MS Points Deals (downloadable?)

Noogums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
i need a 2000 points card. 25 bucks isnt bad i guess straight off my xbox, but i was wondering if there are any deals on them before i go ahead and buy it. i dont wanna go out and buy i need to just buy it online to get the code instantly.

If there are any higher amount cards for 25 or less, lemee know too.

Thanks!

...isnt it stupid that they sell games for 1200 pts and dont let you buy cards in 1200 pt increments? Seriously. I would rather just give them my credit card number and pay them actual currency. screw micro$oft fun points.

And some how i have 150 points right now lol. dont ask me how. but nothing is 150 points. even gh songs are 160. if i had 200 i could just buy the 1000 points card but noooooo...

[quote name='Noogums']
I would rather just give them my credit card number and pay them actual currency. screw micro$oft fun points.

[/QUOTE]

The reason you are very, very wrong, and one of the many reasons "games on demand" fucking sucks, is that you can get deals on points, sometimes very serious deals. Deals on cash is a little harder to come by legally...

[quote name='mkelehan']There were never 800 point cards in the US[/QUOTE]

False, during Circuit City's downfall I made out like a bandit buying all their 800 MS Point cards. I have seen none since then.

Search eBay for deals, it's your best bet.

[quote name='acdcrocks1980']AXE from target comes with 300 points i believe[/QUOTE]

Does anybody know if this deal is still going on?

[quote name='Str8Nasty786']Does anybody know if this deal is still going on?[/QUOTE]

When I was in target last week, it still was. No clue when the end date is.

[quote name='Str8Nasty786']Does anybody know if this deal is still going on?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is.

According to the terms on the sticker the AXE codes have to be redeemed by 9/30/09 and the points expire 10/31/09.

Here is the official AXE Xbox Microsoft Points Rules

from http://www.axexbox.com/

Microsoft® Points Offer from Axe

Purchase any specially-marked Axe product at a Target store between 7/3/09 and 9/30/09, while supplies last, to receive an 8-digit promotion code. Text your 8-digit promotion code to 56376 by 11:59:59 pm ET on 9/30/09. You will receive another code from Axe that may be redeemed at Xbox.com for 300 Microsoft Points. Microsoft Points must be redeemed by 11:59:59 pm ET on 10/31/09 or they will expire. Microsoft Points may be used towards Xbox content and merchandise. Xbox Live Gold or Silver registration required. Standard text message charges apply to each text message sent and received. Check your wireless carriers for rate details. To quit, text STOP to 30241.

Terms and Conditions: Promotion codes available on specially marked Axe products at Target stores between 7/13/09 and 9/30/09, while supplies last. Promotion codes must be redeemed by 11:59:59 pm ET on 9/30/09. Promotion codes that are not redeemed by 11:59:59 pm ET on 9/30/09 are void. Promotion codes may not be sold or transferred. Sponsor is not responsible for technical errors of any kind, including software or network transmission errors. Offer valid to individual customers; requests from groups, clubs or organizations will not be honored. By providing your information to Unilever via text, you acknowledge that Unilever may also send you information, samples or special offers it feels may be of interest to you about Unilever brands or brands from other carefully-selected companies. If you would like more information about Unilever's privacy policy, visit www.unileverus.com/privacy or call 1-866-204-9750. Microsoft Points are subject to the terms and conditions set by Microsoft Corporation. See www.xbox.com/en-US/live/microsoftpoints.htm for details regarding Microsoft Points program. Microsoft Points have no cash value and cannot be substituted or exchanged for cash. Fraudulent submission could result in federal prosecution under mail fraud statutes. Purchase, sale or trade of promotion code is prohibited. ©2009 Unilever. All rights reserved. Sponsored by: Unilever, 800 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632.

I do not know if this is legit or not ill let some of the other CAGers decide that but there is a guy on ebay in China selling silver xbox live accounts that have 5000 points on them. The catch is you have to use the 5000 points within 72 hours of activating the new account which isnt too hard. This guy has 100% feedback on about 10+ transactions in the last week so he is legit. How hes acquiring the points well thats a different story, i was going to bid on it myself but I dont want to until i know its legal.

[quote name='Greater Malison']I do not know if this is legit or not ill let some of the other CAGers decide that but there is a guy on ebay in China selling silver xbox live accounts that have 5000 points on them. The catch is you have to use the 5000 points within 72 hours of activating the new account which isnt too hard. This guy has 100% feedback on about 10+ transactions in the last week so he is legit. How hes acquiring the points well thats a different story, i was going to bid on it myself but I dont want to until i know its legal.[/QUOTE]

of course it's not legit, its a scam to get people to buy it. it is morally wrong. i have a feeling he stole an account, charged up 5000pts to the stolen credit card on the account, and is selling it before the account is suspended.

also, if microsoft finds that your console spent the points, you could see your console banned from the network.

only a moron would do this..

