these pages and never really saw a concrete mention of this but do these winning tickets/codes, that are valued up to $12, allow you to buy a more expensive ticket? Let's say some 3D movie is $15...can I use my $12 winning code and pay the $3 difference to get the 3D ticket? Just trying to figure out if I can see Transformers in 3D or not. Thanks.

edit: nvm I opened the pdf and it said it covers up to $12 and the customer can pay any balance remaining.[/QUOTE]

3D tickets are $15 where you live? Man, I thought $9 was a rip-off.

EDIT: Just noticed your location, enough said.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']It has been a month and I still haven't won anything. I hope i get something soon.[/QUOTE]

Have you entered the other movie ticket contests daily? If not, google for captain america contest, cowboys and aliens contest, and green lantern contest. Slickdeals has posts for each of them and you should be able to find reusable codes there for the contests that require codes. At the very least, this should give you more chances to win something.

I finally won this morning. It has been acting up on me laately like others have mentioned. This morning it actually said that I had already played once today but I got a confirmation email that I had won.

[quote name='spedmunki']I wonder what the odds are[/QUOTE]

I think that they said they are giving away 1000 tickets per week so just depends on how many people play I would guess.

No win for me today. Still only at 1 win.

bread's done
Back