My 1st Time being Scammed On CAG...Thanks To Spacecadet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmega

CAGiversary!
Feedback
329 (100%)
So this guy posted in the gamestop coupon trading thread sunday that he had 22,000 PUR points that he was wanting to sell for whatever type of coupon you wanted to get.So I message him and set up a trade for him two purchase me to of the 25% off preowned games SOTW. He sends the codes I send him the money all is well and trade complete right?So I go to gamestop today to use the coupons and the manager tells me they have already been used.So now I'm sitting in the store looking like I'm trying to pull a fast one over on them.I messages the guy a few minutes ago as he was online at the time to no surprise he doesnt  message back before he jumps offline.My question is are people that hard up for money they would scam for anything?I mean I only sent the dude $10 but it's the point do some people not have morals or what?Anyway just warning you guys this guy is definitely one you don't want to do anykind of trading with here

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully you already contacted a mod about this.

Also, wth does "he 000278910351 message back before he jumps offline" supposed to mean?

I'm a bit confused.

How long have you actually given the person to respond to you, and did he actually respond back to you?  I can't really understand some of the details in your story.

Actually I haven't if you could point me in the direction of one I would appreciate it.This guy needs an ip ban I even asked him did anyone else have access to the codes and he told me no he didn't have any need for them since all his money was tied up in preorders on next-gen but he still felt the need to want to steal a measly $10 from me *slow clap* to you sir you just completed the robbery of a lifetime.

I'm just wondering how many more got scammed by him these last couple of days

Hopefully you already contacted a mod about this.

Also, wth does "he 000278910351 message back before he jumps offline" supposed to mean?

I'm a bit confused.

How long have you actually given the person to respond to you, and did he actually respond back to you? I can't really understand some of the details in your story.
He didnt respond back those numbers must have got auto posted since I made the post from my phone.I sent him a message about the codes not working about a hour ago.I bought them sunday why would they be used unless he sold them to someone else also or used them himself.And no he hasnt responed I'm pretty sure he will be a ghost now

He didnt respond back those numbers must have got auto posted since I made the post from my phone.I sent him a message about the codes not working about a hour ago.I bought them sunday why would they be used unless he sold them to someone else also or used them himself.And no he hasnt responed I'm pretty sure he will be a ghost now
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/16370-shrike4242/

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/28477-pookymeister/

Both will be able to help you with your problem.

Sounds like you may be jumping the gun. He may not have seen your message before logging off. He may be following up with GameStop to find out what is going on. It's been less than a day, give it some time.

Sounds like you may be jumping the gun. He may not have seen your message before logging off. He may be following up with GameStop to find out what is going on. It's been less than a day, give it some time.
That's understandable but I highly doubt it seeing he was just online 5 mins ago and still haven't replied to my PMs.

Banned Spacecadet, aka barnabyjones aka SackManBoy. So if you paid with a payment method that allows a chargeback/dispute - i'd recommend doing it soon.

Banned Spacecadet, aka barnabyjones aka SackManBoy. So if you paid with a payment method that allows a chargeback/dispute - i'd recommend doing it soon.
Pooky, how come you guys don't IP ban more people? I know there are ways to get around an IP ban but it would at least help against the truly stupid.

None of them were banned, just in trading timeout. He was IP banned. Prior to CAG 3.0, mods couldn't IP ban so easier now to keep them out.

Thanks for handling that for me and the many others that have been scammed by him. I sent him a amazon Giftcard(which in hindsight makes a lot of sense seeing that's all sackmanboy use to plead for in trades) I don't want to do a chargeback or dispute it to get my amazon account banned so I will chalk it up as a lost since other than this one member the community has been good to me so I will just call it paying my dues even though I would have rather given it away in a contest or something rather than have somebody steal it from me. Gotta learn from experience tho right? Anyway thanks again pooky and hopefully this will help from anybody getting scammed by him again in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back