My best craigslist find EVER - gameboy games $5

Synergy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I got the greatest craigslist find ever tonight.

Someone posted the following ad listed for $10:

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/ele/771210635.html

"Old school gameboy. There are a couple thin blank lines on the the right of the screen, but they don't really affect gameplay. Other than that, it works great. Games: Super Mario Land, Donkey Kong Land III, Kirby's Dream Land, Tetris, Tetris Plus, Tetris Attack, Pokemon Blue and Yellow, and MouseTrap Hotel"

So I emailed saying I was interested and could come pick them up ASAP. She emailed me back saying someone had claimed the games (of course), but if I wanted the gameboy I could have it for free. So I emailed her back and told her I was more interested in the games, but thank you.

Anyway, the next day I get an email saying the person who claimed them couldn't come get them until later in the week and they were up for grabs. Since I didn't want the gameboy, she'd only charge me $5. I couldn't believe my luck - all those games for $5. So I emailed her and told her I'd definitely come. She said she would leave them hanging on her doorknob, since no one came into her hallway, and I could slip the $5 under her door.

I drive there, totally excited, and see the bag hanging on her door knob. I peer inside the bag and see NINE TOTALLY BOXED GAMEBOY GAMES! Donkey Kong Land III is still SEALED! I couldn't believe it. I was so happy in my geekiness, it was like a natural high.

I tried to explain the sheer joy of this find to my family, but they just don't get it. I know you guys will:

craigslistfind.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality, I broke my digital camera, so I'm using my mobile.

Last edited by a moderator:
How.......... trusting. I mean there was nothing stopping you from just taking the bag and walking off AND you get to keep 5 bucks :lol:

Seriously though great deal

Wow. I have both Pokemon ones, but Super Mario Land, Tetris, AND Kirby boxed? Not to mention that DKL3 is sealed? I would've felt bad and slipped her $10.. that's a hell of a deal. Do they all have the manuals, too?

damn thats a deal, good job, I only have one question since you were getting all of them great boxed Gameboy games, why you slip only $5? should of sliped in some Ruffies :)

good job either way

They are totally complete and mint. Definitely keeping them. I'm a collector, not so much a flipper. At least with old school stuff. I wondered why she was so trusting, but I figured you'd have to be a pretty low douchebag to just rip her off.

I did consider putting $10 under the door, but I changed my mind and went with my cheap side for once. I usually tend to be a bleeding heart with good deals and offer more. Plus all I had was a $20 and a $5. She didn't seem to care and just wanted to get rid of the stuff. True spirit of a craigslist deal.

edit: she emailed me back and thanked me for the money. So we're both happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']Excellent find! I never see anything like this on eBay...:whistle2:\[/quote]

That's because it's gotten so chic to collect old video game stuff, and everyone thinks they can get rich on ebay, the prices are retarded.

I remember when I first started collecting NES stuff like 8-9 years ago, I could always get good deals. I got a whole box of boxed NES games at the flea market for like 50 cents each. Nowadays because of ebay and things like that, people want like $5+ for Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt.

Which makes deals like the one I got tonight that much sweeter. I've shifted my focus away from my NES collection toward my original gameboy collection. I've had more opportunity with that lately..

ARRRGGG

That was me who cancelled. My friends invited me on a trip up to Canada and I hod to cancel picking them up.

At least a CAG got them.

[quote name='Dokstarr']ARRRGGG

That was me who cancelled. My friends invited me on a trip up to Canada and I hod to cancel picking them up.

At least a CAG got them.[/quote]

No way. I'm calling :bs:

[quote name='punkmaggit']No way. I'm calling :bs:[/quote]

RE: gameboy games

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:58 PM

"Dianne ****"
Add sender to Contacts

To:
droekturn@*****.com

ok, thanks for letting me know!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 1:32 PM
To: contortedkitty@*****
Subject: RE: gameboy games

Hi,

Sorry but I'm afraid something came up and I won't be able to make it. Some friends invited me short notice on a trip to Niagra Falls. I had to spend this whole morning packing. I'll be back a week from Thursday. I will email you back to see if you have sold the games by then, and if you still have them I will come by then.

Thanks!

--- On Tue, 7/29/08, Dianne Ma****nd wrote:

To: droekturn@****.com
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 8:28 AM

Sure! I have a bit of a weird schedule this week, but since we're not talking diamonds here, I can leave them at my apartment door, and you can slip the money under the door, so you can just come whenever you get the chance. It's ***** ***** Road, Belmont. When you come to the building, just go in the door on the left (says 63 on it) and I'm upstairs. Thanks!

Dianne

Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 5:07 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: gameboy games

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Hi, I was wondering if you still had the gameboy games you listed on craigslist.

I don't need the gameboy, so I was wondering if you would take 5 for just the games.

thanks

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Sell me the Pokemon Yellow and Blue... damn I'd kill someone for those mint copies.[/quote]Proto... I have a complete in box copy of Pokemon Blue that I'd be willing to part with. Let me know if you're interested.

He's telling the truth, that's all of the correct information, same exact woman and emails..

Sorry man. At least you know they went to someone who won't be flipping them. I always miss out on these craigslist deals, I'm sure the next one will be yours!

[quote name='Dokstarr']RE: gameboy games

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:58 PM

"Dianne ****"
Add sender to Contacts

To:
droekturn@*****.com

ok, thanks for letting me know!

Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 1:32 PM
To: contortedkitty@*****

Hi,

Sorry but I'm afraid something came up and I won't be able to make it. Some friends invited me short notice on a trip to Niagra Falls. I had to spend this whole morning packing. I'll be back a week from Thursday. I will email you back to see if you have sold the games by then, and if you still have them I will come by then.

Thanks!

--- On Tue, 7/29/08, Dianne Ma****nd wrote:

To: droekturn@****.com
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 8:28 AM

Sure! I have a bit of a weird schedule this week, but since we're not talking diamonds here, I can leave them at my apartment door, and you can slip the money under the door, so you can just come whenever you get the chance. It's ***** ***** Road, Belmont. When you come to the building, just go in the door on the left (says 63 on it) and I'm upstairs. Thanks!

Dianne

Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 5:07 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: gameboy games

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Hi, I was wondering if you still had the gameboy games you listed on craigslist.

I don't need the gameboy, so I was wondering if you would take 5 for just the games.

thanks

[/quote]

As long as a someone who appreciates it got them.. then all is right with the world.

Boxed Mario, Yellow Poke, and Kirby are awesome though.

I'm up in the rural area of Canada now (Prince Edward Island). So maybe I will find a deal somewhere up here. I went on PEI craigslist and there is like 5 posts for the entire month of july anywhere on the site.

bread's done
Back