MW2 Stimulus package...Worth it?

To me it really isnt. It's three new maps and 2 rehashed from CoD4. It's definitely not worth the 15 dollars. Now even though I say this I'll probably end up buying it as almost all my friends play CoD and I don't want to be the oddman out but by god I will complain about it!

[quote name='DM7000']To me it really isnt. It's three new maps and 2 rehashed from CoD4. It's definitely not worth the 15 dollars. Now even though I say this I'll probably end up buying it as almost all my friends play CoD and I don't want to be the oddman out but by god I will complain about it![/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat they all play and I'm pretty sure they'll get the map pack hopefully it will go on sale really quick

[quote name='TheHapaOne']I'm in the same boat they all play and I'm pretty sure they'll get the map pack hopefully it will go on sale really quick[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm really hoping it does too, although I really don't see it going on sale. Activision is just gonna milk it for all it's worth.

This is a test of precedent. You have one, if not the, biggest selling game in the world. This is a test to see if they can squeeze more $ out of the masses. People buy it, and you'll see every subsequent set of DLC at this price or more.

[quote name='cficare']This is a test of precedent. You have one, if not the, biggest selling game in the world. This is a test to see if they can squeeze more $ out of the masses. People buy it, and you'll see every subsequent set of DLC at this price or more.[/QUOTE]

well then the price is going up, lol people are going to buy it. maybe not cags but people will buy it. i got my points at a discount and id be spliting the cost, thats the only reason im considering it lol. but im also tempted to just wait for reach :) so im not sure what i will do

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']well then the price is going up, lol people are going to buy it. maybe not cags but people will buy it. i got my points at a discount and id be spliting the cost, thats the only reason im considering it lol. but im also tempted to just wait for reach :) so im not sure what i will do[/QUOTE]

Is reach really gonna be worth it? I feel like it's microsoft's attempt to regain control of their console but it's not gonna beat MW2 or i might be wrong haven't really cared to check out anything about Reach as i really hate halo 3

[quote name='cficare']This is a test of precedent. You have one, if not the, biggest selling game in the world. This is a test to see if they can squeeze more $ out of the masses. People buy it, and you'll see every subsequent set of DLC at this price or more.[/QUOTE]
Yup, which is exactly why I'm not buying it. I really hope this doesn't sell well because I'd prefer my DLC to not be 25% of the cost of the game in the future. People need to think of it in those terms... 5 maps are really worth 1/4 the cost of the retail game? Absolutely not.

[quote name='TheHapaOne']Is reach really gonna be worth it? I feel like it's microsoft's attempt to regain control of their console but it's not gonna beat MW2 or i might be wrong haven't really cared to check out anything about Reach as i really hate halo 3[/QUOTE]

to each his own i suppose, i like halo for non-competitive multiplayer with my friends. in all honesty i wasnt planing on jumping on reach, but it comes with a $20 gift card at amazon so i decided to bite lol. but for me i like modern warfare and halo, they both have their ups and downs

[quote name='One4Deuce']Yup, which is exactly why I'm not buying it. I really hope this doesn't sell well because I'd prefer my DLC to not be 25% of the cost of the game in the future. People need to think of it in those terms... 5 maps are really worth 1/4 the cost of the retail game? Absolutely not.[/QUOTE]

yeah i agree, what ill most likely end up doing is keeping my friends copy for another month or so, and then give it back and just wait for reach and see if i want to get modern warfare or not, maybe try to get a copy of battlefield 2 off of goozex, im not too far back on the wait

I think this is some ugly greed on the part of Activision, and I won't be paying full price for the maps. If it's anything like World at War, though (where we got three new standard multiplayer maps as well as a new Zombie map for $10, I'll add) they'll likely screw the have-nots with matchmaking, so I can't really blame someone who's really into MW2 for buying the pack :( So many people are just going to be buying the maps without thinking about it anyways, so those of us talking with our money probably won't be heard.

Just put the money towards BFBC2 ;)

Support this map pack now and risk paying a monthly subscription to activision for COD... Seriously they were talking about this for the next COD.

Too bad any serious MW2 will have to buy the pack. Bastards got us by the balls. :cry:

Personally I waited for CoD:MW maps to go 1/2 price and I'll do that now, too. Besides, I'm enjoying BF:BC2 too much to stress about not having the latest MW2 maps.

It seems like BFBC2 is denting them quite a bit so we'll see how they feel about the subscription service next time around... I have no intention of paying $15 for three maps, thats just pathetic. Do people seriously not know the insanely low amount of resources it takes to kick out three maps?! Personally, when everyone first started this paying money for map packs I thought $5 per person, while a little much, was fair. When they went up to $10 I figured really had no choice but to deal with it, but $15 is just way too much.

To anyone who doesn't know... I can't stress enough how little it costs them both $ wise and time wise to churn out map packs. Its insulting that they are only adding three at a time and its unforgivable that they are charging $15 for them.

[quote name='Trufatty']i rarly play cod: mw2 anyway due to all the hackers and cheaters. im hooked on BFBC2[/QUOTE]

This :)

1. If activision goes subscription with CoD, they will blow the franchise. Mark my words. It would be serverless AND subscription-based. SCIENCE, I HATE KOTICK!

2. I am really surprised at all the folks talkin about trading up for BFBC2. Surprised in a good way. It's a great game, and I'm sure EA couldn't be happier with Activision's decision.

