Multiple XB1 games $49 at Amazon (non-lightning deals) - COD, Forza Day One, others?

"lightning deals"

"non-lightning deals"

That said, the Forza deal seems to be dead - though the $49 price still shows in my cart.

Bummer - since COD is flickering between $49 and $59.96, I'm guessing they're offering the discount price for fixed quantities, and people are adding/removing from carts. I would keep refreshing in case Forza pops back in.

I'm trying to go digital only this gen. Why am I forced to pay full retail :(
why would anyone go all digital when you can't sell or trade any games ? I understand if you buy maybe 3-4 games a year or something plus when the servers shut down at some point in the future who knows if you will be able to play the games you technically own again.

This may be a dumb question, but if Best Buy matches the $49.99 price, does the 20% off new for GCU members still apply? That would be a no brainer.

Last edited by a moderator:
why would anyone go all digital when you can't sell or trade any games ? I understand if you buy maybe 3-4 games a year or something plus when the servers shut down at some point in the future who knows if you will be able to play the games you technically own again.

It's what confuses me as well. Buying at low prices, play and beat for two weeks and sell back for a free rental is such a money saver.

Convenience. No disc needed in the system. Downloading quicker than ordering online and waiting for it to ship to my house. Easier than going to the store to buy the game. No need to preorder. No game cases taking up space in my house. No discs to damage.

I've been buying digital only on the PC for years with Steam. I want that same convenience on my console.

Convenience. No disc needed in the system. Downloading quicker than ordering online and waiting for it to ship to my house. Easier than going to the store to buy the game. No need to preorder. No game cases taking up space in my house. No discs to damage.

I've been buying digital only on the PC for years with Steam. I want that same convenience on my console.
My personal strategy is to go digital for games I'm not likely to resell, or not likely to resell before their value craters, and go disc for primarily single player games (like DR3) that I'm likely to play, complete, and resell pretty quickly.

This may be a dumb question, but if Best Buy matches the $49.99 price, does the 20% off new for GCU members still apply? That would be a no brainer.
Not if it requires an override. If they drop the price in store and/or on-line (and it becomes a sale price), the discount would apply.

Is Ryse a good deal at $49? I really want all the "day one", exclusives but all signs are pointing to Ryse being junk so I'm not sure.

Can anyone tell me if the Day One Forza cars will eventually be DLC? I wanna pick it up but don't plan to get an X1 right away so if the cars will be available down the road as DLC then I may just pass on this for now.

bread's done
Back