My Ex and I Are Back Together!!!

[quote name='dman1869']We've been separated for a couple of weeks now. I don't know if you would call it a rebound girl but I need someone to hang out with that's the opposite sex. I thought there might be a chance of us working things out since we have in the past but I don't think that's going to happen this time.[/QUOTE]

A couple of weeks? Seems like after a breakup of a serious relationship you should wait a couple of months before dating again. You should also try to work things out if at all possible. Also don't put more importance in dating or finding a new partner over your kid. When I was growing up I knew a lot of kids who had divorced parents that put their dating lives first.

[quote name='dman1869']Ugh. I don't think I'm going to have any luck with these online match-making sites. Are there any CAGs that have any cute, single, female friends? :lol: I think there was a black guy from CAG that's from Sacramento. Black guys always know hot chicks, right? Anyone near Sacrmento, Roseville, Rocklin, or the Auburn area would be great. We'll see how things turn out.[/QUOTE]

I live near Auburn. I've found the dating scene in Placer County to be nearly non-existent. Mainly because I live in such a small town.

[quote name='dman1869']Well I've been trying this online dating stuff but I don't know what to make of it. I haven't actually been out on a date yet, just chatting. I'm talking to this one girl who is very attractive (at least from her pictures, if that's her) but she started to say how she loved me after only chatting twice! I found that kind of odd so I tried to talk to other guys to see if they had experience with scammers before. They said "Yeah, a lot." The only pictures she has sent me have been professional pictures, like modeling ones. She said she used to model. I briefly spoke to her on the phone but it was really bad reception since she is in Africa right now. I'm not sure if I should persue this or not. This whole dating thing sucks! :wall:[/QUOTE]

That sounds an awful lot like a girl I've been talking to. Is her name Alicia by chance?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Shit man I didn't know Nigerian scammers used dating sites! :lol:

I did have luck when I used dating sites. I met my current boyfriend who is a lawyer on Yahoo Personals and we have been together for over a year. He was actually the first and only person I met from the site. I would call that a success story. Most people seem to have shitty luck on those sites though.[/QUOTE]

How old is your bf exactly? He must be quite a bit older since you're only 19 and he has a law degree.

[quote name='Collectordragon']That sounds an awful lot like a girl I've been talking to. Is her name Alicia by chance?[/QUOTE]

No, it's Sharon. But it might be the same girl pulling the same scam with an alias. :lol: Yeah, the Placer County dating scene is pretty much non-existant. And the ones that do want to date are usually overweight or just not that attractive. No offense to the big-bonned females, they're just not my thing.

I hear what you guys are saying about giving the relationship thing a break, but I can't stop thinking about my ex so I figured another female to pass the time and maybe even care for would help my situation.

Hey Cdragon, how old are you and did you go to Placer High School?

[quote name='dman1869']No, it's Sharon. But it might be the same girl pulling the same scam with an alias. :lol: Yeah, the Placer County dating scene is pretty much non-existant. And the ones that do want to date are usually overweight or just not that attractive. No offense to the big-bonned females, they're just not my thing.

I hear what you guys are saying about giving the relationship thing a break, but I can't stop thinking about my ex so I figured another female to pass the time and maybe even care for would help my situation.

Hey Cdragon, how old are you and did you go to Placer High School?[/QUOTE]

Could you private message me a picture of Sharon or a link to her profile? The girl I'm talking to deleted her profile but I can tell you if it's the same person (at least in the picture). As for the average females in the area I know exactly what you mean unfortunately. Another thing I've noticed is the absurd number of girls with mustaches.

I'm 25 and no. Did you go there? I'm guessing class of '00?

