MvC2 @ GS in Queens, NYC

geekeezoid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
If anyone is interested... theres a used copy of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for the ps2 at the Gamestop in Flushing Queens. Its for 59.99... it was complete but had some scratches on the disc when i checked it out...

Saw it there yesterday July 19th.... don't know if its still there..

For the price of that, you should really just buy a dreamcast, a VMU, and two controllers.

The PS2 version is just horrible. I am sure you can track down the DC version on Ebay or in stores somewhere.

[quote name='Jr7891']For the price of that, you should really just buy a dreamcast, a VMU, and two controllers.

The PS2 version is just horrible. I am sure you can track down the DC version on Ebay or in stores somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. I have owned both. It's the exact same game.

I own both and I am not a fan of any system over the other, I am sorry but the dreamcast version is better (not lighyears better, but noticably better).

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']The PS2 version has a shitty frame rate, slow downs, and a shitty controller.[/quote]

I'll second that

I have the xbox version and think it plays pretty good. How is it compared to the DC ver? Just outta curiosity, why does everyone think the DC ver is the best? I've never played it.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']The PS2 version has a shitty frame rate, slow downs, and a shitty controller.[/QUOTE]

I agree with frame rate and slow down but the controller is not bad. When I don't have my joystick. The ps2 controller is just as good. This is one reason I like the ps2 version more than the xbox mvsc2.

Also you hardly notices the shitty frame rate and slow down anyway.

[quote name='zionoverfire']....except that the PS2 version plays like shit.:roll:[/QUOTE]

If that's what gets you to sleep at night after playing your dead system.

I also think the game plays better on the Dreamcast, but then again, wasn't the arcade board similiar to the Dreamcast CPU? It was released onto the Dreamcast pretty to close to the arcade launch.

Yeah, that's it. Us PS2 fanboys just roam the threads at night looking for any excuse to bring up the dreamcast and talk about how much better or worse it is than PS2 games.

Oh wait.

[quote name='Skexis']Yeah, that's it. Us PS2 fanboys just roam the threads at night looking for any excuse to bring up the dreamcast and talk about how much better or worse it is than PS2 games.

Oh wait.[/QUOTE]

No, but apparently there are some who do not consider the DC a "dead" system. And if someone can't fathom the idea of something actually being better on the Dreamcast than PS2....what exactly does that make them? I have both, but atleast I can admit each has merits and short comings.

99% of Capcom 2d fighters were better on the DC period.

I said it when Sony anounced the PS2 shortly after the DC, and say it to this day. Sony's PS2 was ahead of the Dreamcast before the PS2 was even announced officially. Sega's crappy marketing team, and Sony's team of consumer sheep saw to that.

Anyway, back on the topic, while I'd like to have the XBox version just to say I have it, 50+ bucks is just too much since I already have the DC version. You can probably buy a used DC and MvC2 for it for about the same price.
That would be the best way to go for anyone who wants it to start with IMHO.

bread's done
Back