My DS shuts itself off! annoying

angrywolf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Has anybody ever had this problem? Yesterday, I was playing Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. I get to the point where you fight Malphas, the boss that you fight right after Dmitrii. My DS just shut itself off. At first I thought my battery had died, so I recharged it. I tried to play the game again, same thing! I thought crap, my DS is toast...so I play other areas of the game, everything is fine, as soon as I get to the room with Malphas though my DS does the same thing, and it happens between 20 seconds to a minute after I start fighting the boss. Never fails. It's driving me crazy:bomb:.

Edit: looks like my DS is toast. I beat the boss and now it happens all the time :(

If you keep DS plugged to AC Power cord, will it still randomly shutdown? Is it possible that you accidentally pushed the power switch when you are preoccupied with fighting the boss?

I double-checked, I didn't touch the power button at all. I tried to use it with the AC Adapter connected to it, same thing. I tried two other games...same thing. It seems like it only happens when I press the d-pad or action buttons though. If I leave it alone it stays on....I've had this thing for over a year, but I've only played one game with it so far. No scratches, never dropped it...nothing seems broken...sigh....:bomb:

have you ever dropped it or got it wet?

You might want to call Nintendo and talk to them about this. If you have never done any damage to it, it might be still under warranty. Call them up as they are usually very helpful and might be able to send it in for repairs for free :)

[quote name='ITDEFX']have you ever dropped it or got it wet?

You might want to call Nintendo and talk to them about this. If you have never done any damage to it, it might be still under warranty. Call them up as they are usually very helpful and might be able to send it in for repairs for free :)[/quote]

Thanks. No, I've never dropped it. It's pretty much brand new. I got it when the DS Lite originally came out but I've only played one game so far (New Super Mario Bros.). I'll give Nintendo a call, hopefully they can do something about it, since otherwise it works perfectly.

I've had the same problem with Dawn of Sorrow myself with my DS Lite shutting off when fighitng one of the bosses. I had Nintendo exchange it for free and the DS that I got seems to work perfectly now.

[quote name='AndrewCP']I've had the same problem with Dawn of Sorrow myself with my DS Lite shutting off when fighitng one of the bosses. I had Nintendo exchange it for free and the DS that I got seems to work perfectly now.[/quote]

Hopefully they'll exchange mine for free too, but I bought it when the DS Lite originally came out back in June '06 (I believe). Now it's happening with all the games. I'll call Nintendo tomorrow and see what they say....

This started happening to my first DSl and I had to get a new/refurb one from Nintendo. This happened while I was playing Castlevania PoR, right after it came out.

My DS would shut off after 1-2 minutes of being on. This happened wether it was battery run or plugged in. It happened with GBA games too. Nothing could be done.

Luckily Nintendos replacement plan is soo awesome I had another DS in my hands 2 days later.

bread's done
Back