[quote name='Collectordragon']How old is your bf exactly? He must be quite a bit older since you're only 19 and he has a law degree.[/QUOTE]
:cry:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']28...
:cry:[/QUOTE]

Why does that make you sad? You wish he was closer to your age? I thought girls loved older guys? :lol: The girls go crazy for a guy with AARP membership.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Why does that make you sad? You wish he was closer to your age? I thought girls loved older guys? :lol: The girls go crazy for a guy with AARP membership.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't really mind it, but people think it's weird. :lol: I did at first too though. :lol:

[quote name='Collectordragon']A couple of weeks? Seems like after a breakup of a serious relationship you should wait a couple of months before dating again. You should also try to work things out if at all possible. Also don't put more importance in dating or finding a new partner over your kid. When I was growing up I knew a lot of kids who had divorced parents that put their dating lives first.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to work things out but she does not want to; I can't force her. My daughter is THE most important thing in this whole thing and I have never taken any attention away from her, but when she is with me I do think in the back of my head that her mother should be here too.

My ex and I are working things out, and I think we're going to be ok! \\:D/ Thanks to the people that helped and tried to help me cope with the loss. I REALLY hope I never have to put up this thread again. Only time will tell. :bouncy:

Well, that's a happy ending for now. Glad you were able to work things out. That'll especially be good for your daughter. I just hope you don't keep being on-again, off-again, because that's definitely not a good thing for you or your daughter.

[quote name='jPoD']Congrats bro. Hopefully things stay well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. I think we're actually going to follow through this time and get married on the 14th. :lol:

[quote name='dman1869']Yeah, me too. I think we're actually going to follow through this time and get married on the 14th. :lol:[/quote]

Might want to delay it a wee bit if you just got back together with her and was looking to score with an african chick about a week ago.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Might want to delay it a wee bit if you just got back together with her and was looking to score with an african chick about a week ago.[/QUOTE]
:lol:
Yeah, thats kinda sudden.

[quote name='dman1869']Yeah, me too. I think we're actually going to follow through this time and get married on the 14th. :lol:[/quote]

Just make sure that you're not getting married thinking that tying the knot is going to be a miracle fix that smooths over all the raw feelings THAT YOU BOTH VERY RECENTLY HAD. I hate to say it, but that's probably not the way to make things better. It might distract you both from your problems for awhile, but it certainly won't solve them...and marriage is something you can't just cut and run from if stormy times return.

Good luck, and make sure whatever decision you make is for the right reasons.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Just make sure that you're not getting married thinking that tying the knot is going to be a miracle fix that smooths over all the raw feelings THAT YOU BOTH VERY RECENTLY HAD. I hate to say it, but that's probably not the way to make things better. It might distract you both from your problems for awhile, but it certainly won't solve them...and marriage is something you can't just cut and run from if stormy times return.

Good luck, and make sure whatever decision you make is for the right reasons.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not pretending we're going to be perfect. But, she recently over the past year or 2 got into this religion stuff and she says she would feel better about the relationship in we weren't living in sin. :roll: We had planned to get married 3 times before, one of them being today, but we never went through with any of them. I don't really care if we get married today, next month, or next year. Although I think we're actually going to go up to Reno today. As for that African girl, she helped me take my mind off my ex, but I never truly believed she was for real because there was just too many things that didn't add up about her. Thanks for the advice though guys.

Congrats bro. I hope everything works out for the best between the two of you. Hopefully you guys work everything out and can be a good influence on your daughter.

Well we did it. We went and got hitched up in Reno on Valentine's Day! So I'm officially married. It was a small ceremony with a couple people. We're going to do a bigger wedding down the road. I sincerely hope this is my first, and last marriage. :pray:

[quote name='dman1869']Well we did it. We went and got hitched up in Reno on Valentine's Day! So I'm officially married. It was a small ceremony with a couple people. We're going to do a bigger wedding down the road. I sincerely hope this is my first, and last marriage. :pray:[/QUOTE]

This will not end well....

I wish it would, and I congratulate you, but this will not end well...

smalltime wedding in Nevada=not good
I wish you the best and all, but as DoK said, this wont end well.

[quote name='jPoD']smalltime wedding in Nevada=not good
I wish you the best and all, but as DoK said, this wont end well.[/quote]

I'm getting married in Vegas, bitch

You are together 7 years, break up, immediately want to find a new girl, and now you think you are ready to be married?