If the map pack was like we all thought, 800, hell yeah id say its worth it. but 1200 for just 3 new maps? and 2 we played before?

fuck that. You do that and your a sucker.

[quote name='wEEman33']Save your money and use it to get BC 2.

Not only will you get a better game with BC 2, but all of the DLC will be free.[/QUOTE]

BC 2 isn't my style

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']If the map pack was like we all thought, 800, hell yeah id say its worth it. but 1200 for just 3 new maps? and 2 we played before?

fuck that. You do that and your a sucker.[/QUOTE]

^ this, buy it and it's a vote for higher prices, i just wish i liked battlefield more. then it would be so much easier. old map or not i loved crash, the helicopter one. i think we should start a boycott, simply put, not that we won't buy it, because that never works. but we won't buy it until it's repriced to 800pts. this was the map pack i purchased a 1600 pt card for, i was saving the points just for this, but i had expected it to work on this map pack and the next one. because you know there will be another. and if you pay 1200 this time, the next one will be 1200 as well.

i'll wait for a sale, i have the points but i refuse to overpay. if it had just a few spec-ops missions, 5 or so, i'd be more willing. if anything, i might go back and play WAW and get some more time with those map packs.

[quote name='TheHapaOne']I'm in the same boat they all play and I'm pretty sure they'll get the map pack hopefully it will go on sale really quick[/QUOTE]

If you mean a year from now, then yeah it will. I am not buying it, I played the shit out of that game already.

[quote name='wEEman33']Save your money and use it to get BC 2.

Not only will you get a better game with BC 2, but all of the DLC will be free.[/QUOTE]

i don't think any company is so charitable nowadays that the dlc is free (maybe i'm uninformed, but seriously all the bfbc2 dlc is going to be free, really?) and besides nobody (ok there is alway someone who wants it for free) is complaining about paying for the mw2 maps, it's just that it's so expensive.

put it this way 5 maps, 3 of which seem small but new, or shadow complex? i also had no problem with the gow2 all fronts package for 1600pts, a butt load of maps and a game chapter. 1200 is fine price, but you need to add more for that price, 5 maps not enough.

This was the deciding factor that made me trade my MW2 into gamestop when they were doing the +50% thing and buy BF BC2. I'm glad that I did that.

I don't mind the price increase too much. The other Map Packs for 800 MS points only had 3 maps anyway, so it's basically just an extra 400 points for 2 of the best maps from COD4 to be added in. Which isn't too bad since people were okay paying 800 for 3 new maps. So why not 400 for two old but classic ones?

Also to go along with the Stimulus Package they've been running a few deals on Live. Like for every month you add to your Gold account you get an extra one free. Or for people who don't have gold, if you get 12 months you get 3 extra months free as well as an avatar costume and blast shield prop. You also don't have to purchase it directly from Microsoft with a credit card, it works for codes you redeem as well.

Thanks for the input everyone I honestly think MW2 will be the last cod game I get and definitely not going to get the map pack now BF BC2 might be the next game I picked up I it's something new to get used to since I always got cod and the demo wasn't bad

the 5 maps cod is releasing look good and i dont have a problem paying for them personilly but the subscription activision wants from its fans is nothing but stupid on their part. the map price and subscription price are basically just driving all of cod's fans over to bfbc2

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/01/activisions-bobby-kotick-brings-cash-but-not-heart.ars

http://www.destructoid.com/kotick-i-would-raise-game-prices-higher-if-i-could-143049.phtml

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.155425-Bobby-Kotick-The-coolest-dude-ever

oh boy, welcome to a year ago guys!

you guys are late to the party!

too bad i expected this from Kotick a year ago. Activision is NOT gettin a single penny from me until the CEO is kicked out. The same reason i avoided MW2 like the plague.

all of you buy their dlc from activision games should now know better after reading those articles

Going to skip this map pack until they reduce the price or bundle it with the 2nd map pack they are working on... Its out of principle not even because I'm too cheap.

I'm a serious fan of MW2... but i will not buy the stimulus package at 15 bucks... maybe if it was at 10 then i might fall and buy it but hell no at 15.

I hate that they call it the stimulus package and charge an unreasonable price for it they should pay us to use it if it's a stimulus package

[quote name='TheHapaOne']I hate that they call it the stimulus package and charge an unreasonable price for it they should pay us to use it if it's a stimulus package[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with a name like Stimulus Package it should be free.

it's clearly their stimulus not ours.

like activision needs it, it's a sick joke.

it's insult to injury and kotick laughs all the way to the bank.

No, they should be supporting the community. Map packs should be free, Rainbow Six Vegas did it. You are basically paying for multiplayer since the lackluster single player sure isn't going to be moving the game off any shelves. For a $60 MP experience, kicking us a few maps every 6 months seems entirely reasonable.

look at how valve software has handled all of their games... look at all of the add ons maps content etc for team fortress 2... oh my god fk the stimulus pack i wont be paying unfortunately and yes i do enjoy mw2, i will pay $7.49 when it goes on a half off sale in 6 months :\

It really doesn't seem like it's worth the 1200 points. Three new maps and two remakes? Could be better. You'd be better off buying a new arcade game with that amount of points.

dont buy it guys. i would hve bought them at 800

1. its not worth 1200 msp (3 new and 2 old photoshopped)
2. if you buy now at 1200, they will charge you more for the next one
3. the more people boycott this, it will make them reduce the price quicker
4. save the five bucks and grab a nice sandwich anywhere(value for money here!)

bread's done
Back