MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

For those that recieved the coupon, its still valid as of today even though it said 29th. Thing is, I won the item before midnight on the 29th, not sure if that's the reason.

[quote name='wildnuts02']looks like this is officially dead now...for Ebay[/quote]

none of the searches are working for me either... :cry:

[quote name='RyanM13579']none of the searches are working for me either... :cry:[/QUOTE]

It went like this before, probably a month ago, and then it came back again at 20%. Hopefully, it will be back.

[quote name='pinoy530']It went like this before, probably a month ago, and then it came back again at 20%. Hopefully, it will be back.[/quote]

Fingers crossed. I was so ready to buy a new $700 desktop, and decided to hold off for at least a day or so.

How long did it take for the cashback to come back the last time it went out?

[quote name='RyanM13579']Fingers crossed. I was so ready to buy a new $700 desktop, and decided to hold off for at least a day or so.

How long did it take for the cashback to come back the last time it went out?[/QUOTE]

I think it was the next day or shorter, I just remember people saying it didnt work, and then I tried it and it didnt work. The next time I checked the thread, it was back up again. I hope its back up, I purposely didnt use it on a game I spent $35 on, figured why save $7 when I might be buying something big.

[quote name='pinoy530']I think it was the next day or shorter, I just remember people saying it didnt work, and then I tried it and it didnt work. The next time I checked the thread, it was back up again. I hope its back up, I purposely didnt use it on a game I spent $35 on, figured why save $7 when I might be buying something big.[/QUOTE]

Yea I did the same thing for a game as well. But if this really is dead, then I'll feel pretty mad at myself. I mean, Microsoft obviously cannot do this cashback thing forever.

From the MS Chat Support team:

agent.png
Loxie H.The promotion with Ebay is still going on :) They did updates on there web site and unfortunately there links broke for the glimmer. They know of the issue and are working on it at this time.

Phew!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RyanM13579']From the MS Chat Support team:

Phew![/QUOTE]

Thank goodness! Now I'll definitely have to use the deal when it is back online since there will be a part of me that fears it's demise.

I used it on Monday night and I got the message saying I got cash back. However, it's still not in my account. When I did it back when it was 35%, I got it in 2 days or so. Hopefully it'll still be acknowleged since it looks like it died on Tuesday.

[quote name='Quintox']I think the MS support was lying or didn't know what was going on so just made something up.[/quote]

I mean the generic answer to any inquiry is "our support is aware of the problem and are working to fix it"

but still, I think we'll be OK. I wanna order this soon so I can get it before I head back to bloomington

Ok so the banner occasionally shows up now for 25% off, but when you click it the ebay link doesn't have that little sign up top for cashback. So..it's back but isn't working.

[quote name='motuza']Ok so the banner occasionally shows up now for 25% off, but when you click it the ebay link doesn't have that little sign up top for cashback. So..it's back but isn't working.[/quote]

which search keywords did you use? I can't even get it to show up here

Its back and working for me

I used "cheap ps3" and the 25% shows up at the top of ebay now! Bout time! Now to figure out what I want to buy :D

[quote name='buffcorp']Its back and working for me

I used "cheap ps3" and the 25% shows up at the top of ebay now! Bout time! Now to figure out what I want to buy :D[/quote]

It's weird. I don't get anything searching from the main page, but if i'm in the search results page and make another search, it shows up.

Only problem is, I click the link, go to eBay, and there's no little green cashback logo on the eBay site yet... I'll keep trying though. 25% is good enough for me!

CAN A MOD UPDATE THE TITLE TO SAY IT IS AT 25%? You're only deterring people from taking advantage of the deal when you say its is at 10 percent, because this is far from dead!

[quote name='RyanM13579']It's weird. I don't get anything searching from the main page, but if i'm in the search results page and make another search, it shows up.

Only problem is, I click the link, go to eBay, and there's no little green cashback logo on the eBay site yet... I'll keep trying though. 25% is good enough for me![/QUOTE]

same, has anyone tried checking out?

[quote name='RyanM13579']It's weird. I don't get anything searching from the main page, but if i'm in the search results page and make another search, it shows up.

