My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

[quote name='killachris']Free 25 point codes from McDonalds plz say if u used um
0FF0TVVLKBT5
0FBPNAR5TT40
0TVF5MRLJ75K
0TW6MJAKKKF4
44BRAHHJ5XP9
6XAANPPB0L75[/QUOTE]

All Taken. None by me.

Thats what we're all hoping for.

In other news, seems like "Holiday" prizes are rolling out, including $25/$50 adopt a polar bear donations 550/1100 pts. The $50 donation nets you a polar bear plush along with a WWF bag, but it seems to be OOS. $25 only includes the cert, etc.

[quote name='HelpSavePets']Has anyone heard if they are going to continue Coke Rewards in 2009?[/quote]

it may but ppl have seen some coke packs without MCR where it used to appear. that is not a good sign.

[quote name='itzchau']it may but ppl have seen some coke packs without MCR where it used to appear. that is not a good sign.[/quote]

That does not sound good. I hope if they do discontinue the program they give us some decent prizes this Christmas to spend our points on.

I thought they were extending it until 2010? the only thing that i don't see the points on anymore are the new bottles of powerade and the teas. but lets see how this plays out

Well in my area (Ann Arbor, MI) the 24 packs are now 20 packs and no coke rewards on those. It might just be this store, but I doubt it.

[quote name='jkircos']Also they added new prizes, but almost all are over 8000 points[/quote]

I'm disappointed at the prizes lately. I guess they love doing the sweeps since for most people it's wasted points.

Lame-o

SO I finally got enough points for the Restaurant.com $50 certificate and THEN I READ THE FINE PRINT!!! I can only get a $25 certificate to the place I wanted to go (Little Budda in Vegas) PLUS I have to spend at least $45 total when I go there. PLUS they are way overpriced. Now I realize I need TWICE the coke points to get anything decent.:bomb:

[quote name='Gladler']SO I finally got enough points for the Restaurant.com $50 certificate and THEN I READ THE FINE PRINT!!! I can only get a $25 certificate to the place I wanted to go (Little Budda in Vegas) PLUS I have to spend at least $45 total when I go there. PLUS they are way overpriced. Now I realize I need TWICE the coke points to get anything decent.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

At least you can always buy the $25 GC at below the listed Restaurant.com $10 price by using the various coupon codes that pop up, whether by e-mail subscription or the various deal sites. The last code sent out was for 50% off -- so $5: VOTE (whose offer ends Thursday, November 6, 2008).

http://www.restaurant.com/microsite.asp?rid=320679&mcn=00016445

If need be, call the specific restaurant before ordering just to be sure they still take the certificates.

[quote name='Gladler']SO I finally got enough points for the Restaurant.com $50 certificate and THEN I READ THE FINE PRINT!!! I can only get a $25 certificate to the place I wanted to go (Little Budda in Vegas) PLUS I have to spend at least $45 total when I go there. PLUS they are way overpriced. Now I realize I need TWICE the coke points to get anything decent.:bomb:[/quote]

I will never get any from rr.com again. I purchased one for a little shop here in Ohio and the shop said they knew nothing about it and would not accept it. What a rip off!

The prizes up right now are a fuck ing joke, coke rewards is slapping us all in the face. I still have over 1k points but no idea what to do with em since i dont want a god damn coke cooler...which is the best thing i saw offered.

I emailed them and complained about the prizes, I'm sitting with over 4 grand after a couple years of saving, all I want is a best buy gift card, or at least some decent 360/ps3 games, not a stupid ringtone or "chance" of winning a prize. I know this is a free rewards program but come on, this selection is aweful.

I'm done whineing now.

that's why i've been trading all my coke points for pepsi points before their promo ends. coke rewards was decent when it started (got a $25 sephora and $25 sony style gc) but for the past year or so there's really been no prizes worth wasting points on (except the wired subscription for a couple hundred points). give us gift cards!! even in small amounts!

[quote name='hopeunknown']that's why i've been trading all my coke points for pepsi points before their promo ends. coke rewards was decent when it started (got a $25 sephora and $25 sony style gc) but for the past year or so there's really been no prizes worth wasting points on (except the wired subscription for a couple hundred points). give us gift cards!! even in small amounts![/quote]

Where do you trade your coke points for pepsi points?

[quote name='jayrama81']Where do you trade your coke points for pepsi points?[/quote]

there's a trade forum in the master trade list, but i've had better luck on slickdeals for trading codes/caps.

I have a bunch of Pepsi points I've never entered. I did some a few months ago and they seemed to have nothing worthwhile either. What is it you are getting there? And when does it end? I guess I better try to use what I have soon.

