My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

Site's not loading. It looks like I might get screwed out of entering in my last points for the week.

EDIT: Well, it loaded but it won't let me sign in.

[quote name='neocisco']Site's not loading. It looks like I might get screwed out of entering in my last points for the week,[/QUOTE]

I was about to come on here and say the same thing. Page loads, but when I enter log-in info, it doesn't load...

EDIT: I got this "We are sorry, we were unable to complete your sign in request at this time. Please try again in a few moments"

Somehow I was able to get in by opening a second tab. When I did I was already logged in. However, the codes are entering ridiculously slow and I've only managed to get 1 code in. I'm sure MCR won't extend the weekly point limit either to make up for their mistakes. :roll:

For the past few weeks I've collected some MCR codes out of a neighbor's curbside trash on pickup days. :) It's usually a 20 pack worth 18 to 20 points.

As I was out this morning I noticed a truck pull up to the curb and I figured the person was going through the pile of bags or saw something that caught their attention. It pulled away only a couple of minutes later.

A few minutes later as I walked over to inspect the pile and look for empty cartons I noticed an empty plastic wrapped 28-pack of Coca-Cola. I know these are the ones with the code imprinted on the bottom of the wrapper. I turned it over and it had been cut out. It was right at the top of the pile and I was wondering if maybe the truck I had seen just minutes before had taken it.

Anyway, all was not lost as I saw an empty 20 pack carton that was being thrown out and filled with some trash. Nothing really nasty but just papers and various packaging stuff. I took a box cutter and was able to successfully extract the MCR code without losing any of the contents the carton was holding.

Really sucks that I missed the plastic wrapper code as I'm sure it was valued at just a bit more -- 25 points, IIRC. The truck I spoke of earlier was also a marked "Public Works" City vehicle.

I may have some competition now when diving for codes. :razz:

[quote name='TXboxGuY']For the past few weeks I've collected some MCR codes out of a neighbor's curbside trash on pickup days. :) It's usually a 20 pack worth 18 to 20 points.

As I was out this morning I noticed a truck pull up to the curb and I figured the person was going through the pile of bags or saw something that caught their attention. It pulled away only a couple of minutes later.

A few minutes later as I walked over to inspect the pile and look for empty cartons I noticed an empty plastic wrapped 28-pack of Coca-Cola. I know these are the ones with the code imprinted on the bottom of the wrapper. I turned it over and it had been cut out. It was right at the top of the pile and I was wondering if maybe the truck I had seen just minutes before had taken it.

Anyway, all was not lost as I saw an empty 20 pack carton that was being thrown out and filled with some trash. Nothing really nasty but just papers and various packaging stuff. I took a box cutter and was able to successfully extract the MCR code without losing any of the contents the carton was holding.

Really sucks that I missed the plastic wrapper code as I'm sure it was valued at just a bit more -- 25 points, IIRC. The truck I spoke of earlier was also a marked "Public Works" City vehicle.

I may have some competition now when diving for codes. :razz:[/QUOTE]

I do this all the time, there is a soda vending machine in the laundry room at the apartment building across from where I live and they usually re-stock it every 2 weeks. They always throw the empty 12-pack cartons in the nearby garbage bin, I take advantage of it and usually get about 15-20 codes out of it

[quote name='Blade3D']They ran out of 250 best buy reward zone points, do they usually restock these?[/QUOTE]Just noticed this too. I was fucking pissed! I knew I should of cashed my points in while I had the chance.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Just noticed this too. I was fucking pissed! I knew I should of cashed my points in while I had the chance.[/QUOTE]

I tried "cashing out" last night but I couldn't get any more. The limit was 2 so you could only cash out 500 points anyway. No big deal. Hopefully if they come back again they will refresh the limit.

[quote name='kube00']noooooo! They usuually restock those BB certs in a month or so[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I think I may hold out for more then.

just curious.. how much are the best buy certificates (i understand they are 250 best buy reward zone points, which is $5) in my coke reward points??

[quote name='canvasch']just curious.. how much are the best buy certificates (i understand they are 250 best buy reward zone points, which is $5) in my coke reward points??[/QUOTE]

They were 250 my coke rewards points.250 for 250.

I might use my last two 12 pack coupons at CVS this week. Those combined with a coupon I just got in my e-mail and I might be able to get an awesome deal.