Only problem is, I click the link, go to eBay, and there's no little green cashback logo on the eBay site yet... I'll keep trying though. 25% is good enough for me![/quote]

keep hitting search until it pops up just under the search bar :) It will show up in 2 instances. When the live cashback site appears and when the ebay.com link show sup...you want the ebay one :) so keep doing it over and over until it pops up...took me 3 trys

Hmm, I don't see the logo on Ebay's site either after doing the search and getting the correct link.
Then again, I'm at work and sometimes images randomly don't show up.

[quote name='buffcorp']keep hitting search until it pops up just under the search bar :) It will show up in 2 instances. When the live cashback site appears and when the ebay.com link show sup...you want the ebay one :) so keep doing it over and over until it pops up...took me 3 trys[/quote]

doing what over?

- searching different things on live.com?
- refreshing live.com?
- (once linked to ebay successfully) searching different things on ebay.com?
- (once linked to ebay successfully) refreshing eBay?

Still nothing for me with multiple tries at those combos. I really wanna buy a new computer!!

I'm getting the same thing, its showing up in the live search but when I clickthrough to ebay, the cashback logo doesn't show up at the top. I'd hate to order something without being sure....

[quote name='xtakeitallbackx']I'm getting the same thing, its showing up in the live search but when I clickthrough to ebay, the cashback logo doesn't show up at the top. I'd hate to order something without being sure....[/quote]

Don't worry once you click buy it now you should see if you are receiving any cash back. As long as you don't click the commit to buy button you are still safe. Deal looks dead though as of now.

my searches are still showing 25% of course there are no banners to the links. If everyone holds off buying it'll gradually go back to 25% in no time.

I"m getting the same problem as Ryan and some others. I've had varying degrees of success getting the 25% ad on the live search, but the little cashback thing doesn't show up on the ebay site.

Once you get the Live cashback link on the Live search site, click the link to Ebay and if the cashback logo isn't visible on the Ebay site just hit back and click it again.

It might take a whole bunch of retries until the logo does pop up on Ebay but it's definitely working (Just took me about 50 clicks to get it to show) and it's displaying the cashback once you do hit the buy now button on Ebay. It might also be worth logging out of Ebay if you're logged in.

Also if you're seeing less than 25% on the Live search site, just keep on retrying the search until the 25% shows.

Anyone have any idea how long this usually lasts? I'm tempted to grab a 360 elite for cheap but I probably won't have the funds until the weekend.

FINALLY GOT IT!

1. Log into your Live.com Account
2. Log into your eBay account
3. Search for "Wii"
4. If you get the 25% eBay cashback link, skip to #5, if not, keep hitting the refresh button or F5 on your jeyboard until it does show up
5. Click the ad for the eBay cashback
6. If the green "25% cashback" banner shows up next to your eBay username, proceed with purchase! If not, continue reading
7. Hit the back button or Backspace on the keyboard to go to the search results where you initially clicked the 25% cashback link
8. Click the same ad AGAIN until you get the green cashback logo to show up on the eBay.com website

Basically keep hitting the link and then hitting back (I'm not sure if new tabs work or not). It took me a good 20 tries, but finally got it all worked out.

Phew!

PM me or respond in the thread if you have any questions!

I feel like such an idiot, I've JUST stumbled upon this thread...

I've been eyeing new suspension for my car and could easily save ~$240 using this...

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like it doesn't work with Motors, as I still get the little cashback banner right before the "click to commit" page but it doesn't tell the actual amount of the discount like it would on other products, damnit.

[quote name='menikmati']I feel like such an idiot, I've JUST stumbled upon this thread...

I've been eyeing new suspension for my car and could easily save ~$240 using this...

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like it doesn't work with Motors, as I still get the little cashback banner right before the "click to commit" page but it doesn't tell the actual amount of the discount like it would on other products, damnit.[/quote]I did the same and it worked on a magnaflow exhaust.

[quote name='menikmati']I feel like such an idiot, I've JUST stumbled upon this thread...

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like it doesn't work with Motors, as I still get the little cashback banner right before the "click to commit" page but it doesn't tell the actual amount of the discount like it would on other products, damnit.[/quote]

eBay Motors purchases didn't work back when it was 35% but after that ended, people reported in saying that their purchases qualified. Monday of last week, I made an eBay Motors purchase and it showed the cashback amount at checkout as well as in confirmation e-mails. However, I still haven't gotten anything yet and am currently in the process of dealing with Live about it. :bomb:

bread's done
Back