My Experience with Gamereproductions.com

kiwixstyle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
To make a long story short, I came upon this old thread from just last year in a google search: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175491 , and finished writing out a reply to one of the messages in it before I realized it was actually 2009, lol. At any rate, rather than deleting all the stuff I wrote out, I figured this 'may' be useful to some people out there. So in the interest of sharing knowledge, here it is :):

I ordered some games from GameReproductions.com about 3 months ago. I bought the following to play on my olskool NES:

-Final Fantasy II
-Final Fantasy III
-Sweet Home
-Earthbound (Zero)

To be quite honest, the guy does excellent work. I e-mailed him with questions, and he responded quickly. Overall he's a very friendly person and easy to talk to. If you read the site, it basically says that he will 'try' and put any rom you ask for onto a cart (excellent for homebrew stuffs). Likewise, he says he will use any label image you want to place on the cart if there is a custom one you would like to use. His philosophy is not to rip people off for these "reproductions" by charging mostly for materials (it's like $28 for most games (but he runs specials), which includes finding a 'donor' cart to replace with the game of your choice, high-gloss label-maker, including a battery for games that save, etc.). The way I see it, if he really wanted to go out there and make a killer profit, he would be selling ALL of his stuff on eBay, right?

Anywho, the only real drawback this site has is that it seriously takes about a month to receive your items. Now I don't know why this process would take this long unless the donor cart (ie: the circuit board needed) was a rare one. But then I really don't know.. ;)

Other than that, I'd say I'm pretty pleased with his services and I'll likely be ordering from him again in the future.

Just for the record, there IS another site that is in competition with his, and it's: http://www.nesreproductions.com/ . The only problem with that site is that -you- have to provide the donor cart for various games. So ultimately, it would cost you more.

Anyways, if anybody would like me to take some pictures of the reproductions with my digi-cam, I'd be more than happy to. :)

If you don't mind doing it, I'd like to see what your reproductions look like. I'd never heard of anyone doing something like this. Sounds interesting.

Whoops, sorry about the late reply..totally forgot about this thread until today, heh..

As requested, here is a pic of the 4 carts:

IMG_0651.jpg

If you were to show these to somebody who wasn't in the know, you would probably be able to pass these off as originals, lol. Anywho, I hope this helps!! ;)

bread's done
Back