My first mad deal ever. Yay me! (MvC2 PS2 for $7.46 :O )

magiic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
I was at a local Blockbuster today and snagged this for $7.46 after tax (after B2GO).

IMG_1857.jpg

That was the highlight of the day.

I got all of this for $72.24

IMG_1856.jpg

Yesterday I got all these cases for free which was cool. It was from my local Rogers.

IMG_1850.jpg

I know I nearly shit myself when I saw it on the shelf. Then again when I saw the $9.99 tag. It was unbelievable to finally snag a huge deal.

[quote name='Foo228']Killer deal but make sure you dont just backlog Darkness - its worth playing![/QUOTE]

Agreed. The Darkness is awesome, one of my favorite games last year.

Wow, just wow. I am totally stunned and jealous! lol! Great snag and find! I also echo the sentiments of the previous posts in saying play The Darkness because it also one of my favorite games. Great story, characters, action, everything.

So wait, is BB having a B2G1 sale right now? If so I will be there first thing tomorrow morning!

[quote name='Foo228']Killer deal but make sure you dont just backlog Darkness - its worth playing![/QUOTE]

and beyond good and evil!

I guess I'm the only person in this thread who is going to poo poo The Darkness. I played it late last year on my one friends PS3 and I thought it was monotonous having to friggin' break every light in an area before I could take out the enemies effectively.

It DID have a somewhat interesting story and characters, but the light breaking shit was pure agony and had me bored shitless quickly.

Oh and play Mercenaries, which is a PHENOMENAL GTA clone. Very fun and very addicting.

[quote name='magiic']I think it's Canada only. I don't think there is much consistency between Canadian and American BBV's[/quote]
Great deal!
Do you know how long it is going on for? I just got a 360, and could use some more games.

I have no idea when it's on till. Truth be told I didnt even known it was B2GO until the chick at the register told me as I was checking out.

Nice score. Only fantasic deal I've ever come across at rental stores is 2 copies of Pikmin 2 @ $10 each I turned around and ebayed for $100. I've seen MGS:TS at a bunch of bbvs around here for $10 too.

I thought everything gaming was overpriced in Canada? If that's true, then you really made out. You guys had some damn good eb/gs gamedays sales too.

traditionally stuff is way over priced
the eb game day stuff and this blockbuster stuff is one of the few rare exceptions

[quote name='QiG']Nice score. Only fantasic deal I've ever come across at rental stores is 2 copies of Pikmin 2 @ $10 each I turned around and ebayed for $100. I've seen MGS:TS at a bunch of bbvs around here for $10 too.

I thought everything gaming was overpriced in Canada? If that's true, then you really made out. You guys had some damn good eb/gs gamedays sales too.[/quote]
Ditto, I found a sealed copy of Pikmin 2 for $10.22 at CC a few months back when they had the additional 33% off clearance games. But last year I walked into a store and I saw a sealed copy of MVC2 for the Xbox sitting on the shelf for $9.96. I almost knocked the damn shelf down and any old ladies in my way to get to that thing. I just couldn't believe it! The downside was that the wrap was all tattered from shelf life. But I fixed it up nice and then flipped it. So I know that feeling man.

LOL, It's crazy how some of the no EB trade stores are about pricing, they can have a crappy game for alot and a great game cheap...and the dumbass soccer moms always grab the expensive on ebecause that low priced on is probably crappy!! lol.

I asked for them. I am really good friends with all the employees at my local Rogers Video. I was there when they were picking through the rental shelves and getting rid of boxes they no longer had games for. I asked if I could have a couple and he said I could have them all.

I have no fucking clue. I am a sucker for free stuff. A few people have expressed interest in buying some extra cases off me. I'm all down for sending them out it's just that shipping stuff out of Canada tends to be kind of on the expensive side even for small stuff. Our postal system kind of sucks.

I know a lot of people have expressed interest in the cases. I posted them on TL for $5 each (yes I know it sucks but so does Canada Post) or $3 each if you buy more than 5 of them.

bread's done
Back