My 360 just RROD, how can I tell if my extended warranty has expired?

DemonAlcohol

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Well my 360 just went out, 3 red rings of death. I was living in denial, thinking that this couldn't happen to me.

How can I tell when the extended warranty is up? I don't remember when I bought it exactly, however, I think it was Holiday season the year after the initial release. I don't want to send this thing in only to have them tell me I gotta pay to fix it. I'd rather just open it up right now and attempt to fix it and if that fails, trade it into Gamestop toward a new arcade with HDMI.

EDIT: Any chance of them sending me a different console? Besides the RROD, the DVD tray has problems including giving 'dirty disc' messages and not retrieving the tray when pressing the eject button.

When you call 1-800-MY- XBOX you will be told if your console is under warranty. Calling is the only way to get the shipping label or box.

Yeah, you need to call in and they'll be able to tell you.

Also, you do know that Gamestop, surprisingly, does check to see if it looks like the console was opened. If they even suspect that it might have, they'll refuse the trade.

You can go to the support page on xbox.com and fill out a repair request and it will tell you if fixing the problem will cost you anything.

it is 3 years so you are good unless you brought it around launch. Also they give you a new dvd drive.

If you open your Xbox 360 you will void all MS support. You will not even be able to pay them to fix it.
I do not see the problem with calling them - launch 360s have only started expiring over the past 30-days.

The phone number is 1-800-4MYXBOX. Someone forgot the 4 in their post earlier.

Not true. I just got my 360 back from repairs done entirely through the website forms with no call or email. I received both a box and label and had no issue with the RRoD repair....though now it's showing signs of another problem.

[quote name='Zyzomys']When you call 1-800-MY- XBOX you will be told if your console is under warranty. Calling is the only way to get the shipping label or box.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back