My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

[quote name='Malik112099']read back a little instead of recycling questions that have been answered already[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I read but I must have missed it. Kind of tough to read 80+ pages

So is it kosher to win more than one $100 card on one account? Or is it one per account? Didn't see anything explicitly stated in the rules.

[quote name='garfep']So is it kosher to win more than one $100 card on one account? Or is it one per account? Didn't see anything explicitly stated in the rules.[/QUOTE]

I think the rules state that you can win two somewhere, or someone mentioned that they won two on the same account?

Either way, I have yet to win even once on my account, but I'm still trying.

[quote name='garfep']So is it kosher to win more than one $100 card on one account? Or is it one per account? Didn't see anything explicitly stated in the rules.[/QUOTE]

The rules explicitly state that the cap is two wins per person. Some users here hold themselves to be above the rules, though... their chatter should be banned from this thread the same as it is from others.
-E

[quote name='Mad Scientist']My advice? Don't cheat. Karma's a bitch. :whistle2:(

I'm actually a bit surprised you didn't hit at least once, but cheaters beget more cheaters: Malik's not the only other one doing this stuff. In terms of numbers of entries, you have a lot of competition out there, even in the wee hours. This is part of why I focus on the very first days of a contest... (and manage to win while following the rules).

-Eric[/quote]

I actually agree that Karma does suck. I told myself this morning that I'm not going to play that Coke thing till August 8th and will hold myself to it. I'm just tired of doing this, and it really isn't good for my self-esteem :cold: Time to go do something productive!

[quote name='doubledown']Sorry, I read but I must have missed it. Kind of tough to read 80+ pages[/quote]I agree!

That's why I was glad to give you info :D[quote name='Mad Scientist']The rules explicitly state that the cap is two wins per person. Some users here hold themselves to be above the rules, though... their chatter should be banned from this thread the same as it is from others.
-E[/quote]Oh, you're just mad that they're winning :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MightyHealthy']Oh, you're just mad that they're winning :roll:

[/QUOTE]

Not really. My household of two eligible adults has won four times (using no more than 10 entries each per day), so I'm good.
It does ruin the contest for anyone who starts late and plays by the rules, though.

As an aside, are the folks who cheat in these contests generally as blase about analogous situations that are not shrouded in the perceived anonymity of the internet? Are they more prone to shoplifting, for example? If they refrain, is it only due to fear of being caught?

I thought that you were taking a somewhat principled stance a few pages back. I hope I was correct in that assessment.

I'll try to avoid the side-comments for a while. I'd like to see more active dissuasion by mods re: posts that pertain to cheating the system, but I am overly ethical at times. Not my house, not my rules.

@ darkliger: Awesome use of the second card!

[quote name='Mad Scientist']I thought that you were taking a somewhat principled stance a few pages back. I hope I was correct in that assessment.[/quote]You were right. I was just amusing.

Did anyone get a 5 point free bouns? My brother's account did, but mine did not. It just says "Bonus Points" and it just appeared in his acct. He didnt even enter any codes that day, which was for 7/29.

[quote name='Mad Scientist']

As an aside, are the folks who cheat in these contests generally as blase about analogous situations that are not shrouded in the perceived anonymity of the internet? Are they more prone to shoplifting, for example? If they refrain, is it only due to fear of being caught?

[/quote]

hmm..at halloween if someone left a bucket of candy on the front porch with a sign saying take only one i grabbed a handfull

i use the address labels that the blind/handicapped/whoever send without sending them a donation

i shoplifted here and there when i was a teen

if you have a table sitting out in public with $100 bills and a sign that said "max 2 per person" i would take as many as i could get away with

guess im just an asshole ;)

[quote name='Malik112099']hmm..at halloween if someone left a bucket of candy on the front porch with a sign saying take only one i grabbed a handfull

i use the address labels that the blind/handicapped/whoever send without sending them a donation

if you have a table sitting out in public with $100 bills and a sign that said "max 2 per person" i would take as many as i could get away with

guess im just an asshole ;)[/quote]

:bow: I can't stop crying because that is hilarious and it is the truth. hey honestly even though I haven't won once I am ok with it because of how I got over on pepsi. Most people are saying what they are saying because they haven't won yet. Besides I feel as though if you win at these games, then that money is meant to help you down the road.

[quote name='Malik112099']hmm..at halloween if someone left a bucket of candy on the front porch with a sign saying take only one i grabbed a handfull

guess im just an asshole ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, I would say those are still situations of anonymity, if there was a guy sitting right next to the candy/labels/money/etc you probably wouldnt do what you just said you would do.

[/quote]

I would just take the whole bucket and pour it in my bag. Just a hand full? :lol:

lol, i took my nephew trick or treating one year, we came to this one house with a HUGE bowl of candy, i just picked it up and carried to the car, lol

i still have it, its giant, white with a black popcorn detail along the middle of it.

