MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

[quote name='Link927']Actually, 20% is only $16 dollars, to get 20 dollars off of 80, it would be 1/4 or 25% ;)[/quote]

wrong, 20% off of 80 is 20... look at it like $2 off every $10. wait a minute... you're right... it is $16. But my cash back does say $20. Yes, it was 25% off.

Yea, i got the 25% off a while ago.

Thanks all. let me know when the next big one comes around... hopefully after the 360 drops =D

[quote name='GBmanNC']25% off when searching for gold coin NOW![/quote]

Thanks! I picked up the Mass Effect Limited Edition for $36 after the discount.

[quote name='GBmanNC']25% off when searching for gold coin NOW![/quote]

thank you! bought myself a new pair of oakleys. savings of $50 off retail after cashback, whoop!

So if I were to sign up for this now I would only get 10% cash back? I see something that says 25% on ebay's website.

[quote name='Gorge']So if I were to sign up for this now I would only get 10% cash back? I see something that says 25% on ebay's website.[/quote]

You would get 25% as shown on ebay. This percent off changes every so often and the thread title hasn't been updated.

[quote name='Gorge']So if I were to sign up for this now I would only get 10% cash back? I see something that says 25% on ebay's website.[/quote]

You have to use buy it now on an item while the 25% off is showing on top of ebay to qualify for it.

[quote name='GBmanNC']Nice guys! Just bought a nokia n95 for $150 off.[/quote]

Nice, I'm looking for an n95 myself, but worried about eBay "Nokla" Chinese knock-offs. What seller did you get it from, and are they offering anymore?

[quote name='lolmister']I accidentally clicked on the 25% off but I don't want to use it yet. Will I lose one of my sessions whether I buy something or not?[/quote]

Negative

[quote name='kaw']Nice, I'm looking for an n95 myself, but worried about eBay "Nokla" Chinese knock-offs. What seller did you get it from, and are they offering anymore?[/quote]

There are brand new ones for buy it now at 550, which is how much amazon sells it for. The buyer I bought from was just changing phones so he doesn't have more. Just make sure the phone has wi fi and gps, the knock offs do not!
http://cgi.ebay.com/NOKIA-N95-UNLOC...267054440QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250267054440

So the cashback isn't showing up in my account, it's been 10 days. I e-mailed them and all they said was they are working on it. F.cking lame.

My cashback actually disappeared after a week. It was there at first but was giving me problems logging into my account. When I finally did, it showed a zero balance pending. I contacted them and received an automated e-mail saying that they are having problems with ebay transactions and that they are working on it.

[quote name='DestinyHero']So the cashback isn't showing up in my account, it's been 10 days. I e-mailed them and all they said was they are working on it. F.cking lame.[/quote]

Im at 8 days and i have the same thing, got the "You have cashback email" and all just nothing in my cashback account.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Im at 8 days and i have the same thing, got the "You have cashback email" and all just nothing in my cashback account.[/QUOTE]

One of mine showed up, the other didn't. The one that showed up, turns out the seller didn't have the item. So I'm 0 for 2. lol. Ebay CS indicated that two items qualified for it, so who knows what happened.

I just gave it another shot with another auction. MS did say they're aware of the problem and are working on it, but I don't know how it's going to be resolved. I'm tempted to do a 4th since I have a feeling the one that never showed up never will.

[quote name='GBmanNC']There are brand new ones for buy it now at 550, which is how much amazon sells it for. The buyer I bought from was just changing phones so he doesn't have more. Just make sure the phone has wi fi and gps, the knock offs do not!
http://cgi.ebay.com/NOKIA-N95-UNLOC...267054440QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250267054440[/quote]

Thanks, I got a new 95-3 for 485 before the 25% off. I almost bought one of these yesterday anyways before I saw this thread. So my thanks for the timely bump.

Question: I log into my Live.com cashback account, and it still doesn't have anything pending, but I received the eBay message that I should have 125 dollars pending. I understand that it'll be pending for 60 days, however, does it take awhile initially to show up as pending?

[quote name='kaw']Thanks, I got a new 95-3 for 485 before the 25% off. I almost bought one of these yesterday anyways before I saw this thread. So my thanks for the timely bump.

Question: I log into my Live.com cashback account, and it still doesn't have anything pending, but I received the eBay message that I should have 125 dollars pending. I understand that it'll be pending for 60 days, however, does it take awhile initially to show up as pending?[/quote]

Yeah it could take a couple days, especially if you didn't use instant transfer in paypal.

[quote name='wildnuts02']since last night the cashbackaccount.live link doesn't seem to be loading. anyone else have this problem?[/quote]

Yeah, it does that from time to time, best to keep trying. After about 5 or 6 reloads, it works for my duration, then dies again 10 minutes later.

[quote name='psyanide82']Yeah, it does that from time to time, best to keep trying. After about 5 or 6 reloads, it works for my duration, then dies again 10 minutes later.[/quote]

for some reason i can't even get it to even load once...:(

If you're using Firefox, maybe because of Ad Block or just because its Microsoft Live search so not their browser, it often won't load for me. I put it in IE though and it worked fine. Just a suggestion if its not working.

Also, its down to 20% now, damn. I was hoping to would stay at 25% for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this works, it's back up to 20%. I just bought a 360 120GB HDD (Rock Band content + install to HD coming) and I'm hoping to get the 20% off it was supposedly offering me. Will post again if I receive a confirmation of it.

[quote name='video_gamer324']Discount's back up to 25%!!![/quote]That's fucking crap, I just used a 20% off yesterday!

Also does anyone here know if there is a limit to how many times you get cash back? I remember somebody saying you can only get cash back 3 times or up to $250 or something like that. Can somebody clear this up for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blueweltall']So does this work on any buy it now items?[/quote]
Yes, it only works on buy it now items.

[quote name='blueweltall']So does this work on best offers items?[/quote]No. It only works on Buy It Now auctions and the percent off link is only valid for an hour after clicking it.

bread's done
Back