My eBay-Half.com connection is crumbling!

PsyClerk

CAGiversary!
I've had my first bad eBay experience and Half.com experience all on the same day.

First off, I tried to get in on the Onimusha 3 thing CheapyD posted yesterday, and also tried to get Red Dead Revolver from the same guy. He took PayPal on Onimusha, but not on RDR. Today I find out that the seller has been suspended from eBay.

A couple of days ago I tried to order Dino Crisis 2 off Half.com. It was supposedly in good condition and the price was right. Today I get an email saying my purchase is cancelled because the seller would not confirm.

I believe I shall be abstaining from purchases for a while.

Yeah, that's the problem with Half.com, I bought a like new NFL 2K for Dreamcast back when it was the new football game out and the case was cracked in quite a few spots and the hinge was broken.

I am really upset they are closing down in a month though becuase I like selling games on there more than on Ebay since it's easier to list and sell games.

Closing down in a month? I wonder if they're ever going to refund my money from a seller not sending my item, then.

The site will still be up and running for sellers and buyers to check their purchases until October but in a month, you can no longer buy and sell on the site.

Weak. I liked Half too. Of course, it's a shell of it's former self, from back when they actually insisted you not sell for more than half price, but still...I liked the automation of the process. Not dealing with sellers or buyers unless there was a problem was nice.

Yeah Im not too big into this whole Ebay thing or Half.com because I did get one ripped off, and didnt get nothing to pay back for this. Other than that the few times Ive won something on there and got what I bought but I dunno just bad luck I guess

Yeah and now EBay bought them out and they are trying to monopolize the market. I passed Half.com's main headquarters on the turnpike today and it was hard to belive that in a month, after all these years, it will be gone.

Half.com used to be independent, it was started by a small operation and in either 2001 or 2002, Ebay bought it.

"When will the transition from Half.com to eBay take place?
On July 13, 2004 buyers and sellers will no longer be able to transact on Half.com. Up until July 13, you will be able to list and transact on Half as you do today. On July 13, new user registration will end, inventory will not be able to be loaded on the site and users coming to Half.com will be redirected to eBay. Half will continue to exist as a redirect as long as buyers are coming to Half.com, so we can hold onto as many of them as possible. You will, however, be able to access the "My Account" section of Half.com until October 13, 2004."

http://half.ebay.com/include/transitionFAQ.jsp#1

I think they are just incorporating all the functions of Half + Ebay into the Ebay site, instead of splitting it into two sites. "Rebranding," as they say. Ebay has been hyping up "Buy It Now" and "eBay stores" to death lately, probably to ease the transistion over to a single site.

Ebay used to be so cool. It still is, for the most part. But now with piracy pretty much rampant all over, it's more scary than cool.

Its true...

Half.com's affiliate program has already been shut down.

Just looking at www.half.com you can see how they are trying to turn on their customer's to ebay.

They are incorporating a lot of the stuff from Half into EBay but the best parts of Half.com will be gone like the free listing of items, and you could list the item as long as you wanted and no non paying bidders.

I feel like it's been at least two months since I've been hearing "closing down in a month".

Bad sense of time x-p.

That's because it was supposed to be shut down a lot earlier but because of complaints, they kept extending the closing date.

oh well, don't buy at ebay, that's it~ i personally don't like to buy from ebay as i got ripped off for 2 times previously as well~

bread's done
Back