[quote name='Link927']Well, I would say those are still situations of anonymity, if there was a guy sitting right next to the candy/labels/money/etc you probably wouldnt do what you just said you would do.[/quote]

no one from coke sits next to me while i play the game

[quote name='Malik112099']no one from coke sits next to me while i play the game[/QUOTE]

No, I mean in the situations that you listed....ah nevermind, this is going no where, you're going to continue what you're doing, and everyone will do what they do, so in the spirit of brotherhood, let's just play some craps

I told my wife about this and she actually won! It was maybe her 14th try total. She did 10 the one night and hit on the 4th the next night! Great for her.

I have yet to win on my accounts. I set up two. One for me, one for my Dad :) Still nothing....oh well. I was playing at like midnight EST and 7am EST. Oh well.

[quote name='projectmayhem101']I withdrew my funds from an ATM, and didn't get charged for it! Just choose "from credit card"[/quote]

I didn't know you could do it with a gift card?? I've been trying to do that every single time I get a visa gift card but I can never figure out which one to choose from the only choices "Withdraw from savings", "Withdraw from checking".. etc. etc. There was never an option "from credit card"?

[quote name='projectmayhem101']I withdrew my funds from an ATM, and didn't get charged for it! Just choose "from credit card"[/quote]

Was this a bank ATM or a store ATM? If a bank, which one?

I did it at the credit union of mine at the ATM. It's called Tech Federal, but I assumed this option was available for everyone. If not, I'm sorry to hype you guys up!!

[quote name='hobocorpses']Movie and game rentals gone :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

I noticed that this evening also. Lets hope they come back in stock and NOT at a higher price.

The DVD rental and a Coke was gone a couple of days ago. Thankfully, I bought 9 of them just a couple of days before. Mine are good until 6/1/09 so I would definitely recommend getting as many as you want ASAP whenever the next one goes up since we never know when they'll disappear.

[quote name='neocisco']The DVD rental and a Coke was gone a couple of days ago. Thankfully, I bought 9 of them just a couple of days before. Mine are good until 6/1/09 so I would definitely recommend getting as many as you want ASAP whenever the next one goes up since we never know when they'll disappear.[/QUOTE]
Yeah...I was holding on to my points for the hope of something good but I realized thats never gonna happen so I should of gotten as many movie rentals as possible. Now I dread they'll be much higher again.

[quote name='io']Bingo. I won like the first day or two this started up and have hit jack squat since then. Just like the Tropicana Rewards this was probably pretty easy to win at first but now there's people playing 24/7 racking these things up. I'll keep trying on my 3 (legit) accounts (me, my wife, my daughter) each night though I often find it too tedious to even go through those 30 clicks and end up doing like every other day instead ;).[/quote]

Yeah, I won 3 within the first few days of the contest, played for another week and a half or so without success on my 3 legit accounts, and then just gave up because it was clear that many more people were playing many more times by then.

[quote name='darkliger']lol, i took my nephew trick or treating one year, we came to this one house with a HUGE bowl of candy, i just picked it up and carried to the car, lol

i still have it, its giant, white with a black popcorn detail along the middle of it.[/quote]

You bastard! I want my bowl back.

[quote name='Cow_tipper']Yeah, I won 3 within the first few days of the contest, played for another week and a half or so without success on my 3 legit accounts, and then just gave up because it was clear that many more people were playing many more times by then.[/quote]

My friend won once at midnight PST a couple days ago, playing only with 1 account, and for less than a week. You give up too easily.

Still no winning for me....Oh well, at least my wife won. I may try again tonight. Not sure what times are the best...soon, everyone will be waiting to try at night it seems.

They locked one of my empty accounts I was trying to use to win the $100 bucks. I almost had a heart attack in thinking that they might have locked my 1600+ point account, but they left that alone. I think I need to sit down for a second, that made me jump.

edit: I haven't even won yet :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='x1xMuffinManx1x']One of my friends recently got a few of his accounts locked. He didn't win either.[/quote]
That's why I am trying to enter at least one or two codes per account whilst I play. Still no luck on any of my families accounts.

Wow...locking accounts now...interesting. I actually have 4 going. My original, my Dad, my brother, me again :)

I still haven't won...although, I just started about a week ago, maybe less.

[quote name='marioworld4']Noooooooo!!!!!!!! I won, but I closed out of the window by accident...:cry:

Ugh...I feel so stupid.[/quote]

Don't worry, check your email.

[quote name='marioworld4']Its empty...how long does the email usually take to come?[/quote]

Check your junk email! I think I got my right away.

[quote name='marioworld4']Nope nothing...maybe I did'nt win, but I saw a big "you won" before I closed the window :/

Ah well. No big deal :)[/quote]

If it was a big YOU WON, Then you actually won lol.

Go to your account, it will show the win there, as well as the redemption code.

I apparently won last night, but I too didn't see the window, but mine was the situation where I submitted my entry, but the result page never showed up, it just kept loading. The weird thing is, is that the win doesn't show up on my account, but when I play it says I have won twice. And the email I got doesn't contain a code, instead it says that I will receive the code once they verify my eligibility.

Has anyone tried to activate the card as soon as they redeemed it? I redeemed one a few hours ago, and each time I try to activate it, it says there was an error.

bread's done
Back