MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

DoTY vote from me too! Maybe I'll actually use Live search instead of google just to thank them for paying me $200+. Their search isn't too bad surprisingly. (As for how I get to $200, camera lens, MGS4, and Roomba.) :D

[quote name='luminus'](Give me another 35% off deal and I promise I'll install Vista back onto my new machine! :D)[/QUOTE]

Hey hey .. let's not talk crazy talk now.

I'm hoping one of those random 10% off coupons pops-up in my email for ebay in the next few days. I got one more item I got my eye on that I'd take advantage of the 10% cashback and that coupon.

The $175 showed up in my Live account. :)

And I did the offer a good 6 hours after it was over. It seems that as long as you kept a window open with the offer listed, you could technically right click-> open new window and use up the offer that way.

I closed it already though. :(

[quote name='xbltheshadow']I'm hoping one of those random 10% off coupons pops-up in my email for ebay in the next few days. I got one more item I got my eye on that I'd take advantage of the 10% cashback and that coupon.[/quote]
They stack? The mail I got with my 10% off code says it can't be used with other coupons. Anyone check this yet?

[quote name='silent h3ro']I bought the Limited Edition gunmetal PS3. It was $699.99 w/ free shipping so I thought this would be the best deal for me. After rebate it is $455 which is not bad at all even if it is a 40 gig system. There will always be that resale value down the line if I need the money.[/QUOTE]

Damn you are a bastard! I'm so jealous...

Mine showed up and then was CANCELLED in my cashback account. I think it was because my PayPal account was debited twice, and I had one charge reversed.

[quote name='Serpentor']i'm not so jealous as to those got the gunmetal PS3 for free from Konami....[/quote]

Umm, if they accept it, their card gets charged. They had to refuse the package. Konami is not just going to let a few $600 items slip under the radar. And canceling your credit card does nothing but screw yourself in the long run.

[quote name='WhytePanther']They stack? The mail I got with my 10% off code says it can't be used with other coupons. Anyone check this yet?[/quote]
They may, I'm not sure. But I don't see why not. The cashback thing isn't a coupon, its a referral type thing. It would be worth a shot anyways. Worst Paypal can do is say, "Coupon not eligible on this item," or something.

From owl @ SD

1) Go to your browser history
2) select "Work Offline" from your File menu dropdown
3) go to "Monday" (the day the 35% search worked)
4) find a browser window from "search.live (search.live.com)" that gave you 35% off that day
5) select "Work Offline" to get connected again
6) click on the 35% link
7) enjoy!

I tried this and when you click Work Offline, you lose internet connection when you click on link in history. Clicking on Work Offline to get connection and refreshing gives you the 10%. Others have said it works but I dont know if they're telling the truth or not.

I did this using iMac and Firefox at work.

I can easily get the 10% doing that, but the 35% is nowhere to be found, sadly.

[quote name='iazybandit']From owl @ SD

1) Go to your browser history
2) select "Work Offline" from your File menu dropdown
3) go to "Monday" (the day the 35% search worked)
4) find a browser window from "search.live (search.live.com)" that gave you 35% off that day
5) select "Work Offline" to get connected again
6) click on the 35% link
7) enjoy!

I tried this and when you click Work Offline, you lose internet connection when you click on link in history. Clicking on Work Offline to get connection and refreshing gives you the 10%. Others have said it works but I dont know if they're telling the truth or not.

I did this using iMac and Firefox at work.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GuardianE']My history clears every night. :( Do you think there's a way to actually provide a referral link? Or does it not work for others?[/QUOTE]
Even if someone who has the 35% provided a link, it wont work for others. Seems to be linked to only that session/computer
[quote name='wampa8jedi']I can easily get the 10% doing that, but the 35% is nowhere to be found, sadly.[/QUOTE]
I get 10% no matter what. When I do the Work Offline and click on a link in the History, I get no connection. So I dont know how people are getting the webpage to show up unless they have it saved to their computer.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']If I could find the "Work Offline" selection in IE8, I could try this.[/QUOTE]
Its in FILE menu tab in top left corner.

[quote name='iazybandit']Even if someone who has the 35% provided a link, it wont work for others. Seems to be linked to only that session/computer
[/quote]

Damn. Well, I guess I should be grateful that I got to use it even once.

Won't work for me. I work offline, click the link that gave me the 35% and it won't let me get into it. A window pops up about the webpage not being avaliable offline, then I click "Stay offline" and it won't load. Oh well, worth a shot.

