MP3 players, really cheap, help me decide

sarausagi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've recently seen a lot of cheap MP3 players at Target, most of them 512 and 1-2 GB models but two really stood out, Creative Zen Touch 20 GB and Creative Zen Sleek Photo 20GB, both right under $100

Now, I was pretty surprised because this week's target ad had an 8GB micro Zen for $160 something...and Circuit City has these mp3 players for $189

Anyways, my main point is, what I have right now is a very lavish minidisc set up I'm not giving up and a really cheap no screen mp3 player that uses SD cards...while for being at school and out on the town I am very happy with my minidisc player, the mp3 player is a little more convenient for long long busrides and being in other cities and countries...so...

Which of these players is worth my $100? I'm pretty sure if I go tomorrow morning I can get one of them as I was there right before store closing...

Creative Zen Sleek Photo 20 GB

or Creative Zen Touch 20gb

I honestly can't decide, which is the better unit? I realize the Sleek has a color screen, is lighter, smaller, and can display photos and has more organizer features..so it seems a no brainer

But I'm not really an expert on mp3 players so which one is really worth buying..they're on clearance but $100 is still $100.

[quote name='Moxio']Holy shit! I didn't know they sold 20GB's that cheap![/QUOTE]

Well, they are on clearance, the target thread has reported some of them at %$63 and while I haven't found that, I have found them on clearance

This is kind of an urgent thread because they only had one of each and it was right before closing and I will probably go tomorrow morning and buy one based on what CAG thinks

the 30 gig version of each is 300 on target's website. you found probably either a clearance or pricing error. nice find!

Go with the Sleek, it's basically the updated version of the Touch meant to compete with the 4G Ipods when they were out.

[quote name='jmon22']Go with the Sleek, it's basically the updated version of the Touch meant to compete with the 4G Ipods when they were out.[/QUOTE]

so one opinion that sleek is the best way to go..

okay, hopefully there will be more responses...

for some reason amazon prices the touch higher than the sleek..confusing

Also having handled both, I can say I prefer the scroll pad on the sleek MUCH better than the one on the touch.

Go with the sleek photo, despite what you already mentioned about the screens and size, but the sleek photo also has an FM tuner and a voice recorder. Add those to the mix, plus being newer you won't have to update the firmware or anything to worry about to syncing up with WMP 10 as much. Better size, screen, slightly easier navigation, more features, almost equal battery life... I'd go with the sleek photo.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Go with the sleek photo, despite what you already mentioned about the screens and size, but the sleek photo also has an FM tuner and a voice recorder. Add those to the mix, plus being newer you won't have to update the firmware or anything to worry about to syncing up with WMP 10 as much. Better size, screen, slightly easier navigation, more features, almost equal battery life... I'd go with the sleek photo.[/QUOTE]

So you've pretty much convinced me to get the SLEEK, so now, one question

Does anyone -here- think I should get the TOUCH instead of the SLEEK?

touch has longer battery (24?)
sleek's battery is 19 hours, and it has photo support, fm radio, and digital recorder.
users found problems with touch interface

I own the Sleek Photo and I'm very happy with it, although it was like $180 when I got it.
Take advantage of that deal, you lucky bastard.

Holy Crap that's a great deal. Even though I have an Ipod, that's an awesome deal for a player. I'm going tomorrow so if I see one I'm grabbing it.

bread's done
Back