MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

Got a 80gb MGS4 Bundle, 4000 MS points, and a Jawbone 2 headset.

Wish I wasn't limited to only 3 transactions. :)

Deal of the year.

ok, i got the cashback account to work, but it doesnt show anything?

so is Ebay going to tell MS that they need to send me a cashback?

theres no where to submit anything.

I now know why MS is doing this (though I don't see why they would allow 3 times the use of 35%). I am totally going to be buying crap from eBay through this Cashback rewards program.

[quote name='lovemetal626']ok, i got the cashback account to work, but it doesnt show anything?

theres no where to submit anything.[/quote]

You should eventually receive a message to your Ebay account that says you earned cash back, with a link to 'claim' it. Clicking this will take you to the Microsoft Cash Back site where you can log in to your existing account, or create one.

This deal is definitely the nicest I've seen in a while. I wish I didn't already own all three consoles, because I'd totally be buying one with this. Ended up getting some golf clubs instead. Nice thing is, they were already nearly $100 under retail, so that made the deal even sweeter :) One use of the promo left... not sure what else to get.

[quote name='lovemetal626']ok, i got the cashback account to work, but it doesnt show anything?

theres no where to submit anything.[/quote]

Look in "My Messages" on your ebay account.

theres no where to submit anything.[/QUOTE]You might not get anything in your cashback account for a day or two. The Live FAQ says to contact them if you don't see anything after 7 days. I believe all that is needed to connect the accounts is the correct Paypal information in the Live account.

It will take a while before the credit shows up. I ordered a PS3 yesterday afternoon and a couple of hours ago, the credit showed up on my live.com account.

And remember to fill in your PayPal e-mail on the live.com account page.

[quote name='Tomeeboy']You should eventually receive a message to your Ebay account that says you earned cash back, with a link to 'claim' it. Clicking this will take you to the Microsoft Cash Back site where you can log in to your existing account, or create one.

This deal is definitely the nicest I've seen in a while. I wish I didn't already own all three consoles, because I'd totally be buying one with this. Ended up getting some golf clubs instead. Nice thing is, they were already nearly $100 under retail, so that made the deal even sweeter :) One use of the promo left... not sure what else to get.[/QUOTE]

Hah! When you run out of electronics toys to buy, there's always golf clubs to suck your wallet dry. What'd you get? I ended up getting a new Nike 4 hybrid.

If this doesn't help people, I am not sure anything will.
untitled-4.jpg

[quote name='jacknicklson']If this doesn't help people, I am not sure anything will.
untitled-4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

hahahaha.... love the microsoft paint scribble

No sponsored ads were showing up when I typed from cashback page. But clicking back to the main live search gets it. Thanks for the pic reference.

Hmm... Ratchet & Clank for the PS3 didn't show up yet under eBay Messages... I'm starting to think I paid more than retail for that... doh!

Oh well... a friend who's been BEGGING me to get Rock Band so I can play with him might just get his wish if I still have one use left. :) Christmas came nice and early this year!! :) :) :)

[quote name='guyjr']Oh well... a friend who's been BEGGING me to get Rock Band so I can play with him might just get his wish if I still have one use left. :) Christmas came nice and early this year!! :) :) :)[/QUOTE]Oooh, I was thinking of doing a Rock Band purchase too. I don't know if I can handle this many large purchases on eBay at once, makes me too anxious :p

Just bought Panzer Dragoon Saga. I've been holding off on it for a long time. I refused to pay any more than $150.00 for it. This totally just got me the game for $140.00, which is still a lot, but not bad.

[quote name='jacknicklson']If this doesn't help people, I am not sure anything will.
untitled-4.jpg
[/quote]

Your search does work and does get 35%, but similiar searches for a range of items including PS3, 360, Etc only get 10% discounts. Which leads me to wonder if they are reducing the discount for popular items.

untitled-4.jpg
[/quote]
Great post! Hopefully that will stop all the repeated questions. :lol:

Really wish there was a big ticket item I want... already own all the consoles/handhelds, a nice laptop, and such... and have no interest in i-phones/pods/desktops/etc.

untitled-4.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Nice but you really think people will look? People are so lazy and nag too much that they demand answers and everything to be spoon fed to them on a platinum spoon.
[quote name='jacknicklson']Once you get linked to eBay, the 35% stays as has been posted 100 times. Just conduct your search on eBay after you get locked into 35%[/QUOTE]
It ONLY stays for 60 mins. Once that 60 mins is up, it is gone and you have to re-add it
[quote name='KSHLove']when is this offer good until?

there are a few items i'd really like to buy but i'm awaiting for the deposits in my paypal account[/QUOTE]
No one knows when this is good until. It could be like Google where when it first started, it was a temporary thing but they extended it and runs even today. Or it can end anytime.

