My 3d mark score just dropped 2000 points

munoi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey guys how's it going. I noticed my computer was running a little slow this past week in games, programs, etc so I decided to run 3d mark and see if it had the same problems. When I checked my score it was 6650; previously my score was around the upper 8000s. So whats the problem? is it windows, is it my hardware, I really need to know what I should attempt to replace before I put out any money.

Well here's my spec list
1.83 ghz Core 2 duo
8800 gt 512
Windows Xp
Abit motherboard
5 GB of free space.

I'd really appreciate any insight

Did you use the same version (year) of 3Dmark? Also, did you change the settings?

That is odd that it happened, sounds like some software issue. My 3Dmarks always stayed pretty consistent (+/- 2% usually).

First try defragmenting your hard drive... 5 GB free is really low.

It might be dust, leading to overheating and perhaps slower cspeed? If your PC seems dusty it would probably be worth it to clean it.

Thanks for the insights; really appreciate it.

To Moxio: it was the 06 version; though It seems that they've upgraded their results page I'm prety sure it was the same type of test I took back in Oct.

To Vinny: Actually this was right after I defragmented my hard drive, since I thought that might fix the slow down. As for the dust I'll admit my room is pretty dusty, but is that really the cause for the low scores/slow down.

I was thinking about just reformting all together and seeing if that'll change anything, but since I lost my windows cd that'll run me about $100, so I'm really hoping its just the dust.

Thanks

bread's done
Back