[quote name='breakingcustoms']of course it's not legit, its a scam to get people to buy it. it is morally wrong. i have a feeling he stole an account, charged up 5000pts to the stolen credit card on the account, and is selling it before the account is suspended.

also, if microsoft finds that your console spent the points, you could see your console banned from the network.

only a moron would do this..[/QUOTE]

I don't know that MS would ban you, but yes, these are points purchased with stolen credit cards.

[quote name='Greater Malison']Well I guess since I didn't do it Im not a moron, thanks for the input genius.[/QUOTE]

i wasn't calling you the moron, i was just stating the situation...sorry to have offended.

If you don't want extra points, you can go to Amazon and purchase the game you want. They will e-mail you a code right away. Costs the same as regular points, but none left over....

Yeah, that one guy had pts deals about a month ago.

I got 8000 points for $50 i think. Still have about 5000 left.

[quote name='Greater Malison']I do not know if this is legit or not ill let some of the other CAGers decide that but there is a guy on ebay in China selling silver xbox live accounts that have 5000 points on them. The catch is you have to use the 5000 points within 72 hours of activating the new account which isnt too hard. This guy has 100% feedback on about 10+ transactions in the last week so he is legit. How hes acquiring the points well thats a different story, i was going to bid on it myself but I dont want to until i know its legal.[/QUOTE]Just because he has 100% feedback doesn't make him legit. It just means he's has good feedback.

He's making XBL accounts and purchasing points with stolen credit cards. Pure and simple. No other way he's doing it.

[quote name='mietha']The reason you are very, very wrong, and one of the many reasons "games on demand" fucking sucks, is that you can get deals on points, sometimes very serious deals. Deals on cash is a little harder to come by legally...[/QUOTE]

You can get deals on points, but you can also get deals on disk version on games. Plus if you dislike your GoD game then your stuck with it, but with disk version you can sell it if you dislike it and make a small return on your money.

I don't know anyone who spends $20 on something without knowing if they'll like it or not. Also, what value does a new $20 game have when being sold later used? Not much. Instead you have no choice but to make smart purchases and can play those games many years later. If you don't like it don't buy it. Just don't be mad that you have PS3 and they're getting crapped on.

Your logic makes no sense at all. Most people are looking to buy games they know they like, I don't know how stupid you think people are...

Paying $20 for Perfect Dark as opposed to paying $8 used in a store, I'd maybe just pay the $20 for the new game and no hassle with discs and cases. If you don't like it don't get it, but your logic doesn't apply to everyone.

Wasn't there a few CAGs a few weeks ago selling 1600 and 4000 XBL Point cards for $16 and $30, respectively?

I also recall a few sites going up selling these, with many CAGs getting what they paid for, and no issues.

Are these sellers/sites still around? I'm in the market for a 1600 Point Code.

~HotShotX

Nopee, they're all gone. My guess is there was a big crackdown since SO many codes were being bought and used.

I can get 4000 for $40, but they're out of stock right now.

[quote name='mietha']The reason you are very, very wrong, and one of the many reasons "games on demand" fucking sucks, is that you can get deals on points, sometimes very serious deals. Deals on cash is a little harder to come by legally...[/QUOTE]

There are actually a number of reasons points are better, in addition to them going on sale. The most important in my mind is that they build whatever tax they need to into the cards so that you don't buy a $20 card and then go to download a $19.99 game and get charged tax (as Sony does if you're in a sales tax state) leaving you short when they should just include that in the price.

Of course there are many reasons that straight currency is better, and I DEFINITELY hate that Microsoft has attempted to trick people into thinking that things are cheaper by making 1 point = .8 cents, which obviously works because of how often I hear tools saying a 400 point game is $4 or an 800 point game is $8. For some reason they usually get 1200 points = $15 right, so I don't know how that works.

You can use MS points for Games on Demand.

[quote name='HotShotX']Wasn't there a few CAGs a few weeks ago selling 1600 and 4000 XBL Point cards for $16 and $30, respectively?

I also recall a few sites going up selling these, with many CAGs getting what they paid for, and no issues.

Are these sellers/sites still around? I'm in the market for a 1600 Point Code.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Nope. Stolen points. They're banned from Ebay at best, and in jail at worst.

[quote name='hpv']Of course there are many reasons that straight currency is better, and I DEFINITELY hate that Microsoft has attempted to trick people into thinking that things are cheaper by making 1 point = .8 cents, which obviously works because of how often I hear tools saying a 400 point game is $4 or an 800 point game is $8. For some reason they usually get 1200 points = $15 right, so I don't know how that works.[/QUOTE]

Remember that this is international currency. While 80 points is one dollar, 120 points is one British pound.

There are so many good games on XBLM right now, I'm dying for a deal on points - anyone have any suggestions?

[quote name='davjaffe']There are so many good games on XBLM right now, I'm dying for a deal on points - anyone have any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I'd love to pick up Shadow Complex, Trials HD, TMNT, and maybe Battlefield 1943.

bread's done
Back