I await your future thread titled: My wife and I got divorced!!!

[quote name='Zing']You are together 7 years, break up, immediately want to find a new girl, and now you think you are ready to be married?

I await your future thread titled: My wife and I got divorced!!![/QUOTE]

Zing!!!!!!!!! (cmon, I had to ;))

[quote name='dman1869']Well we did it. We went and got hitched up in Reno on Valentine's Day![/quote]

That was one of the dumbest moves you could've made. Congratulations.

[quote name='The Dord']I filled out nearly a thousand of their tests and been with them almost a year and no one has ever messaged me at all.[/quote]

You are the hunter, not the prey.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']QFT. Women get tons of messages on these sites, men get 0.[/QUOTE]

i get messages all the time... sexy messages

[quote name='iheartmetal']i get messages all the time... sexy messages[/quote]

Hello, I from Russia need man. Marry me love you long time, me shave mustache all time.

Damn, you guys are pretty rough! We have been together for awhile now, have kids, and we do actually get along most of the time. I've got this thread bookmarked so hopefully I can post here next year and report that we're doing fine.

[quote name='dman1869']Damn, you guys are pretty rough! We have been together for awhile now, have kids, and we do actually get along most of the time. I've got this thread bookmarked so hopefully I can post here next year and report that we're doing fine.[/QUOTE]

Please do let us know.

[quote name='dman1869']Damn, you guys are pretty rough! We have been together for awhile now, have kids, and we do actually get along most of the time. I've got this thread bookmarked so hopefully I can post here next year and report that we're doing fine.[/QUOTE]

I think they've been so rough on you because the second you're separated from your girl you're looking for a new one and the second you get back together you get married. That's going from one extreme to another. Seems like you aren't familiar with the concept of waiting.

[quote name='dman1869']Well we did it. We went and got hitched up in Reno on Valentine's Day! So I'm officially married. It was a small ceremony with a couple people. We're going to do a bigger wedding down the road. I sincerely hope this is my first, and last marriage. :pray:[/QUOTE]

you done fucked up

[quote name='Collectordragon']I think they've been so rough on you because the second you're separated from your girl you're looking for a new one and the second you get back together you get married. That's going from one extreme to another. Seems like you aren't familiar with the concept of waiting.[/QUOTE]

Well the new girl thing was really only therapy for me to get my mind off my ex. Even though the main girl I was talking to seemed fake, I still chatted with her to occupy my time, and in a way it made me feel like I did when I was with my ex. I'm not sure if that's makes sense but it does to me. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I wasn't just looking to hook up for a night, but just someone to talk to because I couldn't stop thinking about my ex. Hopefully I'll be able to prove you guys wrong.

Newsflash! The "new girl" thing is whats called a "rebound". I'm not gonna read this entire thread, but say "how does this affect me, and more importantly, why should I give a flying fuck?" It all ends the same as every girlfriend/boyfriend/animal(?)/what-the-fuck-ever thread that gets made on here...

Half the CAGs that make these threads seem to have only been with "whoever" for like 6 months or less. And whine like a bitch that its over. How about this: get back to us when you've been together for many many years, and said person has tragicly disappeard from your life, or god forbid, have died.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Newsflash! The "new girl" thing is whats called a "rebound". I'm not gonna read this entire thread, but say "how does this affect me, and more importantly, why should I give a flying fuck?" It all ends the same as every girlfriend/boyfriend/animal(?)/what-the-fuck-ever thread that gets made on here...

Half the CAGs that make these threads seem to have only been with "whoever" for like 6 months or less. And whine like a bitch that its over. How about this: get back to us when you've been together for many many years, and said person has tragicly disappeard from your life, or god forbid, have died.[/QUOTE]

What a nice post. :roll: I wouldn't have posted this if it was some girl I was with for 6 months. It was actually 7 years. I was just asking my fellow CAGs to help out with my loss. And they did, for the most part. And I will post here in a year or two and give you guys an update. :)

bread's done
Back