MW3 Hardened Edition at Target for 99.99

Walked in @ opening time 8am and got my Hardened Edition, hassle free. No Pre order, no questions asked, no excuses or anything. They had 4 available and the lady was going to let me buy them all but I didn't feel (nor see) the point in hoarding them. Might be the last choice for now to find the H.E. as it's sold out everywhere else in my area.

I tried calling a local Target in Phoenix, AZ. This is what the clerk in electronics told me: "We have Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4, but no MW3." Really?! Great customer service idiot! You might be better off checking the stores on your own. Good luck CAGs!

My Target had 1 of each when I went in around 11. Picked up the 360 version but since I already have a standard edition coming from Amazon, I may return it.

Baaaaaaaaaaa. What a rip for a game made by people no one has ever heard of. Lol at quick scopin and aim assist in a game. What a bunch of suckers.

Target saved my butt today....these HE's were sold out EVERYWHERE around my area; even the one K-Mart that was gettiing some apparently had a few people lined up when they opened to grab the 4 they were allotted. Strolled into Target around 15 minutes after opening today, and was happy to see 3 PS3 copies still available. They did limit my purchase to one, so I had to call a buddy and tell him he was SOL, since he was stuck in class. Went out of town to the 2nd closest Target a few hours later, and managed to stumble across their last PS3 HE, and, luckily, it wasn't even spider-wrapped!

I got to Target at around 7:45, a couple people were waiting with me. They opened the other set of doors first, and I ended up third in line. They have 2 hardened copies, so I missed out.

Just went to Target and picked mine up. It was the last copy. Thanks OP! I forgot about target, I would have been stuck with the regular edition and forced to buy the elite thing.

[quote name='aircobra']My Target had 1 of each when I went in around 11. Picked up the 360 version but since I already have a standard edition coming from Amazon, I may return it.[/QUOTE]

you might want to check ebay

[quote name='trent82']you might want to check ebay[/QUOTE]

I just checked eBay, averaging around $150 with free shipping. The game cost $100 plus tax, after fees and shipping doesn't seem worth the hassle.

well if anyone is not interested in keeping their hardened edition or has a target near them that is selling it, Ill gladly pay the cost +tax+shipping for it.

Oh a steelbook case & a bunch of making of/trailer videos & other worthless crap you can watch on Youtube if you so choose.

God, the MW 3 fanbase is fucking pathetic & loose with their wallets.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Mine hasn't yet, but they are backordered so why would they?[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for my Forza 4 LE that showed "In Stock" from Target.com - it still hasn't shipped, I haven't received a reply from an inquiry asking what's going on, and I need to re-check, but I could swear my credit card was charged after placing the order last month. Hopefully I am the exception and not the norm.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Oh a steelbook case & a bunch of making of/trailer videos & other worthless crap you can watch on Youtube if you so choose.

God, the MW 3 fanbase is fucking pathetic & loose with their wallets.[/QUOTE]

The extras suck, but it's still a decent deal.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']The extras suck, but it's still a decent deal.[/QUOTE]

You save $10 on elite and get the extras but charging $50 for the membership is crap. I really wish people didn't buy into this, it is just going to open up a door for other developers in the future. When games on consoles begin with the whole "P2P" concept, I think I'll be done with gaming. I never got the map packs for Black Ops since they never went on sale so the elite membership has little to offer me.

[quote name='skiizim']I just checked eBay, averaging around $150 with free shipping. The game cost $100 plus tax, after fees and shipping doesn't seem worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Oh a steelbook case & a bunch of making of/trailer videos & other worthless crap you can watch on Youtube if you so choose.

God, the MW 3 fanbase is fucking pathetic & loose with their wallets.[/QUOTE]

If you ship internationally you'll get $190+. Once 11/13/11 hits the price will increase again.

Hate. Hate. Hate. I know their are no dragons, talking vegetables, or ninjas in Call of Duty but I still don't understand why people hate so much on the franchise. It is very profitable; who knew? I mean most young boys grow up playing army, cops and robbers, war, etc. Sounds like a good formula to me.

I have seen thread after thread of people calling this game crap, the hardened edition crap, worthless and that'll be on store shelves for months to come.

Okay :roll:

way to show your intelligence.

