MP3 player suggestions

Jasonofindy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm looking to replace my 5 year old Creative Nomad Muvo2
http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/4-gb-nomad-muvo/4505-6490_7-30708279.html with a player with a better user interface and more capacity.

Here are some things that I am and am not looking for:

1. WMA support- This is non-negotiable. I don't love the format, but I ripped my entire 400 cd collection in 1999 or 2000 in wma because it had a better sound to file size ratio at the time and GBs of hard drive space were quite expensive then. Everything since 2002 has been ripped in MP3, and I'm gradually reripping the other stuff but I DON'T want to have to rerip everything to use the new player.

2. I don't need or care about displaying video content, playing games, surfing the web, taking pictures or any of the other things that many new multifunctional devices can do. It just needs to play music. Having some of the other stuff is fine but not in any way required and a lower price is preferred to these features.

3. I'd like a decent interface that makes it easy to navigate and browse music folders. My Nomad kind of sucked in that department.

4. I'd like a bookmark function as I listen to lots of podcasts.

5. I want capacity- at least 20 GBs- 40+Gbs preferred. (This is the main reason for the upgrade in the first place.)

6. No software install necessary. I prefer a player that I can just drag and drop my music on to. I don't need it to sync. I really DON'T want to install bloated crap like iTunes or the Zune software on my PC.

7. I don't download anything from music stores so the ability to play DRM'd music is unimportant. I still buy all my music on physical media. (except Rock Band songs)

Honestly, something like my wife's Creative Zen would be great for me if it were 40 GBs instead of 4 GBs.

Any suggestions?

bread's done
Back