[quote name='GuardianE']Damn. Well, I guess I should be grateful that I got to use it even once.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Used it on Viper car alarm. Would of been nice if I could of used it on a camera flash and LED taillights for my car
[quote name='xbltheshadow']Won't work for me. I work offline, click the link that gave me the 35% and it won't let me get into it. A window pops up about the webpage not being avaliable offline, then I click "Stay offline" and it won't load. Oh well, worth a shot.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

[quote name='iazybandit']Same here. Used it on Viper car alarm. Would of been nice if I could of used it on a camera flash and LED taillights for my car

Same here.[/QUOTE]

eBay Motors stuff seemed to be excluded from the deal. I was trying to get a set of rotors and brake pads for my car but couldn't get it to go through. Would've been sick to pay $130 for a set of 4 rotors with pads, especially since I need brakes bad right now.

[quote name='gofishn']eBay Motors stuff seemed to be excluded from the deal. I was trying to get a set of rotors and brake pads for my car but couldn't get it to go through. Would've been sick to pay $130 for a set of 4 rotors with pads, especially since I need brakes bad right now.[/QUOTE]
Ah yes, forgot about the LED tailights. Ok, scratch that then. Would of gotten a Beltronics STi

[quote name='gofishn']eBay Motors stuff seemed to be excluded from the deal. I was trying to get a set of rotors and brake pads for my car but couldn't get it to go through. Would've been sick to pay $130 for a set of 4 rotors with pads, especially since I need brakes bad right now.[/quote]

OK, that's good to know, then. Now I don't feel so bad that I only got to use 1 of 3 35% cash back opportunities.

Actually, one of the other things I tried was an alternative mount for a GPS unit sold through buy.com. At the bottom of the page, it shows that PayPal is accepted. When I tried to put it through for the 35% cash back, it said that the vendor's payment method was not valid for the offer, or something like that. But the thing is, it's not being sold through eBay Motors! Strange...

[quote name='iazybandit']The next highest I can get is 15%

"Cordless Drill Replacement Batteries"
"cheap playstation videogame system"
"cheap shoes"[/quote]

nice... tempted to use but spoiled by 35...

noticed the usual searches were bringing up 15.. maybe ill hold out to see if it goes up again

they should give us at least 20% off, 10-15 is nothing, all buy it now items are soo overpriced, and if it isnt, then the shipping is ridiculous.

[quote name='lovemetal626']they should give us at least 20% off, 10-15 is nothing, all buy it now items are soo overpriced, and if it isnt, then the shipping is ridiculous.[/quote]

Except it's those sellers that's earning money on those overpriced item, not cashback.live.com. :(

[quote name='gofishn']eBay Motors stuff seemed to be excluded from the deal. I was trying to get a set of rotors and brake pads for my car but couldn't get it to go through. Would've been sick to pay $130 for a set of 4 rotors with pads, especially since I need brakes bad right now.[/quote]

Yeah i almost bought some rims, to bad i would've got a killer deal.

[quote name='lovemetal626']they should give us at least 20% off, 10-15 is nothing, all buy it now items are soo overpriced, and if it isnt, then the shipping is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Thats why you find one with lower shipping or one that offers free shipping. I could of bought my Viper 5900 Car Alarm for $209. But I opted to pay $228+$15 because the seller was more reliable and had lots of pictures. THe one that was selling it for $209 had about 50 feedbacks but what deterred me from buying was that he blocked out the Viper logos on the image. So I didnt want to take the change of buying it. I'll pay the extra couple bucks to ensure I'm not being ripped off.

:whee: Live.com finally updated my account, I have 2 transactions pending with a little over $30 total...I didn't make big purchases so its all good!

If there's ever a 20 or 25% off deal I'd like to get a few games. I think it's safe to say that 35% off deal is never coming back (though I'd love to be proved wrong).

questions.. 3 is the max for ebay orders correct?

i noticed cashback works with alot of retailers... like newegg. Sure the percentage varies but its still something back.

Anyone used it with another merchant? Do i have to use paypal everytime?

[quote name='guyver2077']questions.. 3 is the max for ebay orders correct?

i noticed cashback works with alot of retailers... like newegg. Sure the percentage varies but its still something back.

Anyone used it with another merchant? Do i have to use paypal everytime?[/QUOTE]
3 order limit is only for eBay. PayPal is only required for eBay purchases as PP is owned by eBay.

bread's done
Back