[quote name='skiizim']You save $10 on elite and get the extras but charging $50 for the membership is crap. I really wish people didn't buy into this, it is just going to open up a door for other developers in the future. When games on consoles begin with the whole "P2P" concept, I think I'll be done with gaming. I never got the map packs for Black Ops since they never went on sale so the elite membership has little to offer me.[/QUOTE]

You don't buy DLC? Do you wait for the GOTY editions to come out? Every major gaming franchise has some sort of add-ons in the form of DLC. Sporting games, RPG's, Fighters, Shooters, etc. etc.

I loved the days when it was standard for a console to come with a game and two controllers.. but that is in the past.

If I had to compare you to anything it would be that annoying little itch on my ball sack that I can't seem to make go away.

As for that "magical $190" mark sold to a guy with a feedback score of 2, how is that for intelligent. I don't need to rely on trying to scavenge for this game to make this money, I have a job for that.

EDIT: Never said I didn't buy DLC, I prefer to pay for it a discounted price.

Been looking for the HE for like 2 weeks online. Wanted to preorder from TRU or Target, but neither had it available. Just to same myself the driving around town I double checked after midnight and caught it on Target's site. I think for the money it is a hell of a deal. I always ask for MS points for xmas/bithdays as to pay for map packs, so in the long run the extras are not that great, but the Elite at a cheaper price, its cool. I even got the Gears 3 pass to save on future DLC.

[quote name='GBAstar']If you ship internationally you'll get $190+. Once 11/13/11 hits the price will increase again.

Hate. Hate. Hate. I know their are no dragons, talking vegetables, or ninjas in Call of Duty but I still don't understand why people hate so much on the franchise. It is very profitable; who knew? I mean most young boys grow up playing army, cops and robbers, war, etc. Sounds like a good formula to me.

I have seen thread after thread of people calling this game crap, the hardened edition crap, worthless and that'll be on store shelves for months to come.

Okay :roll:

way to show your intelligence.[/QUOTE]

Great post. I personally love CoD and while I disagree with the current business model in videogames, DLC, Day 1 patches, etc, I will continue to support CoD so that it continues to get sequels.

To all the people saying this is a terrible "collectors edition", well, math is obviously not your strong suit. The people buying the hardened edition are people obviously looking to get all the DLC in the future, so by getting the Hardened edition we save money. So instead of getting worthless RC cars or statues, we get actual value. Say what you will about how you think that elite is a ripoff, but the current and future business model is that game companies will continue to put out DLC and will offer these services that give you not only the DLC, but also access to things similar to Elite.

Also, didnt they say something about the Hardened editon being a limited print during the IGN Livestream? I realize they could have been blowing smoke, but that seems to lend some weight to it.

[quote name='trent82']you might want to check ebay[/QUOTE]

Not interested. If I end up selling it, I will just look to get my money back plus the cost of shipping. I hate ebay anyways between the fees and paypal holding money now, it's not worth the hassle.

If anyone finds a 360 copy laying around their Target or anywhere, I'm interested in buying at a reasonable price.

No luck anywhere this morning at Target, Walmart, etc. Sometimes living in a big city is a bummer!

[quote name='skiizim']If I had to compare you to anything it would be that annoying little itch on my ball sack that I can't seem to make go away.

As for that "magical $190" mark sold to a guy with a feedback score of 2, how is that for intelligent. I don't need to rely on trying to scavenge for this game to make this money, I have a job for that.

EDIT: Never said I didn't buy DLC, I prefer to pay for it a discounted price.[/QUOTE]

There was no need to hunt for this to make money. It's called locking in on Amazon many months ago. But wait.. it was MSRP! And God forbid we pay MSRP for anything! Everyone on this site could have had this at their doorstop Tuesday for $99.99. Everyone had the opportunity but we had all the dbags telling everyone and their mothers no to buy it for the following reason:

This game sucks
Activision sucks
MSRP does not = a deal
It will be reprinted
Their will be a surplus
etc. etc. etc.

^ Sound advice

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']do you guys think that target will star sending out shipment confirmations tomorrow? (for people who ordered before the item went on backorder)[/QUOTE]

I said F that. I got my ass up to Target early so I could cancel my order. Paid off with 2 copies.

I preordered MW3 Hardened Edition at Gamestop not realizing that I got it for xbox 360. I got a regular edition already for PS3 at midnight @ TRU. I paid it off already but haven't picked it up yet. Any ideas what I should do with it? Are they really sold out everywhere?

