My first 24 hours on XBL!

BoneMonkey80

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Last month I bought the xbox arcade and I loved it playing games like mass effect bioshock and GTAIV I was in heaven!

Yesterday I decided to hook up my XBOX360 and hop on live! I got a free 1 month trail.

So how was it?

First hour into it I was playing gears of war someone called another person the N-Word and then said White Power (How lovely.....) Then I get my ass handed to me for a whole hour in multiplayer and I couldn't EVEN GET ONE KILL!

What the hell is wrong with me lol?

But all in all i'm impressed with live!

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']Last month I bought the xbox arcade and I loved it playing games like mass effect bioshock and GTAIV I was in heaven!

Yesterday I decided to hook up my XBOX360 and hop on live! I got a free 1 month trail.

So how was it?

First hour into it I was playing gears of war someone called another person the N-Word and then said White Power (How lovely.....) Then I get my ass handed to me for a whole hour in multiplayer and I couldn't EVEN GET ONE KILL!

But all in all i'm impressed with live![/quote]

Better then me where I got people saying they'd rape my sister. They said that THEN called me the N word. Though I was more offended by their shrill voices then their actual insults.

That's pretty much how Live is for the most part. Every once in awhile you'll run into some cool people but for the most part its just a bunch of asshats. But beating on asshats sure is fun!

Remember to mute the mic. If you don't, you'll hear the N word all day long. It happens mostly in Halo 3 and Gears of War mainly. If you knock Gears and Halo 3, you knock off the N word at least 50%. There's a lot of it on Call of Duty 4, but it's far less then Halo 3 and Gears.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']or worse.

it all depends on if you play with friends or millions of 12 year olds.[/quote]

Just pretend to be a petifile (wow spelling on that one?). Usually it shuts them up for a match or two. Wrong yes ... effective very much so, usually.

xbox live is great and fun but some times you get people that swear and say real stupid stuff you just need to learn to ignore them its a great place to play with your friends and make some new ones

I think TF2 in The Orange Box is the online game on Xbox Live where I haven't heard the N word used once.

EDIT: Nope. I now remember someone using. I guess no game is safe.

[quote name='ananag112']I guess no game is safe.[/quote]

This.

The very first time I ever went online in Rock Band I joined some people and they got pissed that I didn't have all the DLC for it and I was called a cum dumpster. Good times...

All the DLC for Rock Band? Jesus christ, that's like well over $100. fucking idiots.

I'm glad some people have a blast on XBL but after about a year of membership, I dumped it. There's no point for me. I don't have the time to play a game religiously from its launch in order to be competitive and for my money, the best games of the past two years have been primarily single-player affairs.

BoneMonkey, just in case you don't know, you can always mute the offending players.

Personally, I can tolerate the insults and cursing, but the worst IMO is while someone is screaming, or singing, or playing Lamb of God at volume 1,000 into the mic.

I love Liveit's addicting and you'll soon check out the multiplayer before the single player when you get a new game because human opponents are better that AI anyday. I love a newbies 1st attempt on Live, they think they are awesome at everything or even their little group of friends an then hello world and get shit faced lol. I've watched many friends experience this and get hooked on getting better to hang with the world.

Of all the games you decided to try for your first online game you chose the one with the absolute worst community there is. No game is safe you will see cock and balls playing Uno online or kids cursing in shooters or shit talkers on every play in sports games. Even multiplayer Tetris Worlds back in the day on Xbox I heard people talking crap trying to throw off the other people playing.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']
Personally, I can tolerate the insults and cursing, but the worst IMO is while someone is screaming, or singing, or playing Lamb of God at volume 1,000 into the mic.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I can stand all the racism, sexism, and cursism, but when it comes to the singing and screaming or annoying ass music, thats when the mute comes into effect.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Same here, I can stand all the racism, sexism, and cursism, but when it comes to the singing and screaming or annoying ass music, thats when the mute comes into effect.[/quote]

I would have to agree with this, It's annoying when your playing COD & trying to Communicate with your team & you have someone blasting music the whole time in the mic.... racism & etc doesnt really bother me much, I just laugh at how insolent this world can be regardless of what age you are...

For some reason on the first post I expected it to say "I've never been called the N word so much in all my life."

Though I just mute everyone, but people on my friends list. Saves the hassle.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Mute everyone including your team mates. lol... seriously.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that. My friend, once I started playing CoD with him, brought to my attention to do this at every map start.. and it's worked wonders. I just mute everyone but my friends, and ta-da, no racism, no music blaring, no anything bad, except for what my friends and I say to each other.

Someday when I break my Team Fortress 2 addiction I'll actually go back on my xbox and play. But until then.... i'll just have to say white power to myself to make me miss the idiots on Live.

