Music/MP3 Player on PC

Frankski

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hey all

Just got a new laptop that my wife and child will not be touching. That being said, what music player/mp3 player should I go with? I have iTunes on the other laptop we own because my wife has an iPod. I'm hesistant to put iTunes on my machine to keep it mine. What do you all recommend/use for playing music on your systems?

Thanks all!

-Frankski

Media Monkey is nice, and the one I use to sync music to my mp3 players. The free version is more than adequate (for me, anyway), but they have a premium version that has more features.

Foobar is also nice, but it's got a pretty steep learning curve to get it tweaked just the way you want it.

I use winamp for all my music. It has lots of nice sorting abilities, has nice equalizing features, some cool skins to download if your into that, plays a wide range of audio files, its pretty basic unless you get into the complicated stuff and it uses virtually no resources so wont bog down your pc. Ive been using it for a very long time.

There is fancier stuff that doesnt much more and stuff that looks fancier but I dont need it. I skinned my winamp to make it look cool and it serves me great.

Plus its free.

www.winamp.com

By the way frankski, what show is that clip from in your sig?

Winamp. Best equalizer of any music playing program IMO. Also plays .FLAC files right from the get-go.

[quote name='gargus']

www.winamp.com

By the way frankski, what show is that clip from in your sig?[/QUOTE]

Cool beans -- I didn't know if something else had come along to kick the llama's butt since winamp, but people seem happy with it.

The show is Venture Brothers, one of the best animated shows on tv. I'm eagerly waiting for the other half/rest of season four, which should be coming on sometime this fall. Do yourself a favor and borrow some season 1 dvds and check it out. I say season 1 instead of season 2 or 3 because, while later seasons are a little better, you need to watch this show from the beginning to really get the funny. It's kinda like Arrested Development in that regard; later shows are still funny, but if you know the running gags/developing storylines, it is that much funnier.

Winamp is the herpes of software-based mp3 player: Old as sin and never fully gone.

That being said, I have a lot of love for Winamp (been a user for the past... 8 years+). As for a second choice, I find nothing really wrong with WMP, aside from the memory footprint it tends to have (works with a ton generic mp3 players, and no additional software or configuration needed).

Grab the latest WMP and you'll be fine. Used to always go with Winamp but Windows Media works just fine, you should already have it and it should update itself.

Foobar is great. I have used winamp for a few years. Its great when you pair it with dfx. The sound is great, esp when you have a good pair of speakers. But now foobar is the player of choice. Vlc is more for video files. This little guy will play almost anything yo throw at it

bread's done
Back