Multiplatform releases in General Gaming?

msdmoney

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Does anyone think it would be better to combine talk about multiplatform games into one forum, possibly general gaming or a multiplatform games forum? When I was playing the Orange Box on PC, I went into the 360 board for discussions, because there are fewer PC gamers on the site. I would rather combine everyone talking about a certain game into one thread, rather than have separate threads talking about the same gaming experience.

Just an idea.

I can easily imagine something like this turning into "console warz" quickly. I think it's fine the way it is.

It would be nice, but the 360 forum people like to have their own threads, so that's not going to happen anytime soon.

The Rock Band thread in the General Gaming forum's doing just fine as a multi-platform thread, though I'd guess that it doesn't get as much traffic as the 360 thread.

its a good idea, but it would never work. somehow someway itd just turn into a flame war.

plus i think its better to keep the seperate anyway so you dont have confusion with the online gaming.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']its a good idea, but it would never work. somehow someway itd just turn into a flame war.

plus i think its better to keep the seperate anyway so you dont have confusion with the online gaming.[/QUOTE]

I guess I see the console seclusion as a partial cause for the separation between gamers on this site. The only time people come together about games is the news sections which is often NPD numbers or analysis on the current market, which tends to bring out the worst in people.

I still think there should be separate forums to get into more details about each console, schedule online matches, etc, I'm just talking about combining discussions on games.

Anyways, just an idea, I understand the reluctance to change the current setup.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the idea. It doesn't make sense to have two threads about the same game just because of it being for one system. CAG's forums need a couple of changes, and this is one of them.

I proposed this idea a bit back (due to the AC2 thread being so spread out) and people helped me realize it wouldnt work. But, what I think would be a good idea is to go with CheapyD's idea (in the recent CAGCast) and take it one step further; make it so you could click something that combines those threads for you, so you could read all the feedback in essentially one thread - yet it is from a bunch of different threads.

He used the example of having an all Game platform forum where it would just list every thread in all the game sections (which I would like as well).

I think multiplatform game threads HAVE TO go in the GGT. In the description it says it is the place to discuss "multiplatform games". Now the reason this hasn't worked until now is because even though a game thread exists there, someone justs has to go create a thread about that game in Forum X.

What SHOULD happen is that those threads should be locked and/or merged with the thread in GGT of those games. But it seems not even the mods want this to happen. If you say it'll break down into fanboy wars, have stricter policies about those threads.

I would like to see this specifically because of GFWL games in the PC/360 section like the Shadowrun thread. Not only is it the same game but players are able to interact and play together.

bread's done
Back