MSNBC: "Men in their 20s Weak, Unmarriable Gamers"

Erad30

CAGiversary!
http://kotaku.com/joe-scarborough-calls-men-in-their-twenties-weak-unmar-510480810

Funny in my 20s I had a full time job with a 401k, stock options and health insurance. I'm married now with a worse job but that's at least partially due to the economy. I also love how somehow his son and his friends are of course the exceptions. I could almost understand him thinking that if his son and friends were the stereotypical adult loser in their parents basement who plays video games all day and have either no job or a crappy job through lazyness and are dateless wonders. Ridiculously out of touch.

This guy really sounds like someone trying get a feminist in bed. I don't know who any of those women are but they don't seem all that impressed by his display.

Eh, the stereotype holds some amount of truth. Nonetheless, it's kind of sad how he claims to be progressive for women but then turns on men and berates those who don't fit their assigned roles.

Why is getting married seen by some as a sign of success? Anyone can get married. It is staying married that is tough. People act like they passed some kind of test by getting married, but the truth is that it is harder to get a drivers license than a marriage license. I'll respect people who can stay happily married, but you don't deserve respect just for getting married and having kids.

The decision to not get married at an early age is an intelligence thing, not a factor of strength. What are the advantages to a guy to get married young? Men have better choices as they get older and earn more money. Joe Scarborough would be considered a weak prissy man by his fathers generational standards as well. Joe didn't fight in any wars, he doesn't do any work with his hands, he goes to work every day puts on make up and sits around gossiping with women.

The reality of the situation is some feminists are getting pissed off that they don't have a guy to stay at home and raise their kids while they advance their careers. And unlike men, women in our society find it harder to select their ideal spouse the older they get. Essentially nothing has changed, guys still have it better in life, especially if they're smart and avoid life's pitfalls.

[quote name='cool8man']Why is getting married seen by some as a sign of success? Anyone can get married. It is staying married that is tough. People act like they passed some kind of test by getting married, but the truth is that it is harder to get a drivers license than a marriage license. I'll respect people who can stay happily married, but you don't deserve respect just for getting married and having kids.

The decision to not get married at an early age is an intelligence thing, not a factor of strength. What are the advantages to a guy to get married young? Men have better choices as they get older and earn more money. Joe Scarborough would be considered a weak prissy man by his fathers generational standards as well. Joe didn't fight in any wars, he doesn't do any work with his hands, he goes to work every day puts on make up and sits around gossiping with women.

The reality of the situation is some feminists are getting pissed off that they don't have a guy to stay at home and raise their kids while they advance their careers. And unlike men, women in our society find it harder to select their ideal spouse the older they get. Essentially nothing has changed, guys still have it better in life, especially if they're smart and avoid life's pitfalls.[/QUOTE]

I was with you until that line.

bread's done
Back