Current prom is 3/$10 on 12 packs. Not so great on it's own but they also offer $5 CVS bucks when you spend $15. So I will buy 6/$20 - $4 for the e-mail (save $4 off a purchase of $20) -$10 for my coupons -$5 in CVS cash = $1 for the entire purchase!

[quote name='sangredekrazy']anyone having trouble with the site this morning?[/QUOTE]

ya, it wont load for me. was hoping to enter some codes before work too.

[quote name='dwb6']ya, it wont load for me. was hoping to enter some codes before work too.[/QUOTE]

It's terrible. Not only won't it load, but it's so erratic that when you *do* end up being able to enter codes, it doesn't reflect in your balance, and then when you reenter the code (which takes forever *again*), it tells you that the code's been used.

This is the problem with having a single day of bonus points instead of, say, having a few and ending it on Valentine's Day. Well done, idiots at Coke.

so here's a neat note i found from a MCR e-mail.
20 MILLION MEMBER CELEBRATION
COMING SOON: Stock up now on all fridge packs to earn Bonus Points and complimentary sweeps entries beginning in March.
sooooo,rev up them wallets and stock up on fridge packs. i'm stocking up on two or three soon for frys.
SPEAKING OF KROGER!!!!!
buy 3 12 packs at kroger and score 10 bonus points. thought that might help you all out.
p.s MCR isn't working well for me ether today,so your all not alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='boagman']It's terrible. Not only won't it load, but it's so erratic that when you *do* end up being able to enter codes, it doesn't reflect in your balance, and then when you reenter the code (which takes forever *again*), it tells you that the code's been used.

This is the problem with having a single day of bonus points instead of, say, having a few and ending it on Valentine's Day. Well done, idiots at Coke.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for emphasis. It just took me 3 minutes to enter 1 code. There's no way I'm going to have time to enter all of my codes before midnight. If they'd stop using so much Flash this wouldn't be such a problem.

Thanks a lot, MCR. You just screwed me out of 273 points due to your slow as crap website. This is the second time in a month that their slow site has caused me to be shorted bonus points.

[quote name='neocisco']Quoted for emphasis. It just took me 3 minutes to enter 1 code. There's no way I'm going to have time to enter all of my codes before midnight. If they'd stop using so much Flash this wouldn't be such a problem.[/QUOTE]

yep I was averaging about 2 minutes per code it was really frustrating to say the least, took me a few hours but I was able to redeem all my diet coke caps

[quote name='LazyTriangle']yep I was averaging about 2 minutes per code it was really frustrating to say the least, took me a few hours but I was able to redeem all my diet coke caps[/QUOTE]

I worked all day and went to dinner immediately afterward. As soon as I got home I started entering codes but their slow as molasses site just wouldn't allow it.

i can save my points now, because i give up on their instant win flash thing....1 out 5 times the thing won't load for me but still take my points.... finally got the last straw broke so now I just save them for best buy certs...

[quote name='Chitown021']I might use my last two 12 pack coupons at CVS this week. Those combined with a coupon I just got in my e-mail and I might be able to get an awesome deal.

Current prom is 3/$10 on 12 packs. Not so great on it's own but they also offer $5 CVS bucks when you spend $15. So I will buy 6/$20 - $4 for the e-mail (save $4 off a purchase of $20) -$10 for my coupons -$5 in CVS cash = $1 for the entire purchase![/QUOTE]

Went to CVS after work and pulled this off without a hitch! If you count the $5 CVS cash then (6) fridge packs cost me under $2 (Paid $6.36 but had $5 CVS cash on my receipt).

[quote name='HydroX']Oh man, flashbacks to Pepsi Stuff in the 90's... oh lord.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there some sort of lawsuit back then because some kid rounded up a million points and tried to get Pepsi to give him the Jet from the commercial?

[quote name='Chitown021']Went to CVS after work and pulled this off without a hitch! If you count the $5 CVS cash then (6) fridge packs cost me under $2 (Paid $6.36 but had $5 CVS cash on my receipt).[/QUOTE]

Impressive!

On a side note, received my free 20oz Coke coupon before my $5 McDonalds GC, which I redeemed over a month before. Starting to wonder if that GC will ever make it here. I had jaw surgery a month ago so still can't eat solids for another 2 weeks, maybe Coke knows that so they're holding out.

bread's done
Back