My crazy PS3 deal

TWolf10

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This deal was so great I had to share.
I went Geocaching with a guy once, we had only talked through the website and we met up once to cache. I made him a friend on Facebook with the intention of meeting up for caching with the families, but it never happened. Well, 6 months later he posts on his profile, "Does anyone want to buy a PS3 for a great price?" It seems he needed the money that day, and didn't want to let Gamestop give him $200 for it.
So, for the low low price of $300, I got...

80GB PS3
2 controllers
Blue Ray remote
4 games including Call of Duty Modern Warfare
HDMI cable
Happy Feet :br: (which happens to be a movie my daughter likes)
and a handful of original PS games

I thought I came out okay on this one!

I don't know what Geocaching is... sounds like an anime.

That's a nice catch, mind if I ask what other games you got with it?

The other games were Motorstorm (I assume it was the LE bundle), Tony Hawk Project 8 and Sonic the Hedgehog. Very 'eh'.
The actual deal was made for $250 for the PS3, and then $50 for the rest.

Oh, and Geocaching is a very cool, uh 'sport'? No, activity, I guess, where you search out hidden caches with your GPS all over the world. You'd probably be surprised to see how many are hidden in areas you frequent, I know I was.
You can check it out at www.geocaching.org

[quote name='eastshore4']I don't know what Geocaching is... sounds like an anime.

That's a nice catch, mind if I ask what other games you got with it?[/QUOTE]

Here's an article from Wikipedia to give you an idea of what Geocaching is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching

It's been at least a couple of years since I heard the term myself. Basically, what it is is a treasure hunting hobbyist type of game, where people hide 'treasures' and post the coordinates for those 'caches' on various sites. Then, other people come along using their own GPS units to find them.

Most of the stuff put into these caches isn't worth much, but it may be stuff that holds some sort of sentimental value for those who put it in there.

bread's done
Back