But seriously? Is there anything better than hopping on to XBlive and being totally entertained? I love getting on with a group of 6 buddies and just listening and completely ripping on the idiots that exist online.

Dont even get me started on the people who play PC games...

Playing on Xbox Live is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. One game, it'll be racism. Second game, it'll be swearing. But all in all, the drama against two sides is what keeps me coming back for more. Let's face it, there's a 99% chance you won't see the person you're talking to in your life. So, why not just spit out some swear words and call them the worst things you've heard in your life?

Each time I get on Xbox Live and play games like CoD4, I will always run into an argument at least one time I am on. It's funny to hear what people say.

Just go into your dash settings and set it up so that you can only communicate with people on your friends list. Problem solved. I don't recall where the exact setting is though so you might have to do some exploring. It might be in the family settings.

I haven't heard a single person outside my friends list for over a year. Pure online gaming bliss.

If only there were a STFU option. No in-game chat at all, ever, in any game. Xbox live would be a much happier place for me.

Live isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I've only run into one asshole kid in the past week.

Even then, I enjoy trading insults when the opportunity presents itself. Stupid kids.

[quote name='distgfx']If only there were a STFU option. No in-game chat at all, ever, in any game. Xbox live would be a much happier place for me.[/QUOTE]

Unplug your headset.

[quote name='Corvin']Just go into your dash settings and set it up so that you can only communicate with people on your friends list. Problem solved. I don't recall where the exact setting is though so you might have to do some exploring. It might be in the family settings.

I haven't heard a single person outside my friends list for over a year. Pure online gaming bliss.[/QUOTE]

click your guide button, then on your gamercard (where your gamerscore is), edit profile, and then privacy settings. on my account i only play call of duty 4 on, i set it up where i could only hear friends because of annoying people and because my trash talking back to the people that start things got my rep below 35% positive (between spawn camping and trash talking). on my main account, i can hear everyone still, but i only play with friends and make sure we either have a close to full room (any game) or i mute any new people that come in right away.

i am sure almost everyone in here has basically heard everything there is to hear on live if they haven't always had everyone muted. i personally got tired of the screaming little kids, singing,and blasting music in the headset. trash talking doesn't bother me and i don't start until someone else does to me or my friends, but i can't stand the people that trash talk and then give you negative rep for trash talking back.

I was considering trying live out, when Gears of War 2 hit, but I don't need anyone calling me the N word, and claiming to rape my sister. lol

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']

Gears of War is definitely a game you have to master(or at least play for days), to be good at (when it comes to multiplayer).

I loved the campaign and jumped on the mp side of it, and got my ass handed to me over and over...it just takes alot of time..the controls are very jumpy and usually lag is involved.

If you play cod4 or another type of mp game, im sure you'd feel more at home

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']Last month I bought the xbox arcade and I loved it playing games like mass effect bioshock and GTAIV I was in heaven!

So how was it?

Yeah, I just leave the mic off most of the time unless I play with people on my friends list. Sometimes I won't, and I have met my share of really good people online too.

Halo 3 makes it easy to mute only the a-holes instead of just everyone. COD4 can do it too, but it is a bit more cumbersome.

Like another person said, I don't have a problem with people talking smack if it is game related, but the pre-game singing and playing music is lame and annoying so I mute those fools and submit a player review for "disruptive voice" or whatever is appropriate. Make use of the abilty to choose preffered and avoided players. I think if more people would use that, it would help somewhat.

In my experience, the more popular games tend to draw a higher proportion of miscreants. Less popular games with smaller, tight-knit communities tend to be friendlier and more welcoming to new players.

[quote name='jd302426']Seems only McCain supporters play on LIVE.[/quote]
Says the dude with the XBL account.

Welcome to Internet Anonymity; people have balls of steel when they can say anything they want without any repercussion. Your best bet is to get in on the CAG games or get a group of CAGs to play with. You'll find that damn near everyone on this board is a pretty respectable player; even "Mr. Soon to be deemed a dumbass 'Seems only McCain supporters play on LIVE'" up there.

Again, play with those you know or you'll soon get a complex because you're called a mixture of a n****r c0ck sucking f***ot noob who just had his mom violated by the players on your own team.

[quote name='RLeav20717']Gears of War is definitely a game you have to master(or at least play for days), to be good at (when it comes to multiplayer).

I loved the campaign and jumped on the mp side of it, and got my ass handed to me over and over...it just takes alot of time..the controls are very jumpy and usually lag is involved.

If you play cod4 or another type of mp game, im sure you'd feel more at home[/QUOTE]

Gears 1 gets very frustrating when you are playing with people that do nothing but charge at you then roll around with the shotgun, blasting between rolls. That's lame.

Luckily, Gears 2 has some precautions, apparently, to solve this.

bread's done
Back