MW3 Hardened Edition at Target for 99.99

[quote name='GnarKills']It's not out of print. It never was....gamestop stopped taking preorders to create more demand in my opinion. My gamestop has a handful of 360 and ps3 hardened editions left.[/QUOTE]

What a laughable statement.

Your "opinion" is wrong. And your GS has a "handful" of Hardened left because people who pre-ordered them didn't pick them up. *Gasp* that never happens!

[quote name='wuxbustah8']My gamestop laughed at me when I asked if they had any.[/QUOTE]
Maybe your fly was down. . . They actually had several left but you ran out too fast.

[quote name='GnarKills']It's not out of print. It never was....gamestop stopped taking preorders to create more demand in my opinion. My gamestop has a handful of 360 and ps3 hardened editions left.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is a conspiracy! Gamestop, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Walmart, Target, Amazon, and many others ALL stopped taking preorders early because they just wanted to drive up the demand for a product they no longer have and won't be getting more of.

They do this because they want to regulate the resale market. Why? That is a secret they will take to their graves.

My local Gamestop had both PS3 and Xbox 360 Hardened editions available for sale. I already have the vanila 360 version, so I passed. I think they made a lot of these and maybe the price will come down later around Black Friday or Christmas. I noticed that the resale price is coming down as well on ebay. A few days ago it seems they were selling for around $160 shipped, now they are closer to $130. I suppose a lot were purchased for speculation. Time will tell...

The real test will be next week when the average Joe's lose their chance to have the super-uber elite Founder's status. The only way to have this distinguished virtual honor will be via the Hardened Edition after the 13th.

[quote name='sgaldis']The real test will be next week when the average Joe's lose their chance to have the super-uber elite Founder's status. The only way to have this distinguished virtual honor will be via the Hardened Edition after the 13th.[/QUOTE]

From what i saw, Activision will be extending the period to become a founder until the end of the month because of all the problems with elite so far. If you signed up already your membership will be extended by an additional 30 days.

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/status

I have a hardened edition on hold at cary nc best buy that should be back on shelves. I am cancelling my preorder on the way home from work today, decided not to buy it

I see Amazon and TRU have the Hardened Editions back in stock. I'd say the days to flip this (unless to clueless folk) is over for awhile.

Rofl. Stopped by target last night and they had a repackaged harden on the shelves for $80.

I walked to CS and told the agent that if it was complete then I would buy it. I also said that I would enter the codes there after purchase and if they didn't work I would get a refund. Manager got called and they finally agreed.

So they open it to find that it is gutted of the elite codes, founder tag and steelbook. Instead there was an unwrapped regular copy(still had seal from MS on it but could have easily been reapplied) and the field journal.

Manager asked "this acceptable". Taking it he knew nothing about gaming. He was rather mad when I told him what it should have in it.

Oh well

That's terrible, but I've seen many action figures returned to stores like Target where someone has taken great time to save $6 on a figure and swap it out with some old crappy figure they had.

A friend of mine got a Dremel for Christmas one year, only to find a block of wood inside the perfectly resealed boxed. What people will do to steal stuff.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Rofl. Stopped by target last night and they had a repackaged harden on the shelves for $80.

I walked to CS and told the agent that if it was complete then I would buy it. I also said that I would enter the codes there after purchase and if they didn't work I would get a refund. Manager got called and they finally agreed.

So they open it to find that it is gutted of the elite codes, founder tag and steelbook. Instead there was an unwrapped regular copy(still had seal from MS on it but could have easily been reapplied) and the field journal.

Manager asked "this acceptable". Taking it he knew nothing about gaming. He was rather mad when I told him what it should have in it.

Oh well[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be easy to scan that item and see who has returned it recently?

[quote name='confoosious']Wouldn't it be easy to scan that item and see who has returned it recently?[/QUOTE]

UPC's don't work like that. They could see when it was returned by scanning the UPC, but they'll have to go through the daily transactions to see who returned it, if they even documented it (or if he paid in cash and got a cash refund).

[quote name='confoosious']Wouldn't it be easy to scan that item and see who has returned it recently?[/QUOTE]

I assume they can look it up. But if the store accepted it back he could just claim that he returned it complete.

Only thing they could do is flag the customer to prevent future incidents. Unless he paid cash.

Sadly, Target and walmart are easily duped. I bought a Halo Reach Legendary edition when they went on clearance at target. Brought it home, and there was nothing in the box except the statue. Even though the seals were intact on the sides, the bottom flap was easily undone, and they pulled everything from the bottom, stole the game and codes, and put the statue back in and refolded the flaps. Apparently they returned it as new and got their money back.

So when I bought it, I took it home, and find just the statue. I get really worried that they wont take it back, because they will think I did it, but nope. They told me "Maybe that's why it was discounted, because it's missing items."

I hate people like that and hope they burn in hell.

The worst part isn't the store, it's the fact that the next honest guy who buys it is gonna have problems.

[quote name='spideymike']Hmmmm...appears the Hardened Editions for :360: and :ps3: are sold out on TRU.com.[/QUOTE]
Amazon sold out of the :ps3: version too. Only :360: version left.

bread's done
Back