My DS is on the way!

keviningeorgia

CAGiversary!
It's been a good week for DS..

Just won an Ebay auction for a DS.. Got a dead Pixel but I plan on calling up Nintendo. It was $75 with shipping but I had a $10 off Paypal Coupon so got it for $65. What I will probably do is keep the one I get from back from Nintendo for my Wife's gift (Sept 22nd) and use the one I got her used for $75 last week off of craiglist.org. ( that has been at my office for the past week and I've been playing it)

I also got on the EB stack deal and got:
Super Mario 64 DS - Pre-Played
Asphalt Urban GT - Pre-Played
Spider-Man 2 - Pre-Played
Madden NFL 2005 - Pre-Played
Ridge Racer - Pre-Played
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - Pre-Played

Now I just have to get my wife:
Zookeeper
Nintendogs
Animal Crossing

When is Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney DS coming out?? My wife is an attorney and will get a good laugh at it.. Also what other Puzzle games are good?? My wife is a Mahjong and Bejeweled FREAK.

Also has everyone had good experiences with Play-Asia?? I'm going to order my wife some of the Japanese Exclusive Bags & a couple of people at work want to order the Nintendogs bags..

Compact Pouch DS (pink)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b6-70-ki0.html

Nintendogs Carrying Bag DS (beige)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b6-70-ot5.html

[quote name='keviningeorgia'] Also what other Puzzle games are good?? My wife is a Mahjong and Bejeweled FREAK.[/QUOTE]
Zoo Keeper is a direct rip-off of Bejeweled :cool:

[quote name='keviningeorgia']When is Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney DS coming out?? My wife is an attorney and will get a good laugh at it.[/QUOTE]
It should be sometime in Q4 2005. I'm thinking November or December.

Enjoy it! I bought a DS from TRU's for $85, a return that looked untouched. I didn't plan on keeping it, but I did. What a mistake that was!!! I haven't stopped playing it since I charged it up. I picked up Madden 2005, Zookeeper, Feel The Magic, Mario and The Urbz for a grand total of $57. I can't stop playing Zookeeper. I had no plans on buying a portable, I am glad I did. The DS is a stronger system then I thought.

Zookeeper is a must if you like Bejeweled. I would also recommend Polarium and Puyo Pop Fever. I just picked up Meteos yesterday and it is definitely the best puzzler on the DS so far.

The Nintendo site shows Pheonix Wright as Q3 2005 release which is most likely September at the earliest.

Zoo Keeper and Meteos all the way. My fiancee doesn't even LIKE video games all that much, but I haven't been able to play my DS for the past two weeks thanks to Zoo Keeper... and she played Meteos two hours straight last night, all hissing like Gollum when I asked if I could play for a few minutes.
Puyo Pop is kinda meh. I'm thinking about adding it to my trade list.

I'm going to get a DS sooner or later, but I'd really appreciate a price drop on Nintendo's side before I put my money down. Pretty please with sugar on top. :D

Zookeeper is worth getting cuz it is so cheap.

I've played Warioware Touched the most . . . really good use of the touch screen.

Feel the Magic is also good but shallow.

Didn't get into the Yoshi game . . . feels like a tech demo.

[quote name='schultzed']Zookeeper is worth getting cuz it is so cheap.

[/QUOTE]

Damn skippy! Ripoff of Bejeweled or not, the price is right.

Oh, and congrats OP!

OOHHH It was a good day for my DS :) Got all my packages in today..

I got the used DS I bought off of Ebay for $65. As it said in the descritption, "Dead pixel in the lower right of the top screen" Took me forever to find it. it's a blue one and also like the description it didn't have a power adapter but I had an extra one for my SP.

All the stuff I got from the Ebgames coupon stacking came today.
Super Mario 64 DS, Asphalt Urban GT, Spider-Man 2 , Madden NFL 2005, Ridge Racer & Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
Revenge of the Sith had NEVER been opened.. I'm a happy guy.

Now just have to find the best deal on Nintendogs & can't wait till Sept. so I can give my wife her DS.

Thanks for all the Help CAGS :)
Kevin

I just got my DS off ebay the other day. It came with a case, screen protectors, a car charger and Mario. Now I just have to get some games for the blasted thing. Too bad I spent all my money on the system.:cool:

Oh well. I never got to play Mario 64 so this will hold me over for a bit.

[quote name='masterh']Zoo Keeper and Meteos all the way. My fiancee doesn't even LIKE video games all that much, but I haven't been able to play my DS for the past two weeks thanks to Zoo Keeper... and she played Meteos two hours straight last night, all hissing like Gollum when I asked if I could play for a few minutes.
Puyo Pop is kinda meh. I'm thinking about adding it to my trade list.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about Puyo Pop. It was my first game of that series but it just wasnt for me.

[quote name='Snake2715']I feel the same way about Puyo Pop. It was my first game of that series but it just wasnt for me.[/QUOTE]

Heh. Another soul falls doesn't to the darkness of Puyo Pop. How terrible. Seriously, that series is great. I say anyone who hasn't played it yet should seriously do themselves a favor. It's out on bout 50 systems now. I'm not a big fan of the Fever series, but whatever works.

If you can find it, I would recommend Puyo Pop for GBA.

To answer your other question, Play-Asia is fine I have ordered 3 times from them and never had a problem. If all the items are in stock it usually takes about a week for the items to get here with the cheapest shipping. Search the forums and someone will probably have a coupon code, as they send one with every order $5 off $40.

bread's done
Back