But if this is Microsofts way of competing with Google's Checkout, I have a feeling this will stay for a while. Of course, depending on the amount of revenue this brings in to MS.

I was about to buy a PS3 to resell on there to subsidize the costs of buying Panzer Dragoon Saga, but it would seem all you people already bought the reasonably priced consoles.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Ah forgot about the 60 minutes, thanks for the correction. And the OP severely needs to be updated[/QUOTE]Yeah, we need a wiki post really bad.

I'm not sure how much it will help tho. It seems like SD and FW still get a lot of the same questions over and over again even tho they have the wiki post.

I think they're really cracking down on the ads. All the tech items I can think of don't work in the search anymore.

Just out of curiosity, what are people doing to get around the three item limit? New ebay accounts AND new paypal accounts?

There's a pile of cheaper stuff I'm interested in, but it's going to use up my three item limit quickly...

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Just out of curiosity, what are people doing to get around the three item limit? New ebay accounts AND new paypal accounts?

There's a pile of cheaper stuff I'm interested in, but it's going to use up my three item limit quickly...[/QUOTE]
Than use your 3 limit on expensive stuff. You're not saving much on using it on cheaper items.

How long does it take for the "you've got cash back" message to appear in your ebay inbox? I just put my order through about 10 minutes ago and haven't received a message yet. Should I start to worry or give it a while?

Edit: Nevermind it just came through. Well as long as the cash comes back i'll have happily bought a mgs4 ps3 for just over $400. Big thanks to the OP on this one

Just an FYI, the search "cheap ps2" just started giving me the 10% off link.

EDIT: "cheap pc" is giving 35% off

Well, I've made 2 purchases so far and am waiting for the pending cash back. Couldn't find anything big I need atm hence the small purchases.

1. Planet Earth (Blu-Ray) for $43.31 after $20.63 savings
Even though the DeepDiscount one is coming thru the mail ($53.48), I will not pick it up from USPS so that I can be a true cheapass and save $10.

2. 2 2000 Wii Points Card for $20.79 after $11.19 savings
A 2-for-1 deal? You can't beat that, especially when WiiWare is beginning to bloom.

Uh-oh.. I purchased an item through ebay, got my cash back message, used the 'Get Cash Back' link in the message, opened an account with my Live account, but I'm seeing a $0.00 pending cash back balance. Did.. Something go wrong, or does it take a little bit to actually register?

And if something did go wrong, crap, who do I talk to to get it working again?

[Edit]Okay, okay. False alarm. Should've read the thread. Takes a day or two for the pending to show up. Gotcha. Maybe I'll take a little more of a plunge and order something else that I need - a WRT54GL sounds awesome right now..[/Edit]

I made the mistake of waiting until after work to jump on this deal... all of the mgs4 ps3 bundles are at least $650 before discount. I can't really afford that much up front, even if it comes to $420 in 60 days. Lame!

Wasn't for a gaming thing and nothing really expensive (the item cost 50 only) but was a nice discount. Hopefully it'll still be around when I get my 200 dollar check and can buy something more expensive. Thanks for the information though :D

Waitaminute...I was signed in with my Live ID when I bought the PS3, but I didn't activate my account, as it said in the terms that I didn't need to until AFTER my purchase went through. Am I fucked? I haven't gotten the message yet.

[quote name='evanft']Waitaminute...I was signed in with my Live ID when I bought the PS3, but I didn't activate my account, as it said in the terms that I didn't need to until AFTER my purchase went through. Am I fucked? I haven't gotten the message yet.[/quote]

A few people on SD did the same as you and they still got the cashback notification. Hopefully the same happens for you too.

Cool. I got a nice GPS a Garmin Nuvi 760 for 250 after cash back :bouncy:. I just have to wait to show up in the Live account

I don't know what else I should buy :bomb:. I already got all console and the Wii-fit is overpriced right now :roll:.

Those spending $200 - $300+ are big gamblers, huh? To put that much faith that all the MS payments will come through is impressive.

I had to buy something off ebay anyway, so if this works, then it's gravy.

Thanks for the potential deal post.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']A few people on SD did the same as you and they still got the cashback notification. Hopefully the same happens for you too.[/quote]

Got the message. How long should it take for the money to appear on my cashback account?

[quote name='evanft']Got the message. How long should it take for the money to appear on my cashback account?[/QUOTE]It will show pending cash back generally 1 or 2 days, but the Live FAQ says to contact customer support if you don't see anything in 7 days. The cash back won't be released for 60 days.

What are people's times so far for getting pending status? My second order is ~18hours, while my first order still hasn't gotten it.

bread's done
Back