My blog ABOUT being a cheapass...

FlashStash

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I've got a boatload of stories about all kinds of deals from the past, such as my system launch stories, to running from Kohl's to Kohl's for free gift certificates, to stories from the CC sales (and pictures!) so I decided to start a blog to share these stories, as well as hints for how to look out for deals or save money. I'm not listing specific deals, (that's what we have CAG for!), so it's not any competition to this site, and I'm not making any money off the site anyways, it mainly for my enjoyment and to have a "log" of any deals I get. Let me know what ya think or if you have any suggestions!

http://yourfreelunch.blogspot.com/

FS

[quote name='sying']Cept the part you flip to sell on ebay. Don't be a fatwalleter[/QUOTE]

I was waiting for the to get mentioned! :)

I'll be addressing that in a future post...I do have some rules I follow when I do it that will help address your concerns :)

FS

[quote name='FlashStash']I was waiting for the to get mentioned! :)

I'll be addressing that in a future post...I do have some rules I follow when I do it that will help address your concerns :)

FS[/QUOTE]I have some rules of my own. #1. Stop hoarding the fucking Xbox live cards.

[quote name='TimPV3']I have some rules of my own. #1. Stop hoarding the fucking Xbox live cards.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'll explain here then...

The cards were in my Toys R Us for 2 weeks without anyone buying them. There were 6 of them, and I bought one initially for myself, and when I went back there 2 weeks later and saw the 5 were still there, I bought 3 more. One has sold on eBay, and if the other two don't sell, I'll be offering them here at cost + a bit for PayPal charges to whoever wants them.

I'm hardly a hoarder...I helped out a ton of people on here with the recent Circuit City sale with extra games picked up for people who couldn't get them at there CC (that's there the 12 rating under my name came from). I don't think there's a rule that I *must* sell any extras to people here, but after eBay they'll go up for sale here, and if I see any more I'll pick them up and sell them here to whoever wants them.

FS

Newsflash to all you haters... eBay was designed for profit.

There's a distinct difference between a hoarder and someone who resells a few discounted items to recoup video game expenses. It's not as if the OP bought 50 Xbox Live cards and sold them for 10 times the purchase price.. he bought 3. And he seems very reasonable in his offer to sell them at cost + service charge.

The vultures on this site have grown quite ravenous ;)

Edit: Btw OP - Awesome blog. I look forward to reading more of your exploits!

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Newsflash to all you haters... eBay was designed for profit.

There's a distinct difference between a hoarder and someone who resells a few discounted items to recoup video game expenses. It's not as if the OP bought 50 Xbox Live cards and sold them for 10 times the purchase price.. he bought 3. And he seems very reasonable in his offer to sell them at cost + service charge.

The vultures on this site have grown quite ravenous ;)

Edit: Btw OP - Awesome blog. I look forward to reading more of your exploits![/QUOTE]

Thanks for backing me up! :)

And you did mention something else I forgot to add...I don't do this for a living or anything. I was buying some of the TRU clearance games and figured this would help cover some of the cost.

FS

I'll do my best to keep up with reading so long as the posts are frequent enough. I think a lot of CAG's will have done a lot of what you're doing so it will be funny to see how your outcomes turn out to be.

I plan on doing at least one post every weekday. I have list of about 40 ideas of things that I want to write about, and of course I'll have new stuff to write about all the time.

I'm glad everyone's enjoying it!

FS

bread's done
Back