Multigame pack GBA games $4.99 at KB Toys YMMV

hinkbert

CAGiversary!
You know those GBA games they have been making where they shove 2 or more games unto one pack? Well they marked down a few yesterday at KB Toys.

$4.99
Millipede/Super Breakout/Lunar Lander
Marble Madness/Klax
Spy Hunter/Super Sprint

Not the greatest deal, but not bad either. Might be good gifts for the Holidays. This mark down should have happened at any non-outlet KB Toys that still have games, which isn't many any more, but good luck to those interested.

the KB in my old town kicked ass, they still stocked games like blade runner and old dos games, i think it was a "kb liqudators" or something, they had some good classic stuff though.

Marble madness sweet :rofl: That game rocked on the NES and wasn't to bad on those greatest hits discs with gauntlet and paperboy. I might have to check this out even though I feel I will run into the same situation as sonarrat.

Thanks for the info, I might pick up Marble Madness. I bought the Gameboy Color version for $3.24 (ironically, also at KB earlier this year) and it was horrible with a choppy framerate. Hopefully this version is better.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Thanks for the info, I might pick up Marble Madness. I bought the Gameboy Color version for $3.24 (ironically, also at KB earlier this year) and it was horrible with a choppy framerate. Hopefully this version is better.[/QUOTE]

IGN rated it 4.5 out of 10, and that was only because Klax was good. The review says "This GBA conversion is one of the sloppiest, incompetent ports of the arcade game ever seen on a home system." and also that the game ends at level 3.

http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/650/650884p1.html

[quote name='blandstalker']IGN rated it 4.5 out of 10, and that was only because Klax was good. The review says "This GBA conversion is one of the sloppiest, incompetent ports of the arcade game ever seen on a home system." and also that the game ends at level 3.

http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/650/650884p1.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the warning, I would have figured the GBA version would be ok. The fact that it ends at level 3 is just unexcuseable. They should call it 1/2 Marble Madness instead.

I went to my KB today and all they had were the GBA cartoon videos, they don't even sell video games anymore, I must have missed the clearance where they wiped it all off the shelves.

Thanks for the warning, I was going to pick up my copy tomorrow since we get an extra 5% more off our purchases this Friday. It sucks though because I was hoping for at least an adequate portable version of Marble Madness.

bread's done
Back