My DS touch screen is giving feed back

CaptainObviousXl

CAGiversary!
Idk if this is normal but this morning i started up my ds and i noticed my screen was giving of some weird sounds. So i found out that the cover screen was making contacts with the screen itself. Is this normal or no, because my touch screen was vary solid.

[quote name='$hady']Mine moans if i touch it just right.[/quote]
i know thats a joke, but my question is does the touch screen touch the pixels if you push it hard enuf on a normal ds.

This is the way that the touch screens work on PDA's.

digitzer.jpg

I think its safe to assume that the DS touch screen is similar to the average pda touch screen. If so I don't think you have to worry about touching the actual pixels unless you apply some sort of extreme amount of pressure that would penetrate the gel layer. Hope that helps.

[quote name='basketkase543']This is the way that the touch screens work on PDA's.

digitzer.jpg

I think its safe to assume that the DS touch screen is similar to the average pda touch screen. If so I don't think you have to worry about touching the actual pixels unless you apply some sort of extreme amount of pressure that would penetrate the gel layer. Hope that helps.[/quote]
yeah it does, my toucg screen must be a poopy one. Also my touch screen is realy fuzzy, im gonna have to take it back when they get more in stock

mmmmmmm........

Dead pixles, fuzzy screens. It's beginning to sound like they rushed this one to market before the kinks could be worked out. Production run #2 coming to a retailer near you in 2005...

My touch screen is very cloudy too. I'm assuming that its just a protective measure. The bottom screen looks nowhere near as crisp as the top one.

I thought I had read somewhere that the protective plastic on the bottom screen would be durable to prevent scratches. I don't see how it could be as clear since it is a touch screen with protective plastic on it.

[quote name='Indiana']I thought I had read somewhere that the protective plastic on the bottom screen would be durable to prevent scratches. I don't see how it could be as clear since it is a touch screen with protective plastic on it.[/quote]

Exactly, thats why I don't have too much of a problem with it. With all of the rigorous gaming that the touch screen has to put up with, it needs good protection even at the cost of a less clear screen. It doesn't bug me at all.

bread's done
Back