[quote name='Waynetid']Just got the confirmation that my order shipped.[/QUOTE]

You serious? I ordered my 2 weeks ago from Target & still have gotten not shipment confirmation.
What a load of croak.

Might as well cancel my order & just buy the regular edition.

i got a ps3 copy at a local store everything store walmart,target,and gamestop sold out withing 100 miles now. i have some ordered from target before they backordered so heres to see if they come.

[quote name='mgford11']I got a backorder notice today; I cancelled my order; Found one in store yesterday morning.[/QUOTE]

This is bullshit, I ordered 2 freaking weeks before the game was released & I got a notice the game will ship on the 25th.

fuck that, order cancelled. IF I get lucky, I'll pick it up at a store. Otherwise it's regular edition for me.

Ughhh i ended up spending my Assassins Creed and Skyrim money on 2 copies of hardened editon for the ps3 and xbox360 by accident! What am i gonna do with this xbox360 trash???? lol idk i guess ill look around school for someone 2 buy it

There's one at my store here, PS3 Edition. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. I'll pick it up for cost + shipping and $5 for lunch. :D

PM Sent.
Thanks

[quote name='orochi']There's one at my store here, PS3 Edition. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. I'll pick it up for cost + shipping and $5 for lunch. :D[/QUOTE]

I think there is still people with Mass Effect 2 CE's on backorder with Target.com. Don't trust them for CE's... These were actually pretty easy to find at Target B&M's yesterday, because I think a lot of the general CoD-playing populace didn't even think to check there for the HE's. I went to my closest store about 20-30 minutes after opening, and they still had 3 of 4 copies they got (sold the 1 xbox copy and had 3 PS3's left); this guy came over as I was trying to get two for my buddy and I and told me I could only have 1 because "I think there's supposed to be limited or something...". Then I went to a Target out of town about 5 hours later, and they still had 1 PS3 copy left. Finally, I swung back by the original Target after work, about 30 minutes to close, and they still had 1 PS3 copy left!

It did kind of have a bizzaro world feeling though, as you were seemingly able to waltz into any Target around town and find one, because all of the other stores would laugh at you for even asking about getting one at the midnight releases, and even the one K-Mart that got stock of HE's had a line at open to snag the 4 HE's they had.

Still waiting on Mass Effect 2....? God damn, I'm never going to get this game am I?

It gave me an estimated shipping date though, so who knows, I'll keep the faith for now.

My target was sold out within minutes, my Walmart didn't receive any, and I didn't even try gamestop cause I knew they'd be gone.

Edit: Just noticed Gamestop.com has these on Backorder as well, I placed an order there too. Target or Gamestop, who will ship first?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sgaldis']I think there is still people with Mass Effect 2 CE's on backorder with Target.com. Don't trust them for CE's... These were actually pretty easy to find at Target B&M's yesterday, because I think a lot of the general CoD-playing populace didn't even think to check there for the HE's. I went to my closest store about 20-30 minutes after opening, and they still had 3 of 4 copies they got (sold the 1 xbox copy and had 3 PS3's left); this guy came over as I was trying to get two for my buddy and I and told me I could only have 1 because "I think there's supposed to be limited or something...". Then I went to a Target out of town about 5 hours later, and they still had 1 PS3 copy left. Finally, I swung back by the original Target after work, about 30 minutes to close, and they still had 1 PS3 copy left!

It did kind of have a bizzaro world feeling though, as you were seemingly able to waltz into any Target around town and find one, because all of the other stores would laugh at you for even asking about getting one at the midnight releases, and even the one K-Mart that got stock of HE's had a line at open to snag the 4 HE's they had.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. I didn't even need to waste my time waiting at Target. No one was there to get the HE at 8AM. Grabbed my 2 and left. Both are already sold.

Earlier that night at Best Buy, I couldn't get one because they had some holds, and the 2 available sold fast. Luckily getting there early got me out fast because they were so slow ringing people up.

[quote name='MoonSpoon']Yeah, looks like you can order the 360 version on backorder, which means you can't use the $15 off.[/QUOTE]

Can you actually order it? I can put it in my cart but can't go any farther than that.

[quote name='sasuke543']Anyone have a PS3 hardened edition want to trade for a XBOX hardened edition that I currently have?[/QUOTE]

pm'd

bread's done
Back