My bad day with Microsoft

malik61798

CAG Veteran
I preordered Black Ops 2 on October 9th and now they send me mail saying my bank did not authorize the order and now its cancelled. Also, I cant buy the game with the promotions now. Look at the chat:
Thank you for choosing Microsoft Store. An Answer Tech will be with you shortly.
Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Kelsey'.
Kelsey: Thanks for contacting Microsoft Store Chat, my name is Kelsey! How can I help you today?
You: My Call of Duty Black Ops 2 was cancelled today, which is the day of release. Why?
Kelsey: I'd be happy to help you with your Xbox related inquiry today!
Kelsey: Do you have your order number?
Malik: Yes it is MS************
Kelsey: Before I can discuss the order I will need your full name, billing address, phone number, and email address.
Malik: mkha********@*****.com
Kelsey: Okay the order here failed to authorize payment at the time of shipment.
Malik: Yea I have a question: WHy did they notify me on the release date? I preordered it October 9 and now I have to go somehere else to buy it
Kelsey: We don't charge you until the preorder goes to ship out. At that time we were not able to authorize the payment.
Malik: Can I still order Black Ops2 with the promotions?
Kelsey: I would need to transfer you to our Customer Service chat to see if they have that option available to you.
Malik: Okay
Kelsey: One moment.
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the appropriate group.
Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Diane'.
Diane: Hello, thank you for visiting Microsoft Store web site. My name is Diane. How may I help you today?
Malik: Yes I have a question. My order for Call of Duty:Black Ops 2 was cancelled today, and I do not know why
Diane: I understand you're having concerns with the order
Diane: Let me check why it was canceled
Diane: May I have your full name and the order number please?
Malik: Malik Khan, MS*************
Diane: Thank you
Diane: For verification : Can i ask your email address and last 4 digits of the credit card?
Malik: mkhan*******@*****.com , ****
Diane: please give me 2 minutes to check your order
Diane: Thank you for waiting
Diane: as I did check here
Diane: order was canceled
Malik: Why
Diane: it was canceled due to your payment method, not being authorized.
Diane: You may contact your Financial Institution...
Malik: and what should I ask
Diane: you can verify why the order was canceled..
Diane: If you want I can reprocess the order for you
Malik: Will I still get the promotions?
Diane: Let me go ahead and check it for you
Diane: Thanks
Diane: Thank you for waiting
Diane: as I did check
Diane: I can only reprocess the order but the $25 promo code , it will not included..
Diane: since today is the release date..
Malik: the promo was 1600 Microsoft poitns and a 10 dollar coupon for Microsoft store
Diane: the same thing
Diane: all the promo codes will not be applied
Malik: Is there any way that my credit card company processes back the order?
Diane: you can contact them for more information
Malik: If they allow the order, will I still get my promos?
Diane: you can ask it to the\m
Diane: but on our end, it wont allow us though
Malik: What do you mean?
Diane: to reprocess the order with the promo code
Diane: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Malik: So if my credit card company allows the order, I wouldnt get the promo?
Diane: we are not sure how they process it
Diane: the reason why the order was canceled, because, the shipment is today and your card did not authorize the payment
Malik: Do you think there are any reasons why they might have not authorized my order?
Diane: please check your bank
Diane: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Malik: No thank you
Diane: Thank you for chatting with Microsoft Store, this is Diane again. Have a wonderful day! Take care.

-And yes, "Diane" made spelling errors

You removed those quick, lol. That was too much info for public!

Did you call your bank? If it wasn't their fault, you should find a Microsoft number to call and speak to a manager.

[quote name='malik61798']Your welcome hit me up anytime but right now Microsoft just took a sh*t on me[/QUOTE]

Diane: order was canceled
Malik: Why
Diane: it was canceled due to your payment method, not being authorized.
Diane: You may contact your Financial Institution...
Malik: and what should I ask
Diane: you can verify why the order was canceled..

So, did you?

Sounds like you screwed yourself. Not ms fault you don't have enough money to give to that sack of shit bobby kotick for another pos cod....

My order was cancelled too for the same reason, though I definitely had the funds for it. Lost my $10 promo code I used, gonna be giving them a call tomorrow and bitching at them until I get another $10 credit at the very least. Here I was all anticipating the game, now I have to find another way to buy it, bullshit.

Not their fault your card was turned down. They have no way to know why your bank declined payment. Your fault or your banks fault, not Microsoft's.

[quote name='Bing147']Not their fault your card was turned down. They have no way to know why your bank declined payment. Your fault or your banks fault, not Microsoft's.[/QUOTE]

I am inclined to think it actually was their fault, as I have several other games preordered with other sites that have been shipped through fine, and even Borderlands 2 with them that placed and shipped fine. But okay.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I am inclined to think it actually was their fault, as I have several other games preordered with other sites that have been shipped through fine, and even Borderlands 2 with them that placed and shipped fine. But okay.[/QUOTE]

All MS does is send the payment request, and if the bank denies it, there's nothing MS can do. In my line of work, I deal with bank traneactions on a daily basis. Ive seen banks approve transactions for an account 99 times, and then deny the 100th one. I've seen requests get denied because when typing in a billing address, the person put a period at the end of ST, but the bank has it without a period. Banks are 100% by the letter.

As for not cancelling it until release day...what do you expect? No online business charges for something until the item ships. And if they did charge you early, you'd complain about that.

Take the reps advice and call your bank.

[quote name='malik61798']
Diane: I can only reprocess the order but the $25 promo code , it will not included..
Diane: since today is the release date..
Malik: the promo was 1600 Microsoft poitns and a 10 dollar coupon for Microsoft store
Diane: the same thing
Diane: all the promo codes will not be applied
[/QUOTE]

What she meant to say was "all your promo code belong to Microsoft".

bread's done
Back