My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Picked it up for 99 cents over at Amazon this morning. MUCH improved over his last album. If you're a fan, it's worth a listen.

[quote name='Strell']Kanye West would.[/QUOTE]

He wrote a song about how he's a douchebag.

Also the album is amazing.

Lost in the World ftw.

Absolutely love it.

As a huge Kanye fan, even I'll admit he's a tool at times. But it makes for hilarious television moments.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Actually, he kind of admitted to it too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']He wrote a song about how he's a douchebag.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

Don't dismiss this CD just because Kanye is a douche. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy may be the greatest rap album ever.

I was surprised at how damn good this album turned out to be. I've been hitting the songs on repeat over and over for hours now.

[quote name='Rozz']I was surprised at how damn good this album turned out to be. I've been hitting the songs on repeat over and over for hours now.[/QUOTE]

I can't stop listening to So Appalled! It's funny, Power and Monster sold me on that album. But those two tracks aren't even my favorites on the CD. Beautiful album. Hoping to convince my girlfriend to listen to it during the break (she HATES Kanye).

[quote name='kburns10']I can't stop listening to So Appalled! It's funny, Power and Monster sold me on that album. But those two tracks aren't even my favorites on the CD. Beautiful album. Hoping to convince my girlfriend to listen to it during the break (she HATES Kanye).[/QUOTE]

haha. Same here. I've got a long trip ahead of me tomorrow and I'm planning on slipping it into the rotation when we're in the car. Power is one of my favs so far.

Music reviews cannot be compared to videogame reviews in my opinion. People can come to a general consensus that a game is flat out garbage or that a game is damn worth playing.

For music what sounds terrible to one person may be amazing for the next person, and vice-versa.

[quote name='antlp89']Music reviews cannot be compared to videogame reviews in my opinion. People can come to a general consensus that a game is flat out garbage or that a game is damn worth playing.

For music what sounds terrible to one person may be amazing for the next person, and vice-versa.[/QUOTE]

That's because games are usually simple minded and so are the reviewers.

I bought the album for $0.99 cents and it is amazing !!!

Seriously I haven't had this much fun listening to music since the Beatles Collection :lol:

but seriously it is awesome !

This album is almost genre-bending, so I wouldn't just call it a "rap" album..

It's also easily the album of the year and going to be very hard for him to ever top

Even Pitchfork gave it a 10.0, which is mindblowing.

"Hell of a Life" is unreal.

This album showcases why Kanye is relevant in the game. Listen to that opening track "Dark Fantasy" and say that beat didn't drive you crazy. "Blame Game" is another crazy track with John Legend. With all this Drake and weak hip hop bullshit, this album shines. Go get this, Llyod Banks and Kid Cudi and support hip hop the way it should be.

Love the cameo by Chris Rock at the end of "Blame Game". The song was so melancholy it needed some comic relief.

Lol at the people dismissing this because they "hate" kanye. If you actually knew Kanye, you wouldn't think he is as big of a jerk as people make him out to be. That being said, he is still kind of a jerk ;)

Been listening to the album for a few weeks now, and it is definitely a great album. Kanye is a musical genius -- if you don't agree with that you can eat my diarrhea.

[quote name='dramasetter929']This album showcases why Kanye is relevant in the game. Listen to that opening track "Dark Fantasy" and say that beat didn't drive you crazy. "Blame Game" is another crazy track with John Legend. With all this Drake and weak hip hop bullshit, this album shines. Go get this, Llyod Banks and Kid Cudi and support hip hop the way it should be.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO, look at this kid! How are you going to say Drake is weak, and then put Cudi out as real hip hop? Drakes Thank Me Later is actually a great album, its just that for whatever reason, it is now cool to "hate" Drake. Cudi is a great artist, but he is hip-hops equivalent of alternative rock. Not to mention, his new album doesn't even hold a candle to TML.

Overall, it's been a great year for Hip Hop. Kanye, Cudi, Drake, and BoB put out great albums, with only Kanye's album being as hip-hop as people expected, but nonetheless, those 4 albums have been on repeat all year for me.

[quote name='lombarvm']My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy may be the greatest rap album ever.[/QUOTE]
Yo lombarvm, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) is the best rap album of all time!

The album is pretty good. I wouldn't call it my album of the year but still an overall good album. All of the Lights is the best track IMO.

As for the comments I have seen...
Drake = garbage. I can't believe they gave him a record contract; let alone radio play.
Kid Cudi's second album = Terrible.
Hip Hop for the most part has been dead for years with a few good tracks sprinkled in.

hilarious how most of the comments in this thread have nothing to do with the album....but with how they feel about the guy

hrm

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Yo lombarvm, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) is the best rap album of all time![/QUOTE]
No....because it's not even the best WU album (Ironman > Enter)

In fact.....there are few albums that can hold a candle to Ironman!

But I digress...

bread's done
Back