[quote name='Supadeuce']Another free code, off a 12 pack...

POST WHEN YOU TAKE IT!

65W5BJRLTXK4
[/QUOTE]

Taken, but not by me.

I just fired off an email lambasting them on their "November Prize Explosion" that consists of nothing but Sweepstakes and the fact that they continue to poll us on rewards, but fail to deliver.

Of course, I don't expect much, but who knows...

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']The prizes up right now are a fuck ing joke, coke rewards is slapping us all in the face. I still have over 1k points but no idea what to do with em since i dont want a god damn coke cooler...which is the best thing i saw offered.[/quote]
Agreed, I have over 2K points and I have 50 points in unentered coke rewards. They take the good stuff off as soon as I get the points for them and leave me with a sandwich maker in the end.

[quote name='xw2904']Agreed, I have over 2K points and I have 50 points in unentered coke rewards. They take the good stuff off as soon as I get the points for them and leave me with a sandwich maker in the end.[/QUOTE]

Only 50? :lol:

I have untold 100's of points (probably over 1000) that I haven't bothered entering. It is hardly worth the effort. I did add a few caps to my account tonight just to keep it active and so I could throw those away. Just for kicks I entered a few sweeps for the first time. At least that way I have some infinitesimal chance of getting something decent.. Though I really don't want to encourage them to add more so I won't be doing the "20 entries per day" thing that they so graciously allow you to do. :roll:

the prize selection is pretty pathetic. i have about 100 or 150 points if i enter them all and was considering entering them and letting it ride on a sweepstakes so i can stop collecting the damn things

[quote name='Monstarr']Might go for those subway cards.[/quote]

Bit on one of those, might as well since I missed out last time, and there's not much else. Also the fact that I've been venturing the subway across the street from campus lately, might as well save some money and get a lunch or two while Im at it.

There are a ton of prizes in the limited time section, but they are all an extremely high number of points. :(

Since I'm at 1,000 I'm gonna get the subway cards and be done with MCR forever, whew thankfully something ok to cashout on :)

Pretty painless online redemption for the giftcards (through subways website) down to 36 points but up 35 at subway :) not as good as the blockbuster giftcards but free food is always appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only things that catch my eye are the Subway gift cards, and the ticket to Islands/Universal Orlando. Seriously, last years holiday selection was way better. Managed to snag $75 Blockbuster gift cards. I hope we get more variety by next month.

Finally working for me, I decided to order the Subway card, if it ever confirms it. Horrible deal at 720 points for $25, when I remember they had a $75 Blockbuster card for 750 points. I shouldn't have hesitated to get that.

Yeah, just to clear all the caps sitting on my computer I entered a bunch of stuff last night. Still crap for prizes. I hate to give in to those outrageously priced Subway cards but I might have to. I'll probably get a few rent 1 get 1 free coupons from Blockbuster even though they now cost more than the straight up free rentals they used to have :bomb:.

And yet they keep teasing us with all the great "suggest a reward" choices (Best Buy, Target, iTunes, MS points, Wii points, etc).

I also entered all the Pepsi points I had sitting around. I had never really looked into what they had. I didn't realize they had clear and free (DRM-free) mp3's to download (I figured they would be nerfed in some way). Now I wish I liked Pepsi more than Coke ;). I only have enough for about 6 songs as it is... (5 points per song). If Coke had something like that I could download the entire catalog from several bands!

[quote name='scott2hotcott']I redeemed for $60 worth of Subway cards yesterday. I'm still debating on whether or not to keep entering codes at this point.[/quote]

Enter them if you have them, but dont go out of your way to buy more, unless its the cheapest of course.

i haven't entered my somewhere between 500 and 1000 points i have stashed in a grocery bag yet- I know if I don't do it soon they'll screw me over by putting up the only decent prize they will ever have again. I feel like entering the codes takes enough time that I might as well get a part time job and make guaranteed money instead.

I got the rice cooker for 1300, casue I don't think I can get to anything else i would want. I still have points to enter and ill probably get another Wired subscription once i get enough entered.

I went ahead and redeemed 380 points for a photo calendar from Snapfish. I actually had one already put together and saved as an x-mas present for my wife's father, so works nicely for me. But yeah, pretty much all the prizes are crap and/or waaaay overpriced, points-wise.

I have 600 points and dont know what to do with it. Any advice? I could get the 30 day gamefly code (new customers only) for someone else if they give me some MS points or something.

I might have missed this in the thread, if I did, sorry about that.
I just saw on the Coke site that they are extending this program into 2009. Says you can enter codes until November 2009 now and redeem by December of 2009. YIPPEE!

bread's done
Back