My deal for today: Suikoden II case and manual for $0.00

secretvampire

CAGiversary!
Feedback
141 (100%)
So I go into my local Gamestop and I find a complete Star Ocean Second Story for $15. Very cool, so I take it up to pay. While the guy is opening the drawer to get my discs, I notice a frickin' Suikoden II case sitting in the drawer. I ask if the game is for sale, they say sure thing, it is marked $60. So they look for the disc...no dice. At this point, I ask them if I can just buy the case and manual from them. The manager says, well, if we don't have the game, you can just have the case and manual if you want. And this, my friends, is how I got it for free. Now to find a cheap ass disc only auction on Ebay or trade for one, and I've got myself a complete Suikoden II on the cheap. :D

Ummm good luck getting a good condition disk for cheap on ebay. I have one but of course I'm not selling. :lol:

But congrads on picking up the case for free.

The same thing happened to me a few months ago. Saw Suikoden II on the shelf, grabbed it, and they didn't have the game. What a shame.

[quote name='dutch72']I bought mine off of Mousin for 100 bucks and I've never regretted It :D[/quote]

Yeah I remember that, didn't you also have a disk only copy for a while?

[quote name='dutch72']Yeah I sold the disc only on ebay for around 50.00[/quote]

not bad, I've seen them go a bit higher but not a bad price.

You know, I kind of laugh at all the fuss people make about Suikoden 2.
I bought it right off the shelf at Toys R Us a couple of days after it came out.

Then, I bought an extra used copy for 20 at a Gamecrazy after I saw all the ebay auctions trending upward

[quote name='JSweeney']You know, I kind of laugh at all the fuss people make about Suikoden 2.
I bought it right off the shelf at Toys R Us a couple of days after it came out.

Then, I bought an extra used copy for 20 at a Gamecrazy after I saw all the ebay auctions trending upward[/quote]

Why? At some point or another, nearly every sought-after game was readily available. There are a few exceptions, such as Panzer Dragoon Saga - but most of us can say we saw today's really rare/expensive games sitting new & reasonably priced on store shelves at one time.

And to whoever said it's crazy that SII goes for $60 used - I'd buy it for that in a heartbeat if it was in good shape. Easily one of the best RPGs of all time. I saw a copy at a EB when I was out of town about a year ago going for about the same price. I was ready to buy, but the disk was in very bad shape. The guy said it was so bad he was just going to send it back as defective. I should have asked him for the case/manual tho! ](*,)

Why? At some point or another, nearly every sought-after game was readily available. There are a few exceptions, such as Panzer Dragoon Saga - but most of us can say we saw today's really rare/expensive games sitting new & reasonably priced on store shelves at one time.

Oh, I know. That's why I think it's so funny that people keep thinking these things are so rare/valuable. I think it's one of the best things that could have happened for the site for WhipsmartBanky and some of the other posters going on rampant posting sprees openly mocking that mindset. Save a few games, there really aren't that many truely rare games that have come out.

And to whoever said it's crazy that SII goes for $60 used - I'd buy it for that in a heartbeat if it was in good shape. Easily one of the best RPGs of all time. I saw a copy at a EB when I was out of town about a year ago going for about the same price. I was ready to buy, but the disk was in very bad shape. The guy said it was so bad he was just going to send it back as defective. I should have asked him for the case/manual tho!

Since it was around 50 new, I don't think it is that insane. Of course, I think the demand for some of the earlier ones may taper off just a little because they aren't doing things like they had earlier in the series (important bonuses for maintaining save data.

I got a mint copy at Gamestop almost three years ago for $30, but if I remember correctly, new copies were never in abundance. I want to say Konami only produced about 20,000 copies in the US, but I could be wrong.

Oh, I know. That's why I think it's so funny that people keep thinking these things are so rare/valuable. I think it's one of the best things that could have happened for the site for WhipsmartBanky and some of the other posters going on rampant posting sprees openly mocking that mindset. Save a few games, there really aren't that many truely rare games that have come out.

I know what you are saying. However, I have to say in my defense, it is not a matter of just wanting to get something "rare," along with being somewhat of a collector and liking to have the complete game, I really want to play it and see what all the hype is about. I am not the type who keeps a bunch of sealed games about to watch them appreciate and treat them like stocks, I PLAY what I get and if it goes up in value, that is nice. In this case, I'm just a bit late to the party as I wasn't even that into RPG's back in the late 90's when this came out.

Psh .. I want the game, but 344 bucks? Yeah, right. I have other games to spend my money on. Besides, it'll eventually pop up at a local shop, I'm sure of it.

after seeing that im thinking of going into the rare game business. I think ill hold onto my 4 copies of katarmi sealed and see wat happens. Problaby wont go up though cause i bought mine at BB.

[quote name='secretvampire']So I go into my local Gamestop and I find a complete Star Ocean Second Story for $15. Very cool, so I take it up to pay. While the guy is opening the drawer to get my discs, I notice a frickin' Suikoden II case sitting in the drawer. I ask if the game is for sale, they say sure thing, it is marked $60. So they look for the disc...no dice. At this point, I ask them if I can just buy the case and manual from them. The manager says, well, if we don't have the game, you can just have the case and manual if you want. And this, my friends, is how I got it for free. Now to find a cheap ass disc only auction on Ebay or trade for one, and I've got myself a complete Suikoden II on the cheap. :D[/quote]

I'm looking for the case and manual, if you ever consider selling it LMK.

[quote name='secretvampire']
I'm looking for the case and manual, if you ever consider selling it LMK.

Sure thing, but I'm really looking for find a game disc and keep it for myself.[/quote]

Well like I said earlier good luck, but be cautions of ebay a lot of the disk only copies you'll find will be in really bad shape.

Well like I said earlier good luck, but be cautions of ebay a lot of the disk only copies you'll find will be in really bad shape.

Yeah, I definitely know what you are saying. I think I'm going to just try and trade for one from a fellow gamer.

bread's done
Back